• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Alienware.. AMD Advantage Desktop Announced

Amiga

At its Radeon RX 7900-series RDNA 3(opens in new tab) graphics cards launch event, AMD announced its AMD Advantage program for gaming desktops. Just like in the case of high-performance laptops, the AMD Advantage initiative aims to create AMD-based desktops that deliver maximum performance and operate seamlessly.
In addition to pairing AMD's latest Ryzen 9 processor with one of AMD's Radeon RX 7900-series graphics cards, the chip designer has particular requirements for AMD Advantage systems. It includes using a premium chassis, liquid cooling for the CPU, 32GB or more of DDR5 memory with AMD EXPO profiles, at least 2TB NVMe storage, an 80Plus Gold-badged or better PSU, and tool-less entry.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-demos-amd-advantage-gaming-pc-rdna-3-meets-zen-4

Amiga

It's a shame they didn't require having a good motherboard as part of the standard.

MB just needs to extract the full performance of AMD synergy. This should be a high performance prebuilt PC gaming line for those who want an easy plug and play experience out of the box without needing to be knowledgeable about hardware or worrying about compatibilities and optimization. Close to a console like experience.

supernova8

Banned
I was going to say they should just offer AMD CPU+GPU bundles at a discount to encourage people to go all AMD but it would have strike a balance between
1) being a juicy enough discount to mean anything
and
2) not be too juicy such that scalpers would just buy up the bundles to then sell the individual products at full-ish price for a pretty much guaranteed no effort profit.

Last edited:

Amiga

I was going to say they should just offer AMD CPU+GPU bundles at a discount to encourage people to go all AMD but it would have strike a balance between
1) being a juicy enough discount to mean anything
and
2) not be too juicy such that scalpers would just buy up the bundles to then sell the individual products at full-ish price for a pretty much guaranteed no effort profit.

AMD GPUs are already on discount practically.

T-Cake

Interesting. So this doesn't appear to be the full blown AMD setup with unified memory. I'm sure Dr Su mentioned that a year or two ago. Or maybe I'm just getting confused with the consoles.

Filben

Looking sexy but way too much overpowered for my gaming habits. Wonder what's the market here and how big the audience is.

Amiga

Interesting. So this doesn't appear to be the full blown AMD setup with unified memory. I'm sure Dr Su mentioned that a year or two ago. Or maybe I'm just getting confused with the consoles.

Do you mean smart access memory? It a feature that lets the CPU access the full GPU memory instead of small chunks.

Looking sexy but way too much overpowered for my gaming habits. Wonder what's the market here and how big the audience is.
Hopefully a midrange model is introduced. a 5800X3D CPU wouldn't need water-cooling. A 7 series GPU with 20tflops could likely run the Matrix Awakens at 60 fps using FSR 3.0

T-Cake

Do you mean smart access memory? It a feature that lets the CPU access the full GPU memory instead of small chunks.
Not entirely sure. It definitely was a setup only possible when you have both Ryzen and Radeon together.

Amiga

Linked from AMD's website. Is it a good deal for the specs buying this without something to upgrade from?

More options at the bottom of the page:https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/advantage-desktops

UJwclvn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom