• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady’s Upcoming Suicide Squad Game is Titled “Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League”

TacosNSalsa

In what universe can the Suicide Squad stand up against The Justice League?
In the very few comics I've read they have punched above their weight before ..I think I remember them taking out one of Darkseid's elementals before . On the other hand the JL has taken on Darkseid himself and other gods like World Forger ..so there is none . I don't even think there's an Elseworld where they did .

Elcid

Banned
Shame on you Rocksteady

giphy.gif
What’s the problem? They haven’t said a damn thing yet.

JLMC469

Banned
In the very few comics I've read they have punched above their weight before ..I think I remember them taking out one of Darkseid's elementals before . On the other hand the JL has taken on Darkseid himself and other gods like World Forger ..so there is none . I don't even think there's an Elseworld where they did .

God this would have been so much better if it were The Justice League.

They already have Batman:messenger_grinning_sweat:.

Last edited:
M

Mr.Vodoo

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously... After 2 crappy movies, is Suicide Squad really that much of a big deal for an IP?
The Avengers I understand, because they've made billions and are a household phenomenon after 12 years. But Suicide Squad isn't even close in popularity.

One crappy movie that made $800 million. The second is still in production.

JonnyMP3

One crappy movie that made $800 million. The second is still in production.
Already answered. It was pedantry of mixing Suicide Squad with Birds of Prey because both had Margot Robbie as the star. I couldn't lump it with the Justice League. 800 million it may have made but metacric score is 40 for critics and 60 for users... Just saying it's not really that popular despite box office sales compared to Marvel.

And I've already said I'm looking forward to James Gunns version ax well.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Seriously... After 2 crappy movies, is Suicide Squad really that much of a big deal for an IP?
The Avengers I understand, because they've made billions and are a household phenomenon after 12 years. But Suicide Squad isn't even close in popularity.
Can't defend the movies but the narrative when done properly has some form of stakes unlike MCU films. 🤷‍♂️

MiguelItUp

Name is definitely strange, but I'll hold out until I see gameplay. But man, really not liking the idea of another GaaS. Full price AAA games asking for more and more money is just really dirty to me.

JonnyMP3

Can't defend the movies but the narrative when done properly has some form of stakes unlike MCU films. 🤷‍♂️
Any narrative done properly has stakes... But that doesn't apply to the Suicide Squad movie, because as you said, you can't defend. So what's your point?

Yeah im not getting on the cynic train just yet.
How stupid do you have to be to think that one shitty Suicide Squad movie had any influence on this.

Rocksteady is an amazing studio and they definetly earned the benefit of the doubt.

For now.....

waylo

Banned
I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum, Arkham City was not as fun but still good, Arkham Knight was a misfire. I'm afraid the downward trend will continue with this Suicide Squad game. Who the hell is interested in these characters?
Guessing they lean heavily on Harley Quinn, Joker, and Superman, since they're the only ones anyone gives even the slightest fuck about.

Not interested in this at all. Much more interested in the WB Batman game.

Name is definitely strange.

What's stranger is what they decided to name the sequel to the first film. The first film is called "Suicide Squad", and so some genius decided to call the next one "The Suicide Squad".

Is "Suicide Squad 2" already copyrighted by someone else or something?!

MrS

Banned
Would have preferred a Batman game, honestly. I can't envision a scenario in which I'd buy a Suicide Squad game.

Perrott

Gold Member
Would have preferred a Batman game, honestly. I can't envision a scenario in which I'd buy a Suicide Squad game.
The thing that everybody loves about DC are their villains and a Suicide Squad game would let you play as Deathstroke, Deadshot, Killer Croc or Harley among many others... how is that not cool?

Last edited:
What's wrong with y'all? Rocksteady is one of the best studios in the industry, they are going to deliver a terrific game just like they've done with the Arkham series in the past.
Nah man

Suicide Squad movie=BAD therefore this game=BAD

Even tho these mouthbreathers haven't seen any footage of it yet

MrS

Banned
The thing that everybody loves about DC are their villains and a Suicide Squad game would let you play as Deathstroke, Deadshot, Killer Croc or Harley among many others... how is that not cool?
I don't want to play as B-tier villains. Also, how easy would it be for Superman to kill all these human/crocodile enemies.
Rocksteady is one of the best studios in the industry
They're really not. Did you play Arkham Knight?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Y’all naysayers are nuts. I have loved every Arkham game and I have faith in both Rocksteady And WB Montreal.

I have faith in Rocksteady. But I have no faith at all in Warner. A coop/multiplayer Suicide Squad game is the kind of crap some high ranking WB executive might come up with in order to promote a new movie and then they force their games division to spend five years working on their boneheaded ideas.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Cool? Ugh, I'm still trying to suppress the memory of that god awful movie.

Bridges

All jokes aside, there's still a chance this turns out okay. We know they have the chops to make fun engaging combat, if they can translate that into multiplayer without it becoming a mtx-heavy grind fest it could be pretty fun.

I'm cautiously optimistic, they haven't had a dud yet (Arkham Knight wasn't even bad, the hate it gets is crazy).

FlyLo

I've avoided GaaS games all gen but I'm willing to play a good one. Hope it's cool.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Oh you know it the ass on Wonder Woman and Batwoman are gone to blow Black Widow away lol example just look at the asses in Injustice 2 hmm looks soo good lol
Yeah, but still, I'm a little worried. Injustice 2 and Arkham games were made in the less crazy times, when women were allowed to look sexy and feminine in games. Now look at the MK cast of .... I better stop here. Bah.

Yeah, but still, I'm a little worried. Injustice 2 and Arkham games were made in the less crazy times, when women were allowed to look sexy and feminine in games. Now look at the MK cast of .... I better stop here. Bah.
Hmm point taken but in MK11 the players models were model after real life people so it it more realistic looking the female are still very hot though like Sindel & only some studios are making female less feminine and attractive the majority are still making them sexy lol

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I can't wait for game of the year edition:

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League: Game of the Year Edition: The Movie: The Game

Arachnid

Most of those sound pretty boring gameplay wise. Harley sucked to play as in the Arkham games, Deadshot would be a typical third or first person shooter, and Croc is just your average tank. Deathstroke could be cool to play as I guess, but most of the team members would be pretty one note.

Top Bottom