• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riftbreaker released today

Kenpachii

Also available on gamepass, not sure if its on PS5 so can't confirm that.

On steam however its 10% off for a few days.

The game is basically a massive base building RTS with fighting waves of enemy's.

• It has Raytrace shadows and FSR and looks absolutely amazing.
  • U constantly upgrade your base and make it bigger, lots of defense solutions, huge research tree and big maps to explore.
  • Has a campaign which is i think automatic generated for the most part which makes no campaign the same, but still has story fixed points on maps.
  • It has a survival mode also.
  • Really well optimized for old and new hardware even at huge basisses.
  • U have a hero character that can explore and fight big enemy's on the map to find more resources and new tech, but also u can gear it with new weapons etc.
All with all great game, played it for 4 hours so far and its good.

Final wave rip :/

c692c5f94d21b9e766ca6c27096084ed.gif

Last edited:

JaksGhost

PS5 version released today as well according to the September blog post

Here is a Q&A they recently did that lays out some of the features and PC/Next-Gen Console settings

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Is that slowed down or the actual framerate? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I got some very meh performance during my time with the demo so that's the major thing keeping me from buying it atm.

Old demo build but even in that gif it was still 70 fps somehow the gif makes it look slow.

The game is pretty much 100+ fps always in the real game, with a base 30x the size of that.

Not sure if the main game will slow the game down if taxation gets to real like in billions tho. yet have to get stomped by the end wave because i am stalling and turtling :p.

Here is 4 hours of gameplay with me stalling the objective so i could build a bit more as i want to get the building under control so not much going on, but performance is really good.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
It is available on Playstation. I just checked it. I'm really tempted since i love the look of this and like the premise.

Will watch some reviews first.

manfestival

What is your performance like with FSR turned off? Just trying to see how optimized the game is natively since any tech like DLSS and FSR have an impact on the IQ.

Catphish

Looks interesting. I wonder how it will play with a controller though.
I played a little last night. Tried it both ways. For moving and aiming the mech, I prefer controller, because then it plays like a twin-stick shooter, which is pretty dope. However, for selecting build locations and navigating the build menus, I preferred keyboard.

Ultimately, I settled on keyboard.

You can do both simultaneously, but that's not entirely practical.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I played a little last night. Tried it both ways. For moving and aiming the mech, I prefer controller, because then it plays like a twin-stick shooter, which is pretty dope. However, for selecting build locations and navigating the build menus, I preferred keyboard.

Ultimately, I settled on keyboard.

You can do both simultaneously, but that's not entirely practical.
Is base building doable with a controller?

Catphish

Is base building doable with a controller?
It is, but the movement of the build piece preview you're looking to drop is much slower than it is with mouse. There may be a way to speed it up in the options, but I don't know that for certain. I think it is doable, yes, but less efficient.

Rikkori

I wish I could do something about the vsync, it needs triple buffering, right now if I turn it on it's a stutter nightmare. Fun game though, been anticipating its release ever since the first showcase by AMD, they did a great job! Plus performance is stellar even with raytracing at ultra, and FSR UQ looks damn near native too. Fantastic job by the devs!

ultrazilla

Also available on gamepass, not sure if its on PS5 so can't confirm that.

On steam however its 10% off for a few days.

The game is basically a massive base building RTS with fighting waves of enemy's.

• It has Raytrace shadows and FSR and looks absolutely amazing.
  • U constantly upgrade your base and make it bigger, lots of defense solutions, huge research tree and big maps to explore.
  • Has a campaign which is i think automatic generated for the most part which makes no campaign the same, but still has story fixed points on maps.
  • It has a survival mode also.
  • Really well optimized for old and new hardware even at huge basisses.
  • U have a hero character that can explore and fight big enemy's on the map to find more resources and new tech, but also u can gear it with new weapons etc.
All with all great game, played it for 4 hours so far and its good.

Final wave rip :/

c692c5f94d21b9e766ca6c27096084ed.gif

Love, love, love RTS games! Been eagerly waiting for this one. My wallet is smoking hot right now with all these releases!

Pull n Pray

Banned
I've been playing this game all afternoon and having a blast. Plays fine on a controller once you get used to the building mechanics (I kept wanting to use D-pad instead of LB/RB).

