• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Delayed to April 30th

Airbus Jr

Banned
The protagonist in this game remind me of that knight lady from game of thrones

tenor.gif

xrnzaaas

Mays free psn plus game
You know what, I wouldn't be that surprised if they look at people's reactions, even the biggest Housemarque fans aren't planning to buy this day1. This would be a great half price game, but charging full price is just sending it to die. Resogun did incredible in terms of popularity thanks to PS+, I don't think it would become popular if it wasn't offered this way.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Wow, price whining started at post #4. Must be a new record.

You don't think cost of product is relevant? Especially a new outrageous one at that, asking most of the world to pay around $95. It's a price point that's almost certainly going to hinder sales. Demon Souls had a strong fanbase to fall back on and the excitement of a new console launch, this has neither.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wouldn’t worry about the price, most of there games come to psn plus anyways. Only gonna burn the day one buyers.

Withnail

You don't think cost of product is relevant? Especially a new outrageous one at that, asking most of the world to pay around $95. It's a price point that's almost certainly going to hinder sales. Demon Souls had a strong fanbase to fall back on and the excitement of a new console launch, this has neither.

I don't think we need it in every single thread about the game. If it's too expensive then wait a few weeks. The price increase is just a tax on day one buyers, everybody should know by now that Sony games drop in price pretty quickly.

Camreezie

Same day as New Pokemon Snap
A week before Resident Evil Village

And at that price if it doesnt go to Playstation Plus or get a revised price point RIP

bxrz

Same day as New Pokemon Snap
A week before Resident Evil Village

And at that price if it doesnt go to Playstation Plus or get a revised price point RIP
Sony setting this game up to fail (sales wise) and nobody is talking about it

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1 week before RE: 8 and 3 weeks before Deathloop.

And it will be the only game out the 3 that is prices at $70

Also tells me Ratchet and Clank isn’t coming until June or July
Hol up what?
RE8 isnt 70 bucks?

Re8 looks like a game that could justify its pricepoint out of these 3.
Why is this title 70 bucks?

Warnen

I don't believe that's true, Housemarque's last 2-3 games definitely haven't been PS+ titles
Only 1 of there Sony published games didn’t get put on ps plus but sure. With Sony willingness to drop ”major” ps5 titles on ps plus that have little interest to most people (ala that car game next month) and the majority of there games being on ps plus I’d say you got a great then average shot to it showing up pretty fast.

Hostile_18

Banned
I don't think we need it in every single thread about the game. If it's too expensive then wait a few weeks. The price increase is just a tax on day one buyers, everybody should know by now that Sony games drop in price pretty quickly.

Only way we get change is by making our voices heard, look how quickly the Gold price increase was reversed, or loot boxes out of Battlefront etc.

I think it hurts the developers more. The extra profit margin is very unlikely to offset the tepid day 1 sales that are so important (and go hand in hand with the brunt of the marketing)

If it dominates the conversation just like other controversies have (I.e Cyberpunk and bugs) it's good as shitty business practices should be highlighted IMO 😊

Where do you got that from?

That's the price covered into dollars from most territories for the standard SKU. Yes Americans have to pay sales tax on top but its marginal.

There's already signs this new price structure won't take around the world. Look at Destruction all Stars for an early indicator. Games are essentially been sent out to die.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Only 1 of there Sony published games didn’t get put on ps plus but sure. With Sony willingness to drop ”major” ps5 titles on ps plus that have little interest to most people (ala that car game next month) and the majority of there games being on ps plus I’d say you got a great then average shot to it showing up pretty fast.

that's still not accurate, Alienation only went to PS+ in Europe & never in America

Matterfall hasn't been PS+ anywhere & nor was Super Stardust Delta

When will Ratchet come out then? I hope it's before July.
Good question. I really thought we'd get Ratchet in the first quarter. Definitely not appearing to be the case.

I feel like the game is done, but they are holding it. They don't need to boost PS5 sales yet, as demand still beats out supply.

Warnen

that's still not accurate, Alienation only went to PS+ in Europe & never in America

Matterfall hasn't been PS+ anywhere & nor was Super Stardust Delta

I have alienation and I don’t buy there games so got it free from somewhere

leo-j

i really hope Kena is a AAA indie with 25 hours of content at the minimum to keep me till then. Or they release nexgen patches for more AAA ps4 games 🥺.

I just canceled my preorder. Initially it looked interesting and beautiful, but the latest gameplay videos look awful. It's like Resogun merged with Gears of War with underwhelming graphics. I have a gut feeling this game will bomb hard.
Mark my words....

Top Bottom