• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROLLERDROME | Review Thread

MacReady13

Have to say looked gash, glad to be wrong. Is it going the PS+ route like Stray?
Seriously my man, just buy this game. It’s not that expensive and is totally worth it to support the devs and games like this. It’s so fucking good.

MacReady13

Update after playing more.

I regret buying the game. Its just very casual to the point that the depth isn't there for me. You really can't ever mess up skating and it doesn't feel particularly great either. Shooting doesn't feel great. Hold L2 and if you move the stick within 30 yards of an enemy it locks on, all while you can never fail any tricks. The end result is "fun" but very shallow.

I dont think its worth $20. Its not a bad game but it feels underwhelming. The presentation and idea is fun enough but the gsmeplay is just lacking. I'd wait unless you're just dying to play it. Cant believe that Shill Up got me this time.
Totally disagree but that’s ok. I find with doing stunts and firing that the auto aim helps heaps and contributes to the fluidity of the combat mechanics.
Landing the stunts without failing is needed as trying to dodge bullets, aim, perform stunts and land would be a near impossible task.
Game is fantastic and I truly do recommend it to all.

RPS37

Honest question?
My PSN subscription ends at the end of September and I have 45 bucks in my PSN wallet…
is there a game I should save it for, get this, or just pay for my sub with it?

Jaybe

Honest question?
My PSN subscription ends at the end of September and I have 45 bucks in my PSN wallet…
is there a game I should save it for, get this, or just pay for my sub with it?
GOW:R in November would be a game to save it for if you have interest in it.

nikos

To be honest, I went in blind and ended up quitting during the tutorial.

Game indicated that a controller is recommended, which is an immediate red flag for a shooter but quickly made sense because doing tricks on keyboard felt unorthodox. You need to do tricks to reload, so you can't ignore them.

What really ruined it for me was not having to aim because bullets magnetize to enemies. I find aiming to be the most satisfying part of playing shooters, so it wasn't for me.

Certinty

I don’t get the hype. The game is far too automatic, the auto aim, impossible to mess up etc. is a shame. A few matches in and i’m already bored.

VN1X

Banned
Ah man, I had tuned this game out ever since hearing about it because I'd confused it for Roller Champions.

Then three minutes ago I realized my mistake and got excited for it because I love fast action arcade shooters like DOOM.

Then two minutes ago I found out it wasn't in Xbox so I can't play it.

Then one minute ago I started this post.

And now I'm just gonna go read the locked sexual kink thread in off-topic and see what I missed there too.

Damn this post was a roller coaster of emotions!

Top Bottom