• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal PS5 is only 60 euros on Amazon.it

MrS

Banned
What part don’t you agree with, that the battles look like Nier or the main character looks like a horse?
She looks like a middle-aged woman. Will have no impact on the gameplay so who gives a fuck? For 95% of time spent in the game she'll have her back to you.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
She looks like a middle-aged woman. Will have no impact on the gameplay so who gives a fuck? For 95% of time spent in the game she'll have her back to you.
So, what issue did you have with my post then?

K' Dash

What is fomo?!

In couple of months?

I expect much lower than 30$ in that amount of time. Like 15$ sell on PS+. I didn't buy full priced game for like 20 years.

Don't now what FOMO means, but I didn't buy PS5 yet.

FOMO is fear of missing out.

Fear of missing out is a social anxiety stemming from the belief that others might be having fun while the person experiencing the anxiety is not present. It is characterized by a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing.

Business

I've been looking at topup cards for this, think I can get it for £60 digitally which is like £10 off.
Digital cards from ebay or cdkeys has always been a good system. Sometimes ebay has 5% coupons that make it even a better deal and you get a 50eur card for like 40eur. Having said that this obviously worked before the price hike so you still get a worst deal than before.
Yes I still haven't got over this 80eur pricetag thing

Stuart360

Just put the thought into your head that the game actually releases a month after it does. Then it will probably be like $40, maybe less.

GymWolf

Bro non dargli 60€, aspetta che cali a 29€ nel giro di 1/2 mesi!
Ho fatto solo il preorder nel caso il prezzo si alzi, ho tutto il tempo di disdire se i filmati di gameplay non mi piacciono.

che ti devo dire, io amo il genere roguelite e compro sempre tutto al lancio quando sono interessato, poi da lunedi in sicilia ci rimettono in zona rossa quindi avrò un saaaaaacco di tempo libero...

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nope, people just like pleasing visuals, it's human nature. It's only people that like this new strange religion that want menopausia stricken horses as protagonists. :)

You do get that you're no different than the knobheads that complained over Deacon being "another gruff white guy" in Days Gone right?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
battles kinda look like the fights in Nier with zero art direction.

you should read into what makes or break a games art direction. Or what a bad one means.

blizzard are masters at this (diablo 3)
another very polished one is minecraft.

every asset in the game feels like it belongs in that universe. Nothing really looks out of place.

If you want an example of lack of a good art direction. look into 7 days to die.
game is a total mess.

You could easily state tho that you don't like the look of the returnal. But zero art direction is BS.
mind you that a good art direction does not guarantee it's a good game.
It only proves that the art director of the game did a proper job in keeping the staff of artists in line.

I will be looking closely at this game at launch. Hopefully it will be good.

Last edited:

ToadMan

If you really want to save cash create a PSN account somewhere cheap and buy it there. You can still play it on your main account so you’re not losing trophies or access to friends or whatever.

US is an easy setup and getting US PSN cards is quick and easy and sometimes there’s even a discount on those. I’d also suggest Hong Kong which has English versions and no taxes. Right now this is about €60/£50 there as a preorder.

Oh and DeS, Miles and Sackboy too - are not discounted as yet. Sony are propping up the prices because they know as they’re still selling all the PS5s they can make there are new users buying new games.

If you’re waiting for a sale on this, be ready to settle in for the long haul. Especially if it reviews in the 80+ range.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Nope, people just like pleasing visuals, it's human nature. It's only people that like this new strange religion that want menopausia stricken horses as protagonists. :)
There is in-between between "wanting" and "not wanting" something, it's called "being OK with something".

I suspect most of the people pushing back against the "wUmaN noT HoT eNoUgh!" fall there, rather than "wanting" the protagonist to look like an average middle-age woman.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you really want to save cash create a PSN account somewhere cheap and buy it there. You can still play it on your main account so you’re not losing trophies or access to friends or whatever.

US is an easy setup and getting US PSN cards is quick and easy and sometimes there’s even a discount on those. I’d also suggest Hong Kong which has English versions and no taxes. Right now this is about €60/£50 there as a preorder.

