• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For ‘The Batman’

JimiNutz

Banned
I think Pattinson could be an inspired choice. He can certainly pull off brooding, he actually does have quite a square jaw/chin and he also has quite an intense look. Apparently he's a genuinely good actor as well based on his post Twilight roles.

Once he gets on those Hollywood roids I think people will be surprised by how good he looks as Batman. He's def gonna need some serious steroids though to pack on the mass.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I think Pattinson could be an inspired choice. He can certainly pull off brooding, he actually does have quite a square jaw/chin and he also has quite an intense look. Apparently he's a genuinely good actor as well based on his post Twilight roles.

Once he gets on those Hollywood roids I think people will be surprised by how good he looks as Batman. He's def gonna need some serious steroids though to pack on the mass.

Ben Affleck is 6'3 1/2 (6'4 when hes not overweight)

Robert Pattinson is 6'2

So far ben batman is the closest to DC comic imo( when it comes to appearance)

Robert is slightly shorter and skinnier than Ben but a few trainings and gym should do the job for him

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ben Affleck is 6'3 1/2 (6'4 when hes not overweight)

Robert Pattinson is 6'2

So far ben batman is the closest to DC comic imo( when it comes to appearance)

Robert is slightly shorter and skinnier than Ben but a few trainings and gym should do the job for him

Hault is 6’2 and a half.
Checkmate.

plushyp

Idk I think he's supposed to be "street smart" like an obsessive bad ass detective like Hank Schrader but with gadgets. Hoult looks like an honors student.
Bruce is the greatest detective (street or otherwise) in the DC universe(s) alongside Barry Allen aka The Flash.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Pattinson catches a lot of flack from people who haven't actually seen him act because he was in some movie they didn't like 7 years ago. He's great. Wouldn't have been my first choice for Batman, but he certainly won't be the worst.

VulcanRaven

I haven't seen any Robert Pattinson movies so I'm not sure about this. He might be great. I hope they choose a right actor.

I can see him as Bruce Wayne:
pic1.jpg

000_1b9276.jpg

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

There's really no point arguing either way until a trailer. Haven't seen any of his movies, but hopefully WB remembers how to make good Batman movies.

J-Roderton

As someone that was super harsh on the twilight movies. I’m ok with casting his as Batman.

Yup. Agreed. They're not just gonna cast some random-ass person. I'm kinda pumped to see what happens. God rest Batfleck's soul.

I actually like the first Twilight movie. 🤷‍♂️ No shame here.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Its still hard for me to see ben affleck go

his images already grows on me as batman

No disrespect to previous batman actors ( west, kilmer, clooney, bale) but they dont have the intimidating posture and stature of affleck

I really see bruce wayne / batman in him sad to see him go

Hopefully patinson can do the job...right now hes too skinny and need to hit the gym...

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Last edited:
Amazing that all these Batman's/Batmen? are all trying to do the gruff, dark, noire kind of Batman, which IMO was nailed by Bale. Yet, they all know that West and is best. Nobody in the history of mankind could pull off a campy, cheesy batman and make it work.

Yo da man, West.

Top Bottom