• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez Infinite - Release Date Trailer | PS5 & PS VR2 Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Coming to PS5/PS VR2 on February 22, 2023.

Prepare yourself for the ultimate version of Rez, a thrilling journey of sights, sounds and shooting action. Experience 360 degrees of mind-blowing synesthesia as you blast your way through waves of enemies and massive transforming bosses, with your every move triggering colors and sounds that sync and blend to the beat of Rez’s legendary techno soundtrack.

Enhanced Soundscapes and Visuals
- Maxed-out to razor-sharp 4K resolution, silky-smooth 60 frames per second motion, and full 5.1/7.1 surround sound support on PS5 for what’s widely acknowledged as one of the greatest gaming soundtracks ever made. Next-gen resolution of 2000x2040 per eye, running in smooth 120fps with full 3D audio for Area X's incredible music and sound effects on PS VR2.

The Ultimate Package
- Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and the widely acclaimed free-flying experience Area X made with VR in mind.

Whether you choose to play on TV or optionally in fully immersive VR, here are the new features exclusive to PS5 and PS VR2.

Eye Tracking
- For the first time, PS VR2's eye-tracking technology allows you to track and aim at enemies using just your eyes.

Enhanced Haptic Feedback
- The dynamic haptics of both the DualSense controller and the PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers make Rez Infinite an even more tactile experience than ever before. From locking onto enemies in Rez to accelerating through Area X, haptic vibrations truly bring the action to life.

PS VR2 Headset Feedback
- In addition to the vibrations of the PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers, players will also feel subtle haptics in their PS VR2 headsets for a deeper, more physical sensory experience.

HDR Rez
- HDR comes to Rez Infinite for the first time on PS5.

Transfer save data from the PS4 version to PS5
- Download and transfer your PS4 save data to the PS5 using cloud or extended storage or connect to the same network and transfer data directly from PS4 to PS5.

Rez Infinite includes the remastered version of the beloved psychedelic rail-shooter adventure Rez, originally released in 2001 by Sega, as well as the all-new, free-movement shooting-adventure pseudo-sequel-stage, Area X.

Ezekiel_

Banned
naked orgasm GIF

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is this a full VR conversion? I recall people saying that before it was only really the final level or something that was added to take full advantage of VR.

I'm I wrong on that?

Markio128

Is this a full VR conversion? I recall people saying that before it was only really the final level or something that was added to take full advantage of VR.

I'm I wrong on that?
It was all in VR, they just added a new area for the benefit of the VR release that allowed more freedom than the regular linear levels - and it‘s a corker as well.

Kuranghi

I'm I wrong on that?

I was wondering the same, I'll still get a PSVR2 to play it if the eye tracking aiming is in the original (remastered) levels, but I think the answer of whether its full 360 on the original levels is no unfortunately going by the wording. Just Area X seems to have that, I think its too much work to make the original levels be playable in full 360, it probably culls most things away once you go past it unless its one of the small amount of time when it flips 180 and the guy glides backwards while you shoot. Area X was always fully controllable even a flatscreen with controller/m&kb so its not as big a job to get it working in VR.

Prepare yourself for the ultimate version of Rez, a thrilling journey of sights, sounds and shooting action. Experience 360 degrees of mind-blowing synesthesia as you blast your way through waves of enemies and massive transforming bosses, with your every move triggering colors and sounds that sync and blend to the beat of Rez’s legendary techno soundtrack.

The Ultimate Package
- Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and the widely acclaimed free-flying experience Area X made with VR in mind.

This is also making me want to finally buy the Rez Infinite vinyl, the special gold sleeve, picture disc version thats like hundreds for a sealed copy:

Old Man Yes GIF by Fleischer Studios
Season 8 Choice GIF by THE NEXT STEP
fox choose GIF by Paradise Hotel

Kuranghi

It was all in VR, they just added a new area for the benefit of the VR release that allowed more freedom than the regular linear levels - and it‘s a corker as well.

Damn I posted too soon maybe. So in the PS4/PC release you see a proper 360 view in the original levels and not just a flat screen floating in front of you or it being fixed to where you're looking?

Markio128

Damn I posted too soon maybe. So in the PS4/PC release you see a proper 360 view in the original levels and not just a flat screen floating in front of you or it being fixed to where you're looking?
Yep. The camera still flicks 90 degrees just like in the original when you turn with the controller, but you can essentially look all around you in a VR space.

Last edited:
Top Bottom