• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riders Republic - Deep Dive Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get ready to join the madness! Game releases on 2nd September 2021. Register now for a chance to play in upcoming betas!
Learn more about the intense world of Riders Republic with this new gameplay trailer. Grab your skis, snowboard, bike, or wingsuit and explore an open world sports paradise where the rules are yours to make—or break.

Register here for a chance to play in upcoming betas and receive the latest news: https://register.ubisoft.com/riders...altcode=brand_C2W_SMO_other___RR____&addinfo=

Stay tuned for future updates!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Looks like good clean fun, simple but effective.

I really liked Steep but it got boring pretty fast because there wasn't really a whole lot to do. This looks like a natural evolution of the idea. Very nice.
And it's a very fun game to play it.

cripterion

On the reserve for this until I get to try it. The snowboard segment looked quite bad, motion was all kinds of bad.

On the flip side 64 player races seems like mayhem fun.

If they get the controls/gameplay down and improve the sense of speed it could be enjoyable.

Funny thing this is the most interesting thing they have on their lineup.

anthony2690

Banned
This looks insanely fun!
Honestly so many games I want to play this year, and xbox hasn't even even had their show yet, showing what is coming this year.

Whilst the launch line up wasn't the best, I think the first year line up off games is already the best ever in my eyes.

Buggy Loop

Interesting, had a ton of fun with Steep, while short lived, the idea is good. This is bringing the idea and adds a ton of sports on top of it. Biking in the mountains looks really fun.

CamHostage

They missed a chance to bring it to Switch (I have a hard time booting a game on the entertainment center just to mess around with it these days, although that's mostly because my TV and gear takes so long to start up, the console now are nearly as fast as my DS/PSP/3DS/PSV when I started buying only story-based or online games on my console.) Otherwise, looks like fun. Some dumb shit, and probably it's got its share of MTX, but these types of games are rare on the market these days.

wipeout364

I like the idea but something about the art style of the racers in the ads just completely turns me off. Can’t quite put my finger on what it is but it seems off. The environments look great though so I am still interested but will definitely be waiting on reviews.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I've been starving for a game like this for a while now.

They just have to add one small unrealistic thing and it will be perfect: detachable snowboards for crazier tricks

Hoj2KSh.gif

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The aesthetic mixed with the heavy social aspect will prevent me from playing this game. A shame, because I wanted to do some downhill biking without the risk of crashing out. ;)

And yes, I give Steep a chance in the past, but I ended up disliking the game.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'll give it a try, why not.

Do you think this was how it always was going to play? Or they basically rejigged the whole design based on Fall Guys success? It seems really similar.

SJRB

Gold Member
The aesthetic mixed with the heavy social aspect will prevent me from playing this game. A shame, because I wanted to do some downhill biking without the risk of crashing out. ;)

And yes, I give Steep a chance in the past, but I ended up disliking the game.

Yeah the social stuff is a risk for sure. If it's anything like Steep in that regard they're really, REALLY gonna cram that social aspect down your throat.

You're gonna connect and play with/against other people wether you want to or not.

Last edited:

Larxia

Yeah the social stuff is a risk for sure. If it's anything like Steep in that regard they're really, REALLY gonna cram that social aspect down your throat.

You're gonna connect and play with/against other people wether you want to or not.
It's super dumb because the social thing is actually bullshit, it's all about being "social", but you can't even chat, there's not even a simple text chat on PC or anything, so you're just there doing dumb emotes and dances with no way of talking with other players... yeah, that's social for sure.

Also about people saying this looks more like THPS / SSX, you should really lower your expectation, given how "social", friendly, casual it wants to be, I'm pretty sure it won't have much depth in its gameplay and like Steep, the scoring will be pretty random without much skills being involved. Someone with 10 hours in Steep will basically have the same level as someone with 150 hours.

I did like Steep for its atmosphere though, it was relaxing and there really was something about exploring these giant mountains, even just walking around in some places, alone, like if you were doing some hiking, was nice. But the gameplay, the depth, the scoring, was extremely lacking, there really wasn't anything to master and it was just for some random quick fun, but nothing else, which, as a SSX / Tony Hawk fan, is something I don't really like, because it gives no reason to play it on long term, and it's really not as fun.

That's why I think Riders Republic will be similar, it will be for some quick instant fun, but if you actually want to really play the game, there won't be much depth to it and you will quickly get bored. And like some people say, I fear that Riders Republic might not have that relaxing / pure feeling that Steep had for it, which was its best thing, here it seems more about "hype hype cool hype", so we'll see.

Not saying it will be "bad", but I'm sure it will be lacking if you expect too much.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Riders Republic Beta will be available from August 23 to August 25 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC on both Ubisoft Connect and the Epic Games Launcher. Check out the trailer for the upcoming game.

The Riders Republic Beta will give players a first glimpse of 3 careers, such as Bike Races, Snow Tricks, and Air Sports (Rocketwing and Wingsuit). Players can also compete in multiplayer modes including mass races, free for all, and more.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Pre-order Riders Republic now to get the Bunny Pack! Includes a custom bunny outfit, cute bunny head and rainbow snowboard paint.

Jump into Riders Republic massive multiplayer playground! Available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Playstation®5 system, PlayStation®4 system, Windows PC, Stadia.

Stay tuned for future updates!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After numerous delays and a recent beta, Riders Republic will be rolling out to Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, PC and Google Stadia on October 28th worldwide. Developed by Ubisoft Annecy of Steep fame, it's looking to combine all kinds of extreme sports into one giant smorgasbord of fun. Let's take a look at 15 things you should know before jumping in.

Top Bottom