• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return To Monkey Island announced, coming 2022

I don't really understand how you can be so focused on art and presentation when you claim to have lost interest in adventure games right around the time they moved to VGA, which was probably the biggest visual upgrade in the genre's history (unless you count the move from text-only to any graphics at all).

But hey, you do you.
It wasn't any bigger than the the jump to EGA with Roland sound. Space Quest 3, for example, looks amazing. I said that I'm focused on the presentation BECAUSE they dumped the interface that actually made them interesting to me. There's nothing left.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Cool. Good point. Except let's use our eyes instead.

ASaOrH6.jpg

pBdWPRI.png

TQzGVNQ.gif

YvMhCoL.jpg

And now the new game...

VgveZH2.jpg

UV1hKDL.jpg

vqhCnLn.png

You can't in good faith tell me that these are radically different art style or that they don't match the tone and mood. The character designs are very different, sure, but the idea that MI was ever "realistic" or romantic art style is bullshit. It had these really detailed close ups that were contrasted with the rest of the art for comedic effect, but the main style of the game was cartoony, man.
You're right, I added a simple filter and suddenly they look kinda similar.
BZfCHfD.jpg

b76oiqv.png

Top Bottom