• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games issue message regarding recent leak

Ansphn

Where are you getting that info from? Sounds like BS
I'm just assuming that's what they're doing. The leaker was shopping out the source code and if Rockstar is saying they're not worried, i'm thinking they're the ones paying for the source code so it wont leak to someone else.

DaGwaphics

I was never worried about the game being scrapped...too much money and time in it

I am worried about them scrapping Lucia and Jason, I very much grown to like their average joe protagonists and I am worried R* might scrap them and create a new set of protagonists

do you guys think that will happen?

I don't see why. Haven't seen much negativity about them. It was kind of refreshing that they were just normal looking people, so often the characters can be OTT in games today.

How many playable characters did GTA V have (I'm one of the few that have never played it)?

mortal

Gold Member
I'm definitely intrigued after seeing the alpha, although I need to see more of what they have planned for the sandbox and AI before I get hyped.
GTA V felt like a step backwards in many ways mechanically than GTA IV, and I found its open world rather lifeless and static outside of GTA Online.

It seems it'll still be a long while until we get out first official screenshot or teaser from the most current build.

Fredrik

I don't see why. Haven't seen much negativity about them. It was kind of refreshing that they were just normal looking people, so often the characters can be OTT in games today.

How many playable characters did GTA V have (I'm one of the few that have never played it)?
I’ve only seen positive talk about the girl, she’s got a fresh look for the industry at this point, would be stupid to swap her out. The dude is less interesting imo but he’s not the typical lead either so I hope they keep him too.

DaGwaphics

I’ve only seen positive talk about the girl, she’s got a fresh look for the industry at this point, would be stupid to swap her out. The dude is less interesting imo but he’s not the typical lead either so I hope they keep him too.

Looks like they were going for a very everyday type look for both of them.

elco

I'm just assuming that's what they're doing. The leaker was shopping out the source code and if Rockstar is saying they're not worried, i'm thinking they're the ones paying for the source code so it wont leak to someone else.
Unless there is precedent for this sort of thing, I find it unlikely. You can't put that genie back in the bottle. I'm not sure why anyone would trust whoever hacked it to keep their word anyway. Also, I'm not sure why it even matters. If there is security risk, it'll be addressed regardless.

DaGwaphics

Unless there is precedent for this sort of thing, I find it unlikely. You can't put that genie back in the bottle. I'm not sure why anyone would trust whoever hacked it to keep their word anyway. Also, I'm not sure why it even matters. If there is security risk, it'll be addressed regardless.

Agreed. If the entire approach to security is just that it's obscured so no one can see it, the wheels are off the cart already. Might be a good time to audit the code of GTA V if the code is indeed out. Though we don't know if it really is, I guess it's possible that the hacker didn't have as much access as they claimed.

John Wick

And yes guys this is PROBLEM with gaming industry today

Rockstar waited TOO DAMM LONG with new gta because to them money is on first place,not games and this is their cross what they need to bear
Sometimes I wonder if people are really stupid?
This is solely on the hacker or thief who stole the files. Hopefully he'll be getting what's coming to him soon enough.
Rockstar aren't obliged to make games at your behest.

Ansphn

I figured this would be the cheapest option to get this resolved.

There has been precedence but not in gaming. Companies would pay to unlock their data from hijackers when they get ransomware.

Banned
to be fair, I have zero sympathy with that dogshit company 🤷‍♂️ they lost every bit of respect after how they treated fan made mods.
fuck them, fuck their dogshit parent company Take 2, and I hope both of them go bankrupt soon :)

have a nice day 😘

ps.: that kid should leak the fucking game already, I would love to see that, everything to fuck with Rockshit Games

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
thirsty hamster GIF

People are thirsty

This makes me feel uncomfortable.

Let's hope it's a good game at least. GTA v was complete and utter trash.
Yeah I agree 100%. It was so trash that it sold worth of 3 billion in profit within 3 days and then ported on ps4/x1 and ps5/xsx yeah utter trash..... 🤡

Last edited:
Top Bottom