• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rollerdrome going to PS+ Extra at launch?

Varteras

Gold Member

Roll7's Rollerdrome is reportedly going to be part of the PS Plus Extra August 2022, according to some digging by ResetEra era member Modiz.
The user noticed that the PlayStation Web Store reveals the exact hour the game launches, “and while most games have a midnight launch in the east coast (RE4 as an exception has a midnight launch on the west coast), Stray and Roller Drome launch at 11am and 12 pm east code respectively.”

So, Shadow Warriors 3. Then Stray. Now possibly Rollerdrome. I think it's like a lot of us predicted. Sony is going to pay third parties for Day 1 releases.

If talking PS+ Day 1 drops, don't forgot VF5: Ultimate Showdown.

Games came to regular PS+ at launch. Rocket League, Fall Guys, Oddworld Soulstorm, Destruction All-Stars

Games also used to come without DLC and MTX. Also didn't have to pay for online gaming at one point on console.

Things change sometimes, gotta accept it for what it is. Liking it is another matter. If Day 1 releases for PS+ Extra and Premium potentially means more frequent Day 1 inclusions (and bigger ones), maybe even a few smaller first party IP as AA Day 1 (developed by 1P or 3P), then I'll be okay with it.

Varteras

Gold Member
We had that even with PS+ sometimes, it was a pretty safe bet.

Games came to regular PS+ at launch. Rocket League, Fall Guys, Oddworld Soulstorm, Destruction All-Stars

They did for sure. But PS Now went for the longest time without doing so until Shadow Warriors 3 happened. There was a question there whether or not Sony would go the route of paying for a game to be in its PS Now (now PS Extras) catalogue Day 1 for a few months or more. I think we can safely say that question has been answered. What we can also say is it seems like Day 1 games on PS+ will be a lot more frequent. Between Essentials and Extras.

Top Bottom