• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RGT: Playstation 5 Pro Is COMING - PS5 Pro Performance, Ray Tracing Innovations, Release Date & Specs

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

Go Do It GIF by Saturday Night Live

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
why? What more can ps5 pro can offer? Just a slight bump.
I hate the idea of Pro consoles... More market segregation, less focus on base consoles and feeling of being left behind because I got ps5 on release.
And the worst - I always loved the comfortable feeling "ok, I got the console. now let the 5-10 years gen unfold".
I would be all in for slim models but not pro

PS5 Pro is not happening any time soon for various reasons.
However I can easily see some slim edition of PS5 with new manufacturing.

vpance

When those anticipated UE5 games drop you'll be able to run them at 60 FPS on Pro I guess. Everything else, 120hz support. Meh

PS5P can only have 4608 shading units (2x 2304 in PS5) because of BC reasons. That's exactly 6800XT specs and I will be surprised if PS5P GPU will be much faster than this GPU (maybe RT performance will be improved).

Last edited:
Damn, so we would have:
PS5/PS5 Digital
PS5 Pro/PS5 Pro Digital (maybe?)
Xbox Series S
Xbox Series SX
Xbox Series X
Xbox Series XX

Now we know why MS is buying publishers, they want to ensure they will keep supporting the 4 Xbox's SKUs, lol, JK. But I just hope having to optimize a game for 6 consoles + PC won't cause delays and stuff like that.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Damn the new SSD.

at best the PS5 pro ssd might run at 7.1GB/s.

by the time any PS5 Pros come out we'll have SSD's that can do 14.2GB/s and no you won't be able to buy one to put in your PS5 Pro. well, nothing is stopping you but it'll run at 7.1GB/s unless Sony move over to PCIE 5.0 which i doubt will happen.

Shmunter

Xbox already have a base and a pro console. There would be 4 Xbox’s to target now?

With chip shortages, more complex chips are coming when more basic silicone is not meeting demand? 🧐

It's going to happen for sure, rumor or not, the ps5 and Series x are going to start looking really underpowered when the next generation of graphics cards come out. Next, imagine the end of '24 when the 5080 rtx line of cards is about to be released ...

Justin9mm

People will do anything to get views and exposure.. I could make a youtube vid stating that Sony will be planning development of the PS6 sometime in the near future. This person is a moron.

Sanepar

What is the point of the PS5 Pro when every game is still crossgen

I'd rather Sony design a PS5 Slim because current system looks horrible.
There will be no cross gen games in 2024 and then u will see how weak ps5 is.

In 2024 we will be going to rdna4, probably a 8600 xt will be capable of 30tflops or more for less than 200w.

There will be no cross gen games in 2024 and then u will see how weak ps5 is.

In 2024 we will be going to rdna4, probably a 8600 xt will be capable of 30tflops or more for less than 200w.

30 tflops is too low, but then again how many RDNA3, RDNA 2, TFLOPS = 1 RDNA 4, TFlops?

Last edited:

ultrazilla

This insider wannabe Walter White has 160 followers. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I'm sure he's legit and has a great track record with all these "insider leaks".

Seriously, did anyone *NOT* think we'd eventually see "Pro" versions of the PS5, Series X/S?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This insider wannabe Walter White has 160 followers. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I'm sure he's legit and has a great track record with all these "insider leaks".

Seriously, did anyone *NOT* think we'd eventually see "Pro" versions of the PS5, Series X/S?
lol I am not remotely an insider wannabe

I hear things from certain people that I share but most stuff I do not

Feel free to mute me on Twitter and here if you like

Top Bottom