Oh and DeS, Miles and Sackboy too - are not discounted as yet. Sony are propping up the prices because they know as they’re still selling all the PS5s they can make there are new users buying new games.

If you’re waiting for a sale on this, be ready to settle in for the long haul. Especially if it reviews in the 80+ range.

Yeah I use a US account as my main account only. Used an Omani account on PS3 but early on PS4 it was blocked (Oman, Romania, Bahrain and 3 other countries) then made my US account. Also TLOU2, GTA5 (shit game) are forbidden here so it's impossible to buy it digitally, although US physical copies get leaked here anyway.

Returnal is $72 in Oman PS Store, most games have around $1.9 more. Some games and services are cheaper though like PS Plus is $50 here for one year.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

you should read into what makes or break a games art direction. Or what a bad one means.

blizzard are masters at this (diablo 3)
another very polished one is minecraft.

every asset in the game feels like it belongs in that universe. Nothing really looks out of place.

If you want an example of lack of a good art direction. look into 7 days to die.
game is a total mess.

You could easily state tho that you don't like the look of the returnal. But zero art direction is BS.
mind you that a good art direction does now guarantee it's a good game.
It only proofs that the art director of the game did a proper job in keeping the staff of artists in line.

I will be looking closely at this game at launch. Hopefully it will be good.

edited it to say bad and not zero. Looking forward to Mrs Ed flight of fancy later this month.

xShaun

I'm really holding back on the swear words and caps lock right now.

How in the HECK is this game going for 60? Now I put this game on the same radar as the medium and therefore to me its worth 20-30 MAX. How is this 60!?!? My word!

Dr Kaneda

It's more that people are sane enough to not let the appearance of imaginary, not real, factious, bunch of 1s and 0s, video game character impact their enjoyment of the GAME part of a VIDEO GAME. Or do you run out of supermarkets in fits of tears and rage and refuse to have your items rung up when you cashier looks like a menopause stricken horse?

If your avenues for wanting to be "pleased" by the "visuals" of a women are video games then your life is pretty pathetic. How do you cope when the protagonist is a man? Or a furry animal? But I suspect if your looking to video games to coom over then that means your pretty much into all sorts of freaky stuff.

Raonak

Banned

Do you only play games with pretty guys and girls? 😂

Well, I guess there's a troubling subset of neogaf who care more about the attractiveness of the characters than about the actual quality of a game.

I mean shit, I'm playing oddworld Soulstorm right now and loving it, and the characters of the game all look disturbing as fuck.

Are you one of those people who hate MGS4 because snake is old? You know that game is amazing, you should try it one time.

Last edited:

dDoc

Most gaffers hating on this game before it even launches appear to be xbotters.

Having said that I wouldnt buy this for eur 60.

Azurro

Banned
Do you only play games with pretty guys and girls? 😂

Well, I guess there's a troubling subset of neogaf who care more about the attractiveness of the characters than about the actual quality of a game.

I mean shit, I'm playing oddworld Soulstorm right now and loving it, and the characters of the game all look disturbing as fuck.

Are you one of those people who hate MGS4 because snake is old? You know that game is amazing, you should try it one time.

Well, I only play games with characters I find interesting/cool. Old Snake is a cool design, even if I wasn't a fan of making him old. Angry menopausic Karen horse, on the other hand, isn't a good design.

I mean, if you enjoy it, good for you, but it's not the kind of thing I enjoy, at least not for full price.

Azurro

Banned
It's more that people are sane enough to not let the appearance of imaginary, not real, factious, bunch of 1s and 0s, video game character impact their enjoyment of the GAME part of a VIDEO GAME. Or do you run out of supermarkets in fits of tears and rage and refuse to have your items rung up when you cashier looks like a menopause stricken horse?

If your avenues for wanting to be "pleased" by the "visuals" of a women are video games then your life is pretty pathetic. How do you cope when the protagonist is a man? Or a furry animal? But I suspect if your looking to video games to coom over then that means your pretty much into all sorts of freaky stuff.

