• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Dawkins releases Christopher Hitchens’ last interview raw audio

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
It was really nice to be able to listen to something new from Hitchens, even if it was largely a recap of the greatest hits. Part of the sadness of him being gone is never getting to hear his thoughts on current world events. It’s like he said about death, it’s not that the party is over, the party keeps going it’s just that he had to leave. I miss him.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It was really nice to be able to listen to something new from Hitchens, even if it was largely a recap of the greatest hits. Part of the sadness of him being gone is never getting to hear his thoughts on current world events. It’s like he said about death, it’s not that the party is over, the party keeps going it’s just that he had to leave. I miss him.
True. What I'd like to ask him the most is if he thinks the hawkish foreign policy he supported to try to liberalize and democratize the Middle East was worth it in the end.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
True. What I'd like to ask him the most is if he thinks the hawkish foreign policy he supported to try to liberalize and democratize the Middle East was worth it in the end.
For sure. He made a compelling case against Saddam and for helping the Kurdish people, but the results of world policing compared to cost of lives and dollars seem pretty underwhelming.

Top Bottom