• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar and their King Cash Crab Shit

This is the most buggy and unfinished
DF Edition ever made.
Why Rockstar why🤷‍♂️
qbLYl1j.jpg

I should have definitely re-bought the trilogy before it went defunct.

Lmao I actually thought that the remaster won't be so bad, so there isnt a need to feel pressured to buy.

Boy am I wrong. Hard.

oldergamer

The older games were crazy buggy. This does feel like a cash grab. Its been too long since a new gta and i dont think any remasters fill the gap

Business

I mean they know better than anyone what is best for them but I wish they would give a little love to single player content. A remake of RDR on RDR2 engine, RDR2 single player DLC or now a remake of San Andreas to at least GTAV-ish level graphics (like we got a remake for Mafia1) would have been out of this world cool. Instead we get shit and when now we got something it's outrageously bad and half assed. A shame really.

CitizenZ

Banned
Well, as I said in another thread, if they only had the money to do a proper release. Thats what GAF always says makes a game better.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm just astound by the fact that one of the largest names in the industry seems to have sleepwalked into this mess voluntarily. A reputation can easily be tarnished with just one stumble, so what the fuck happened with the obvious need for strict subcontractor project oversight.

Edit: I just saw this, LOL:

Sorry if already posted a million times..

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
A company who's CEO's are only interested in stock options, 2nd or 3rd luxury home, 5th exotic sports car and 2nd boat for the lakes...living the GTA dream.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm just astound by the fact that one of the largest names in the industry seems to have sleepwalked into this mess voluntarily. A reputation can easily be tarnished with just one stumble, so what the fuck happened with the obvious need for strict subcontractor project oversight.

Edit: I just saw this, LOL:

Sorry if already posted a million times..

That's fucking awful. I hope everybody who paid money for this has demanded a refund.

Zok310

Banned
Did R* outsource this remaster?

Also, a lot of senior talent left R* years ago, they are not the same studio anymore or the one we have come to love over the past 20 years as a result. It’s starting to show in the products they are now delivering.

Last edited:

Tschumi

The insta-rage is real here, Rockstar have big, swinging, gold plated balls of excellence when it comes to games, this half assed port by a third party is suddenly nuking their rep? Fuck that.

Do i like the game?

Hell no.

Do i feel the same about Rockstar YET as i do blizzard, bioware, Bethesda? Hell. No.

Phase

Did R* outsource this remaster?

Also, a lot of senior talent left R* years ago, they are not the same studio anymore or the one we have come to love over the past 20 years as a result. It’s starting to show in the products they are now delivering.
This has been said a lot, with a good amount of franchises. LIke, who is actually working at these companies now? Did they ever play the series they're working on? Do they even play video games in general? From the outside it looks as though there is no enthusiasm or interest in the games they're working on. It's just a job that needs to get done by a certain time.

People are talking about this being as bad as Silent Hill HD Remaster and that couldn't be far from the truth. Yes it was overpriced and there are multiple graphical issues and bugs, but those can be ironed out through patches and tweaks. The mechanics that were included on the whole were competent, the execution was somewhat lacking on Grove Street Games' part.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
This has been said a lot, with a good amount of franchises. LIke, who is actually working at these companies now? Did they ever play the series they're working on? Do they even play video games in general? From the outside it looks as though there is no enthusiasm or interest in the games they're working on. It's just a job that needs to get done by a certain time.
It's all of the above really. The actual passion for the product went when the suits moved in.

Top Bottom