Am I paying for a videogame? Yes or no? Since I'm paying for a videogame, I think I'm entitled to the kind of experience I'd like to have. It has no relation to anything sexual, I want pleasing visuals. I mean, if middle aged angry Karens are what you like to see as protagonists, then I'm glad for you.

However, let's not cheapen morality and pretend that consuming a videogame with horseface makes you a better person. Someone who holds their entire morality to the type of media they consume are the ones that must have an incredibly empty and dull existence, morality is much more complex than that.

Pedro Motta

Am I paying for a videogame? Yes or no? Since I'm paying for a videogame, I think I'm entitled to the kind of experience I'd like to have. It has no relation to anything sexual, I want pleasing visuals. I mean, if middle aged angry Karens are what you like to see as protagonists, then I'm glad for you.

However, let's not cheapen morality and pretend that consuming a videogame with horseface makes you a better person. Someone who holds their entire morality to the type of media they consume are the ones that must have an incredibly empty and dull existence, morality is much more complex than that.
Do you really think this is how it works with videogames? You think you're buying furniture for your living room? You don't "get what you want" because you're paying. But let me tell you a secret, if you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT, it's that simple. Move on man, that hate is killing you.

ToadMan

I'm really holding back on the swear words and caps lock right now.

How in the HECK is this game going for 60? Now I put this game on the same radar as the medium and therefore to me its worth 20-30 MAX. How is this 60!?!? My word!

Why would you put this on the same level as medium?

I simply don’t get that. 🤷‍♂️ I can see zero parallels or correlations between this game and the medium.

Anyway that’s your misunderstanding so take steps to rectify it for yourself. 👍

ToadMan

Since I'm paying for a videogame, I think I'm entitled to the kind of experience I'd like to have

Absolutely right - you are entitled to use your money to purchase a product that meets your needs. And there are a gazillion other games you may have that experience so go enjoy them.

This thread though is about returnal - a game you cannot enjoy - so don’t waste a single second of your life not enjoying it.

Matt_Fox

"Sorry madam, it appears your husband preordered a game called Returnal, I'm going to have to take that sofa..."

ccOlybZ.jpg

Random Q, but is the way PS and Xbox handle different regional purchases different?

I recently bought Diablo from Eneba Argentina store as it was £5 vs £20. I only needed to redeem the key via MS store and just use an Argentina VPN. I didn't need to create another account in South America.

Is this not how PS does it? Is it not possible to redeem a different regions keys on your main account via a VPN.... You have to create a regional account?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
"Sorry madam, it appears your husband preordered a game called Returnal, I'm going to have to take that sofa..."

ccOlybZ.jpg

This is like seeing a rich guy with a Ferrari and say that I would've bought a house instead. Well, I doubt he's living in a tent.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Random Q, but is the way PS and Xbox handle different regional purchases different?

I recently bought Diablo from Eneba Argentina store as it was £5 vs £20. I only needed to redeem the key via MS store and just use an Argentina VPN. I didn't need to create another account in South America.

Is this not how PS does it? Is it not possible to redeem a different regions keys on your main account via a VPN.... You have to create a regional account?

I use a US account without VPN, so each has its pros and cons, at least you won't need to pay extra for VPN or get your speed hammered by wankers.

I buy PSN cards from Amazon and redeem without without VPN.

Azurro

Banned
Do you really think this is how it works with videogames? You think you're buying furniture for your living room? You don't "get what you want" because you're paying. But let me tell you a secret, if you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT, it's that simple. Move on man, that hate is killing you.

You greatly overestimate how much energy I spend thinking about this game. I pretty much reply just to expand my ideas and why I'm entitled to express my opinion and its foundation.

Further, given that a significant part of Returnal's marketing seems to be woke representation of middle aged Karens, then it's a fair talking point I feel since that's what they are putting front and center.

What actually drives my curiosity is the equation of "I buy a game with a weird protagonist, therefore I am a better person" that is the underlying point of the people that reply to me.

But fair enough, I've expressed my point of view, and you are entitled to feeling like you accomplished one of the most important things in your life by buying a game with an unpleasant looking protagonist. Good for you buddy. :)

Top Bottom