• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Chimera Collection could be announced at the upcoming PlayStation Event

Halo picked up strongly on OG Xbox and became a massive multimedia property with tons of books and wide explored lore. KZ2, KZ3, KZ:SF we’re very strong games pushing some of the best graphics of each generation… not sure why they are not more popular (SF was a bit of a bore for me), but it is not as simple as what is inside each game maybe.
What made Killzone fail was the lack of care and marketing. Halo immediately presented itself as this huge universe with tons to explore. Books followed, spin-offs followed, and now we're even going to have a TV Series. MS wanted Halo to be big so they did everything they could to make it happen. Killzone was touted as the Halo killer, but after the first game, Sony shy away, letting the franchise go on in the background. They didn't want to make Killzone big anymore, they just let it exist.

Halo is Xbox, Killzone was never Playstation, like Uncharted or TLOU is.

ParaSeoul

Appreciate it. But I still have my doubts if this is going to be any good. I was expecting a first party studio to tackle FPSs.
No first party has enough experience with first person shooters to tackle one imo,plus if this works out they will probably be a first party studio. Not a COD person but I know the games they've worked on previously were some of the well liked ones.

Top Bottom