• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rockstar Mag] GTA VI is a big mess and is likely to be bad

Concern

Good. If this increases the ratio of good satire ("America's Next Top Hooker") to bad satire (Post OP) then I'm all for it.

"Thinks gaf is racist. That's why I post here. I think I'm among friends."

Now that tag makes sense lol

Romulus

Probably not in a huge hurry either. Imagine the pile of cash they're sitting on after selling 150 million copies of gta5 and another 40 million for RDR2.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
And yet there are replies like..this? Where does this even come from? They've apparently gone "woke", and now release "only garbage"? Why not wait until actual information is released that's based on reality? You people are fighting some made up boogeyman here and it's really bizarre.

Because that’s where the industry going.

Stop acting all surprised to the reactions, like you’ve not noticed what’s been going on as of late. Movies, TV shows, Games all getting hit by the woke propaganda and you’re telling me their is a chance that the biggest IP in gaming would somehow
”maybe” dodge this woke bullet?

Calling woke culture and its influence ”a made up boogyman” just tells me how delusional you are or maybe you’re trolling, its hard to tell nowadays.

Because that’s where the industry going.

Stop acting all surprised to the reactions, like you’ve not noticed what’s been going on as of late. Movies, TV shows, Games all getting hit by the woke propaganda and you’re telling me their is a chance that the biggest IP in gaming would somehow
”maybe” dodge this woke bullet?

Calling woke culture and its influence ”a made up boogyman” just tells me how delusional you are or maybe you’re trolling, its hard to tell nowadays.

Yeah ok, so you see it in movies and stuff..where are you seeing it here? With GTAVI? A game that hasn't even been officially unveiled in any capacity? If you took the time to calm down, dial back the frothyness and really read what I said, I never once said woke culture and it's influence is a "made up boogeyman", I said it in the context of GTAVI, a game no one has seen anything of.

You've got people writing off something before it has even been shown off, or even announced, based on bizarre conjecture and hilarious extrapolation, and you're going to call me delusional?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I just want a game with great gameplay; give me more meaningful ways to "level up" my character like in past GTA's.. give me ONE character, not 3... let me control territory, have more meaningful property ownership.. get rid of any and all friendship dating simulation crap.

I really hate how many things they changed starting with GTA IV; they enhanced the worst part of San Andreas (the dating crap) and made it a near constant annoyance and either ditched or downplayed a lot of the character building/leveling mechanics.

GTA V added some of that back but IMO they ruined it with the 3 characters thing. Just feels disjointed.

They could get rid of every off-color joke, ditch prostitutes, etc. and still make a great game.. really don't give 2 shits about the things the anti-woke brigade care about. Or keep those things in, and that's fine too.. but good grief removing those things doesn't make a game garbage/bad. What the hell do you all play games for?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"Thinks gaf is racist. That's why I post here. I think I'm among friends."

Now that tag makes sense lol

Indeed; thinking Rockstar should up their satire game is TOTALLY relevant to a petty forum tag (that itself doesn't make sense).

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Surprised since they can release something shit, stick a gta logo on it and people will defend it until the end of time, cancel it and make the warriors 2 or bully 2

Concern

Indeed; thinking Rockstar should up their satire game is TOTALLY relevant to a petty forum tag (that itself doesn't make sense).

Aahhh i understood your post as in its good they're going for "modern audiences". My bad

Guilty_AI

It's not.

PD5ajmK.png

Last edited:

th4tguy

GTA 6 is a mess - I believe it. Rockstar has has very rocky development with multiple of their most ambitious titles. This is well documented. It’s reported that the original Red Dead Redemption wasn’t even hardly a game until close to release due to horrible technical issues.

GTA 6 will be bad - This I highly doubt. Rockstar may not be immune to troubled development but they also will hold a game until it’s ready to be released. They won’t release a bad GTA. There is too much money left on the table.

Woggleman

Rockstar will never pull a Cyberpunk 2077. At least their games will be technically good but with House and Benz gone I don't think their games will have the same soul and heart as before. Despite being hugely successful they always had a renegade spirit before GTA V and that has been lost with RDR2 being the last gasp. I would love to be proven wrong though,

Top Bottom