PS5 version released today as well according to the September blog post

Here is a Q&A they recently did that lays out some of the features and PC/Next-Gen Console settings

Damn ..it doesn't have RT ambient occlusion on console. Shadows only. They did say they might patch it in after further optimizations. Also, is using FSR on both next gen machines.

This is really good, hadn’t really heard of it until it popped up on Gamepass.

I think I’ll switch to PC though - while it’s definitely playable with a controller, it would definitely be smoother to play with KB&M I feel.

Inviusx

A local multiplayer option would have secured my purchase. I could potentially see then doing that as a post launch update.

Played the tutorial (XSX GP), and was really impressed when the final wave hit with its hundreds of units and explosions and shit everywhere and it still ran smoothly. Gonna keep playing.

Nice, my next game to checkout. Ascent hopefully prepared me for twin stick glory. I'm a bit rusty on RTS side of things but I like the rift/based idea in the trailer. Awesome to see cool titles like this on Gamepass right away too.

Last edited:

Jennings

I ended up not downloading the game on Gamepass. A year ago when I heard about the game it was coming to Xbox One, apparently that's no longer the case and my Xbox One X won't run it.

KaiserBecks

Just wanted to give this game a try….ended up playing for 5 hours straight. Discovered it through gamepass but will buy a copy. This game is so much fun and it‘s only €30! Hope it gets some buzz.

Reactions: Isa

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The relative silence around this game (from forums and gaming press, not from in game players as the game is doing very well on STEAM, along with other indie releases like INSCRYPTION) has me convinced that some of those in the gaming press are talking out of the side of their mouthes when it comes to criticisms of the "same old" status of gaming releases.
Looks interesting. I wonder how it will play with a controller though.

Fantastically. A majority (the great majority) of the game is a twin-stick shooter.

winjer

Gold Member
Seems like it's a success for the studio

200 000 Riftbreakers and counting...

Hello Riftbreakers!

The week from releasing The Riftbreaker has been a ground breaking and humbling experience for our small studio. More than two hundred thousand Riftbreakers decided to purchase the game and jump through the portal to Galatea 37. Thank you for supporting us!

This number has by far surpassed our expectations and will allow us to continue supporting and expanding the game with new features and content. The feedback that we've been receiving from all of you has been incredible and will help us shape the game for the better during the weeks and months to come.

We are currently working hard to address all of the issues that are being reported through all of our communication channels. Aside from the necessary fixes we are also working on a number of quality of life improvements including new ways of quickly repairing/upgrading large numbers of buildings, better weather event balancing, improved Hard and Brutal Campaign mode balancing and more. Our artists have already started work on a completely new biome that will surprise you with new creatures and gameplay mechanics.

Last, but not least, we can confirm that we are starting work on an online coop multiplayer game mode. This is a very challenging task and will take at least 6-12 months to complete. We will be sure to start early tests as soon as we we have it playable, so stay tuned for future community updates.

Thank you for all of your support!

EXOR Studios

Allandor

I like that game. But it has a savegame bug with that plant that sooner or later covers the map if you don't find the root.
You can still survive but you can't save nor switch the map, even if the mission is accomplished.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks like a blend of Factorio and Diablo. Which for me that would equal to a blend of meth and cocaine.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Im having fun with this, its combining an RTS and a twin stick shooter like alienation. Some nice visials to, a ton of enemies + effects on screen

This game seems so similar to Dyson Sphere Program (thoroughly addictive game, highly recommended).

Are they from the same studio?

Also this game was on early access for years wasn’t it?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This game seems so similar to Dyson Sphere Program (thoroughly addictive game, highly recommended).

Are they from the same studio?

Also this game was on early access for years wasn’t it?
Nah this is from XOR, they made Xmorph Defense (which is a kickass twin stick shooter / tower defense hybrid). AFAIK they didn’t have early access for this game. They did release a demo earlier this year however.

AJUMP23

Been playing this game on gamepass and it is a lot of fun. Always something more to do.

I keep running into a corrupted save issue though, and it is setting me back. If it happens again I will probably just delete and I am at the end game.

Top Bottom