• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP James Caan

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, another absolute LEGEND leaves us for tinseltown in the sky :(

Always fun in his films even if he never quite hit the highs he probably wanted. I always enjoyed his performances and he popped up in a wide variety of things.

Hollywood does not cast rugged looking folks like this much today
Knjplzk.jpg

Sonny Corleone
JcBLOHk.jpg

Michael Mann's Thief
Tq3DdW0.jpg

Personal fave Alien Nation and McQuarrie's Way of the Gun
eRJmspe.jpg

EtIwG1B.jpg

And who can forget him in Misery?
B5d9Ait.jpg

Though most probably know him as the bio dad in Elf

omwpUtv.jpg

Absolutely amazing film in 'The Gambler' - crikey, it's one of the most stressful watches ever.

If you haven't watched it, I urge you to.

jason10mm

Gold Member
We (well, me at least, though lots of us are of a similar...vintage) are definitely in the era where our childhood film heroes are gonna be dying fast. When Eastwood, Schwarzeneggar, or Stallone go it's gonna be...well, not easy. Even though I've never met these guys they informed my childhood and early adulthood in a crazy way. I remember hearing of older actors passing that were my parents icons, now it is my turn. This kind of stuff makes you stare at mortality in a weird way beyond even losing some family members because actors live in a perpetual youth in cellulose, their death can be very shocking.

Top Bottom