• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady’s Upcoming Suicide Squad Game is Titled “Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League”

-IZHAN-

Rocksteady Studios’ new Suicide Squad-centered game has received an official title, and it will be called Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. The title was confirmed in the schedule for the upcoming DC Fandome event, where DC plans on revealing more on the new game, and in the game’s official Twitter account.

The proper reveal is set to take place on Sunday 23rd August, when we’ll finally get our first look at the game. The panel will last for 20 minutes and it will be hosted by “The Lego Batman Movie” Batman voice actor Will Arnett.

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
Shame on you Rocksteady

giphy.gif

I'm down. Will be nice to see them tackle something new finally. And casting the Justice League as villains is exciting. Could be some very memorable boss fights. I can't imagine how scary it is to try and actually fight Superman and Batman. Just ready to finally see this thing.

Having a WB Montreal Batman game also unveiled is just about right. Been long enough I'm kinda ready for one.

Kerotan

So is it rumoured to be Gotham Knights this year and then Suicide squad next year? Maybe GN will be single player and SS the multiplayer game launching next year?

REDRZA MWS

Actually hyped for this. Play as the bad guys trying to hunt down superheroes. Trust Rocksteady with the DC series. I’m going to use Harley Quinn as my main and Fugg shit up.

hyperbertha

Wait Avengers is gaas? I though it was single player with multiplayer elements? Pathetic if true. It just went from mediocre looking to trash tier for me. If Suicide squad follows the same path there really is no hope for western game development anymore besides Cdprojekt and Sony First party is there? Rocksteady was in my top 10 devs of all time.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I still this this is what was come up with instead of a proper Superman game to get around the whole Supes is OP issue. I have my theory of what to do with that issue if I were trying to overcome it... and I've said it in another thread buried somewhere I can't remember. I'll be interested to see what they actually do come up with for it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum, Arkham City was not as fun but still good, Arkham Knight was a misfire. I'm afraid the downward trend will continue with this Suicide Squad game. Who the hell is interested in these characters?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Seriously... After 2 crappy movies, is Suicide Squad really that much of a big deal for an IP?
The Avengers I understand, because they've made billions and are a household phenomenon after 12 years. But Suicide Squad isn't even close in popularity.
There's been only one Suicide Squad movie released; the second one, which is directed by James Gunn, hasn't been released yet. If you have Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey in mind, then you should know that it's not a Suicide Squad movie.

JonnyMP3

There's been only one Suicide Squad movie released; the second one, which is directed by James Gunn, hasn't been released yet. If you have Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey in mind, then you should know that it's not a Suicide Squad movie.
Yeah I did mean BOP and I did group it with Suicide Squad... Mainly because I can't put it with the Justice League stuff.
I am looking forward to James Gunn's actual sequel though.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

The first movie, still, wasn't that good. But, it doesn't have to be a movie thing. The comic series, which I haven't read ever, might have been good and have better source material.

Aparrently there's this storyline:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's a terrible name for what I'm pretty sure will be a terrible game (at least for me, who would by far prefer another SP experience).

Last edited:

zeorhymer

So Rocksteady has only done the first 2 Arkham games under their belt. I'm sure the combat will be fine, but cautiously curious about the rest.

Shantae

Banned
My only familiarity with Suicide Squad was that shit movie that came out, and to emphasize how bad that movie was...I was stuck on a 12 hour flight and bored...and I still turned the movie off because I'd would rather watch nothing than continue to watch that shit movie.

No interest in this game.

Will only judge when we get to see more than a cinematic. I've not been letdown by Rocksteady to date. The second half of the title is kinda an odd choice but I can see why they want to insert "Justice League".... even if for marketing alone but also because the game revolves around it too probably.

Last edited:

Ristifer

I love all of Rocksteady’s Arkham games, but I have no interest in this. More excited to see what WB will be doing with Batman.

Kokoloko85

Id rather be Superman or the justice league killing Suicide Squad. Who cares about Suicide Squad.
What a waste after all these yaers

kiphalfton

My impression from the movie is they're a bunch of weak villains that have stupid abilities.

Guess they had to scale it back since you can't really make a game with Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. etc. without completely nerfing their powers.

Arachnid

In what universe can the Suicide Squad stand up against The Justice League?
Not a single one. It's a retarded and kind of boring concept IMO. They wouldn't stand a chance against Aquaman solo nevermind heavy hitters like Superman or Flash.

They should have come up with a more original task for the squad to undertake. This sounds like it's being marketed at edgy teenagers or something.

EDIT: If it's a gaas, it's a hard pass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom