• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games DMCA strike the creator of GTA

YES.
Are you aware of review blacklisting? Bad actors? Bribery? All known quantities in this industry, don't be dense.
You were there were you? Of course you weren't. The poster who brought this up witnessed it first hand, where one Rockstar employee tried to encourage a higher review score than was given. No other information is known. You're generalising, I'm talking about a specific encounter.

coffinbirth

You were there were you? Of course you weren't. The poster who brought this up witnessed it first hand, where one Rockstar employee tried to encourage a higher review score than was given. No other information is known. You're generalising, I'm talking about a specific encounter.

So, you don't believe this person that has given out loads of behind the scenes at a vg mag and are just going with your gut that he's lying? We're back to okie dokie here, bud.

So, you don't believe this person that has given out loads of behind the scenes at a vg mag and are just going with your gut that he's lying? We're back to okie dokie here, bud.
Where did I say I didn't believe him? The point is was the employee chancing his arm on getting the team a higher score or is this a much broader problem within Rockstar, obviously this happens throughout the industry in some form or another I'm not disputing that.

coffinbirth

Where did I say I didn't believe him? The point is was the employee chancing his arm on getting the team a higher score or is this a much broader problem within Rockstar, obviously this happens throughout the industry in some form or another I'm not disputing that.
Half of the 1st page of this fucking thread.
Ignored.

*Nightwing

Stop talking shit kid.

And you witnessed this when and where exactly? Why don't you give some background about what you saw?

Pretty shitty, this is a copyright issue though so very different.
bs16nBH.gif

AJUMP23

Gold Member
R* is working hard to make the games we love and they must protect themselves from the money hungry creators that are trying to leach off their revenue. Protect the corporate interest at all cost. Also allow the big government and politicians to remain unchecked.

MiguelItUp

This is a shame, but can't say it's surprising after the last few years.

GTA IV was objectively technically better in every way in terms of gameplay, visuals and controls. It's a good game that still holds up far better today than the PS2 trilogy.
The euphoria engine was one of the main reasons I was interested in the game and loved it so much. Then the cover system. While subjective, of course, I never understood the "hate" that GTA 4 got. At all. I felt the technical jump from 3 to 4 was pretty damn astounding. Almost on par with the jump from 2 to 3.
All of you will still buy GTA6.
Honestly, I couldn't careless. Unless they do some really neat and innovative things. But honestly I really don't know what else can be done to the series that would make it THAT much more enticing for me. It feels like they've done SO much already, lol.

*Nightwing

The thread is about something completely different to what I've been discussing, not sure what you're even wasting your time quoting me for 🤣 muppet.
If it’s an explanation you would genuinely like; this last bit sort of makes everything you were saying previously pointless no?
Pretty shitty, this is a copyright issue though so very different.

But you didn’t, you chose to attack the validity of statements another user who has historically demonstrated thier credentials previously should you check thier post history before choosing metaphorical violence. Then when backed into a corner, move goalposts insinuating that there statement is irrelevant to the thread topic (which it is very relevant mind you).

If you honestly believed that to be the case there would have been no calling out without verification beforehand as you did, you clearly would have lead with the last statement but your actions speak louder than words.

Since I went through the trouble of explaining what is obvious to everyone else but you apparently, I made you this meme for fun:
oYNqSA9.jpg

Edit:
4-regret nothing

Last edited:

Unknown?

GTA IV was objectively technically better in every way in terms of gameplay, visuals and controls. It's a good game that still holds up far better today than the PS2 trilogy.

It also had the best story of the series, but that's obviously subjective.

Personally, I feel like GTA III barely had any story worth even mentioning, Vice City completely ripped off Scarface, and San Andreas was a sloppy mish mash of 90's rap, it's culture and movies that started out strong and petered out well before the end. None of these games stories(the environmental and Lazlo-esque stuff is always hilarious) are well written save for some choice lines in San Andreas, IMO. Fun to fuck around in, but they don't hold up quite the same way that IV does. Hell, even the DLC has better writing, missions and stories. The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned are both top shelf GTA. This was Rockstars peak, IMHO.

GTA V was a major letdown in this department for me the way the story and branching narrative bullshit was implemented, and a lot of the physics systems and other actual gameplay stuff was a step back from IV as well.

Not trying to have a GTA argument here, but saying that "GTA4 was worse than the trilogy on PS2" cannot go unchecked.
Lol literally none of those things listed are true. GTA4 was trash tier in gameplay design.

MMaRsu

Banned
"the best story"

Niko crying about needing money, while walking around with over 600k, in his pocket.

"I want to stop killing people"

Niko said while running over 20 innocent civillians

Top Bottom