• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Delayed to April 30th

John Day

Can’t wait for the OT, to see what the game really plays like. I’m still confused (and LAZY to look up, I know!! 🤣).

Looks nice but still not sure about the gameplay loop. Will look for impressions.

Sort of lines up with what originally thought....they are gonna space these games out over the next 2 years
We are probably only going to get 3 actual ps5 exclusives released this year and the rest will be timed third party or major third party games
  • Destruction AllStars - Feb
  • Returnal - April
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Probably Aug/Sept

And the below i defiantly don't see being released this year unless they are very quick DLC type updates like Miles Morales built off the base ps4 games
  • God of War: Ragnarok (late 2022)
  • GT7 ?????
  • Horizon Forbidden West (probably early 2022)

These 2 im not sure how the Bethesda deal comes into play
  • Deathloop
  • GhostWire: Tokyo

Is “I just canceled my preorder” a meme or do people really get so excited about a game that they preorder months in advance and are ready to press the cancel button the exact moment their is any length of a delay?
No I pre-ordered after the initial reveal and I got hyped. I expected the gameplay to look as good as the reveal video, but now that we have gameplay footage it looks quite underwhelming and I changed my mind. As simple as that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No I pre-ordered after the initial reveal and I got hyped. I expected the gameplay to look as good as the reveal video, but now that we have gameplay footage it looks quite underwhelming and I changed my mind. As simple as that.
Maybe don't rush to pre-order until you see some kind of gameplay, just because you are hype doesn't mean you should immediately pre-oder it.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

cripterion

2021 will be a shit year when it comes to gaming.

Have no interest in anything planned to come out besides crimson desert and this too will miss its release date like a slew of games announced for this year...

As for Returnal it looks mediocre IMO. Kinda surprised Sony is leading with this but I guess it shows they don't have much in the oven to pimp this and that car destruction game...

gow3isben

God of War coming in 2021 everyone.

When frikkin returnal arrives when almost half the year is gone God of War is surely coming 2021

cripterion

These two games saved 2021 for me.....
Monster_hunter_rise_cover.jpg
1chv45sjh3p51.jpg

Yeah I'll get MH Rise for my son and glad it's coming out too. But really feels like slim pickings this year unless something comes out of the fucking blue.

Worse is everyone will have more time at home cause of this fucking virus still keeping us locked up.

Moogle11

Banned
First years of generations always tend to be pretty slow for me, figure this one will be more so with Covid likely having a lot of game development slowed.

That said, I’ve got plenty to play. Lots on Gamepass I’m catching up on after not doing all that much Xbox/PC gaming last gen and things I want to replay like then Halo campaigns before Infinite. Some stuff in the PS+ collection I want to check out like Day’s Gone, going to finally play RDR (loved RDR2, but never got around to the first one back in the day and borrowed it from a friend to play on XSX).

Still some decent new stuff coming out. Kena looks to be good, Ratchet and Clank will definitely make it out, probably Horizon 2 as well and maybe Halo Infinite. BOTW2 seems pretty likely as well, though I wasn’t a huge a fan of the first one as many.

Ma-Yuan

Fuck that. There is nothing worth playing on ps5... That's a Ps5 game right now... Feels like both console lunches suck right now. I mean I played 2 ps5 games and 2 ps4 games on my ps5 so far and it looks like I will mainly play old games through 2021 -_-

bender

What time is it?
Yeah I'll get MH Rise for my son and glad it's coming out too. But really feels like slim pickings this year unless something comes out of the fucking blue.

Worse is everyone will have more time at home cause of this fucking virus still keeping us locked up.

The cavalry is coming.

ss_dd131728f71d872c4ec4db486ebd9d59cd2b8ed9.1920x1080.jpg

Top Bottom