• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games has published more details on GTAV and GTA:O on PS5 and XSX/S

ChiefDada

Gold Member
People are complaining about what? You really can't ask for much more from a remaster. I'm still looking forward to this.

Ray tracing like Cyberpunk's "ray tracing"?

GTA V Enhanced will most likely be a better current gen offering than cyberpunk.

MarkyG

GTA Trilogy Remastered received an epic looking pre-release trailer, look how that turned out. However, I doubt R* will make the same mistake with GTA V. Doubt they'll have outsourced it to some inept mobile game company this time. Or maybe they have. Who knows?

amigastar

When Raytracing comes to the PC version also, i think RTX2060 will be good enough for 1080p. Not talking about 4k here.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
so ......

this isn't a free upgrade for existing owners right ?

edit: Appreciate a Performance RT mode.

Last edited:

NickFire

so ......

this isn't a free upgrade for existing owners right ?

edit: Appreciate a Performance RT mode.
Single player is definitely not free for PS or they wouldn't have agreed to free online for ps+ people. But possible that Smart Delivery pays off for you I suppose.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Single player is definitely not free for PS or they wouldn't have agreed to free online for ps+ people. But possible that Smart Delivery pays off for you I suppose.

Looks like it's 40 Euro. Probably gonna be $40 as well. And will sell another 20 million units.

Last edited:
Can't even hit 60fps in 4k on a fucking 8 year old game, get the fuck outta here. The raytracing better be god-tier.

Also lol at that screenshot, are you serious Rockstar?

Not even releasing a trailer showing off these "many visual enhancements" gives all cause for concern.

soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif
It's getting other visual upgrades above what was done on the PS4/X1, why do people keep talking like they are just taking the PS3 version and running it on the PS5/XSX?

Kagey K

Banned
Looks like it's 40 Euro. Probably gonna be $40 as well. And will sell another 120 million units.

Fixed that for you.

I'm out on this one though, I already bought and played through it twice. I might give it a 3rd go if it ever comes to Gamepass.

Kuranghi

Even 1440p60 with optimised settings is not really locked 60 on a GTX 1080, theres no way this was ever going to run at 4K60 except without lowest settings and it would look like shit then. I think it'll have really high settings in that 4K30 mode so yeah its pretty disappointing but expected.

edit - I hadn't refreshed my old page, I just saw ChiefDiddy says it has RT in the 4K30 mode, thats good. I'm not sure I want to play it at 30fps though, feels weird to do so given all my time on PC at 60, I played a bunch on PS3 at 30fps but no as much and the PC 60fps memories are much fresher.

Last edited:
Can we please recognize how shitty it is that Rockstar makes us wait so long just to be able to play their games at a decent framerate and resolution?

If gta v re-remasteres is anything to go by then we won't be able to play Red Dead 2 at 60 fps on console until 2028! This is why Rockstar is such a POS company.

Last edited:
I'm constantly surprised at how underpowered and dated the PS5 and XSX already feel with so many compromises.
I know right? These machines were supposed to be unlimited power or at least equal to a $2000 PC.

This generation is gonna suck!

We have only seen 1 real next gen game... and that was just a tech demo....

I wouldn't use a remaster to gauge how powerful the hardware is.

YCoCg

With ray tracing. No idea what type of ray tracing it is, but that would bring the frame rate down. Plus there's other enhancements than just ray tracing.
Shadows, AO, and Reflections on Vehicle Bodies and large pools of water for 30fps mode.

Shadows and AO for Performance RT mode.

This is downright evil of them
Sadly they get away with it because they're Rockstar and it's GTA. See how the utter broken mess that is The Definitive Trilogy sold over 10 million copies despite the bad reviews and bad word of mouth. Rockstar KNOW people will pay them for performance upgrades so they'll stretch it out and milk it. Expect RDR2 "Next Gen" around next year when it could've been done via a patch.

Shadows, AO, and Reflections on Vehicle Bodies and large pools of water for 30fps mode.

Shadows and AO for Performance RT mode.

Sadly they get away with it because they're Rockstar and it's GTA. See how the utter broken mess that is The Definitive Trilogy sold over 10 million copies despite the bad reviews and bad word of mouth. Rockstar KNOW people will pay them for performance upgrades so they'll stretch it out and milk it. Expect RDR2 "Next Gen" around next year when it could've been done via a patch.
So no reflections on puddles and rain-soaked roads? Why?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Interested to see what they use the RT for and if those features will get rolled back into the PC version. Beyond that seems pretty boring.

Moonjt9

Too many good games this year to bother with a PS3 game that was already remade for ps4. Hard pass.

assurdum

Banned
I'm constantly surprised at how underpowered and dated the PS5 and XSX already feel with so many compromises.
I'm constantly surprised how so many people can still define underpowered and dated an hardware priced 399 bucks, with the specs of the next gen console ..God bless the ignorance.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They have all of the money and resources in the world and they can't get a proper 4K 60 fps version on the latest consoles for a game that released two presidents ago.

jaysius

Banned
People are being really dumb if they preorder this, the last port they did was pure trash. If the game has awful performance day 1 you get 0 pity.
mom son GIF

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Metro exodus not only did it right, they did RT GI which was thought to be impossible on these consoles in a AAA game. Not only that but at 60 fps no less. They deserve an award for that shit.
Not only that but they went through and re-lit the entire game in a more naturalistic way to take full advantage of the improved lighting model. To my knowledge they're the only ones to actually do this instead of just ray tracking the same lighting (which invariably contains artificial non-source lights designed to simulate things the basic lighting system can't do).

Top Bottom