• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RGT: Playstation 5 Pro Is COMING - PS5 Pro Performance, Ray Tracing Innovations, Release Date & Specs

Haggard

Banned
I don’t want more option. I don’t want it to become money sucking pc gaming!!!
List consoles be fkn consoles
"Mom! Kevin's game looks a bit better on his Pro console, now I hate my base model and my life is ruined "

If you have issues with options no one forces on you, then you just made said issues up.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Surely the base model isn't so weak that a Pro model is needed??
Its not weak atm, but in 2 years stuff will look different, tech doesnt stop once console launches, u get access to better/faster(and usually more expensive one), and there is tons of enthusiast on the console side, think ppl who would buy 1k$ or even pricier graphics card but for one or the other reason dont like PC market(or like myself just buy everything, consoles and strong PC too;p).
And where is the demand+ realistic option to meet it, not to mention opportunity for making srs cash... ;D

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
"Mom! Kevin's game looks a bit better on his Pro console, now I hate my base model and my life is ruined "

If you have issues with options no one forces on you, then you just made said issues up.
You don’t understand any of what I said

Haggard

Banned
You don’t understand any of what I said
Because you don't make any sense at all. Options are always good as long as they are actually optional.
If something like Pro-exclusives were a thing you'd have a point, but that's not the case.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Because you don't make any sense at all. Options are always good as long as they are actually optional.
If something like Pro-exclusives we're a thing you'd have a point, but that's not the case.
then get a pc and shut up.
I don’t want to change a console every few years. Let alone every year

Haggard

Banned
then get a pc and shut up.
I don’t want to change a console every few years. Let alone every year
And who exactly would force you to? Please elaborate how the sheer existence of stronger models would FORCE you to upgrade all the time despite all games being compatible with all models.....

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And who exactly would force you to? Please elaborate how the sheer existence of stronger models would FORCE you to upgrade all the time despite all games being compatible with all models.....
Being left behind. Consoles are the only gaming place where that does not happen. Except for stupid pro consoles.
And what would developers make games for? Console that came out now? Last year or 2 years ago?
I don’t want my console to age like my pc year on year.
Strength of consoles is that devs are able to create more and more impressive games on the same hardware.

Changing consoles into pc would ruin gaming. Make it more expensive, miserable and slow down games growth.

You are a fool to wish for consoles to become pcs.

Haggard

Banned
Being left behind. Consoles are the only gaming place where that does not happen. Except for stupid pro consoles.
And what would developers make games for? Console that came out now? Last year or 2 years ago?
I don’t want my console to age like my pc year on year.
Strength of consoles is that devs are able to create more and more impressive games on the same hardware.

Changing consoles into pc would ruin gaming. Make it more expensive, miserable and slow down games growth.

You are a fool to wish for consoles to become pcs.
The generational character of consoles has never been questioned, never, the PC comparison is therefore nonsense.
Pro consoles are just that, stronger versions of the current console gen, just like it has been with the last Pro models. So again: as long as there is nothing like "Pro exclusives" you have no argument.

And the "being left behind....not wanting to age" .....That's just you blaming the world for you lacking impulse control aka "FOMO".
As long as full compatibility of all games is a given none of the issues you describe actually exist outside your head.
So my question is still the same:
Who would actually force you to buy a pro console when all games run on all consoles?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The generational character of consoles has never been questioned, never, the PC comparison is therefore nonsense.
Pro consoles are just that, stronger versions of the current console gen, just like it has been with the last Pro models. So again: as long as there is nothing like "Pro exclusives" you have no argument.

And the "being left behind....not wanting to age" .....That's just you blaming the world for you lacking impulse control aka "FOMO".
As long as full compatibility of all games is a given none of the issues you describe actually exist outside your head.
So my question is still the same:
Who would actually force you to buy a pro console when all games run on all consoles?
Then keep playing on Xbox one. Everything runs on it. Why get series x

THE:MILKMAN

It is very likely both Sony and MS do mid-gen bumps again I guess, but I would rather they shrink, slim and reduce price of the current consoles and meet demand with stock. Let devs breath and max out these consoles for a few years without mid-gen distractions!

Then they can enjoy a full gen leap with PS6/XSXX a bit earlier in 2025/26.

Filben

and 4K looks incredible.
It does but I think we might transition past raw pixel count with DLSS 2 and FSR 2.

It's similar to MSAA or even SSAA back in the day. It was a brute force method to improve on aliasing, then there was FXAA/SMAA as a cheap and almost free solution with better results than no AA at all. Then there was TAA with few performance costs but a big improvement over FXAA and MSAA because it also tackled texture shimmering and edge flicker at the cost of some sharpness. Pushing more pixels also help and of course improve perceived sharpness at a given distance-screen-size-ratio. But DLSS and FSR both imply better solutions to the issue.

While GPU power increases somewhat proportional with number of pixels, tech and budget does not necessarily. It will always be a trade off when new graphics tech (like RT) is around the corner and developers pursu this instead resolution will always be left behind somewhat.

Yes, 4k looks amazing but the power to get there is huge. For a little bit of sharpness and detail you'll sacrifice performance tremendously. I think ultra high resolution if you got spare power and performance but they should focus on more efficient tech to solve issues that pure pixel numbers do very inefficiently.

Haggard

Banned
oh my god... nevermind... you win
I dont have mental strength to listen to your condescending speeches
It just sounds condescending in your head because your own argument is so incredibly nonexistent that it must sound stupid even when you say it yourself.
"Options bad! Because MUST have the newest shiny! Always!"

Guess I'll never get an answer what kind of imaginary baddies would force you to buy a pro console and how.....

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
It does but I think we might transition past raw pixel count with DLSS 2 and FSR 2.

It's similar to MSAA or even SSAA back in the day. It was a brute force method to improve on aliasing, then there was FXAA/SMAA as a cheap and almost free solution with better results than no AA at all. Then there was TAA with few performance costs but a big improvement over FXAA and MSAA because it also tackled texture shimmering and edge flicker at the cost of some sharpness. Pushing more pixels also help and of course improve perceived sharpness at a given distance-screen-size-ratio. But DLSS and FSR both imply better solutions to the issue.

While GPU power increases somewhat proportional with number of pixels, tech and budget does not necessarily. It will always be a trade off when new graphics tech (like RT) is around the corner and developers pursu this instead resolution will always be left behind somewhat.

Yes, 4k looks amazing but the power to get there is huge. For a little bit of sharpness and detail you'll sacrifice performance tremendously. I think ultra high resolution if you got spare power and performance but they should focus on more efficient tech to solve issues that pure pixel numbers do very inefficiently.
If every game had DLSS, I'd be more than happy to play 4K Quality/Balanced mode over native 4K

But it is not universal.

Filben

But it is not universal.
That's true but it will most certainly be in more and more games.

It's probably not ever gonna be as universal as 'resolution' but for those instances I wouldn't want to invest like thousand EUR just to have that. There's always a compromise if you're not throwing endless money into the pot.

solidus12

He also said that MGS collection was going to be remastered on PS5.

Him and Moore’s law is dead are not reliable.

Top Bottom