• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RGT: Playstation 5 Pro Is COMING - PS5 Pro Performance, Ray Tracing Innovations, Release Date & Specs

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

In this EXCLUSIVE, we discuss our info on the Playstation 5 Pro. We have tons of info on the PS5 Pro mid gen console upgrade, including the PS5 Pro performance, ray tracing innovations, release date and specs. With the PS5 next gen console a HUGE improvement in hardware specifications, gaming performance and features such as ray tracing, what improvements could we expect for the Playstation 5 Pro? There are numerous elements that could be improved, such as the APU (or GPU and CPU if you prefer), improvements to the architecture and of course a new process from TSMC.

We discuss the PS5 Pro specs, the performance improvements for both gaming and ray tracing, the expected release date for the Playstation 5 Pro and more. But what about Microsoft? Will they also be answering with their own improved Xbox Series X?

Its 100% coming and if you believe the whispers they already have working units with target specs and no I didn't click this guys videos.

I posted last week on Twitter these rumors would kick into high gear this week

Get ready for more

The whispers believe this is being built for enthusiasts and will be more expensive then current console prices

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

How in the world does this make any sense when I still can't walk into a store and buy a regular PS5? Also, it's only been a year in. Can the technology really be that much better, particularly with all these chips shortages? The PS5 still lot has a lot to exploit with its capabilities.

I call BS. If anything, we'll see pro versions in like 2 years maybe.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Im not giving them the ad revenue, i need a tldr. Also, there is no need for the ps5 pro. The main reason behind the ps4 pro was because 4k screens prolifferated faster than anyone thought they would, and sony didnt want to have low res games on high res screens. The ps5 is already perfectly suited to 4k screens, and i dont think 8k will catch on

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How in the world does this make any sense when I still can't walk into a store and buy a regular PS5? Also, it's only been a year in. Can the technology really be that much better, particularly with all these chips shortages? The PS5 still lot has a lot to exploit with its capabilities.

I call BS. If anything, we'll see pro versions in like 2 years maybe.
If the 7nm chips are all taken, it makes sense to get new contracts on smaller 5nm chips. They might be more expensive but clearly the consumer is willing to pay extra so why not have it as a more expensive alternative. It will only increase availability.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This guy is a straight up doofus for this. Working for those clicks….nope, not gonna happen. You really think Sony is even pushing for a pro console right now with all this shit? Sure let’s make a bigger APU that’s even harder to manufacture, takes up more space and yields less.

do these guys think before they make this “content” stuff?

Last edited:
Shortages will probably push out anything but reducing the internals.
Lol if you think that because they’re having shortages that cerny goes on an extended vacation till the shortage ends? They’re still working and innovating also they have to be where technology is not sitting around waiting I’m sure if the plan was to bring out a pro version Mid gen it probably will happen when it’s supposed to.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
At this point the current PS5 would be harder to make (esp in 1.5 years if you know whats happening fab wise) than a Pro Model would given the current situation

A pro or slim with minor upgrades would be a good idea anything to get that ugly system away from the public consciousness ugh

Trogdor1123

I’d be ok if they actually posted some meaningful content in the thread instead of just trying to get views

Last edited:
I really doubt there is a PS5 Pro coming this soon. Why would Sony even think about it when the PS5 for most people technically doesn’t even exist yet? Wouldn’t that also sort of screw over the early adopters? Unless it’s easier to manufacture which I highly doubt, I’ll say 3 years tops if it ever does happen.

Editaur

I will end up getting a PS5 pro eventually but I would rather just have the same console with dedicated hardware for backwards compatibility.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I'm not even sure that 5nm is good enough to make a ps5 pro at a reasonable(affordable) die size, that is assuming Sony would want significantly better raytracing performance.

Top Bottom