• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Out Today for Xbox – Party Chat Noise Suppression and Jump In with Friends

Draugoth

Gold Member

Summary

• Party chat noise suppression comes to Xbox Series X|S consoles
  • Jump right into a game from your friends' shared captures on mobile and PC
Team Xbox is excited to continue bringing new ways to make Xbox better, with you at the center, as we refine the experience and deliver brand new features based on your feedback. This month's update introduces a couple more ways for you to connect and play with your friends and communities including party chat noise suppression on Xbox Series X|S consoles and the ability to start a game from a friend's shared game clip or screenshot on mobile and PC.

Party Chat Noise Suppression

If you use party chat on your Xbox Series X|S console, you may notice fewer unwanted noises and interruptions than before. Noise suppression helps remove noises like gamepad clicks, breathing, and background noise from your parties.

If you want to keep some types of background noise like music in your parties, you can also turn noise suppression off. Just open the guide, scroll to Parties & chats, and select Options. There you can enable or disable noise suppression. We're excited that this feature launches on Xbox Series X|S today, and we'll be bringing it to more devices soon.

Party Chat Noise Suppression Image

Jump right into a game from your friends' shared captures on mobile and PC

Millions of Xbox gamers share game clips and screenshots with their friends with link sharing, released late last year. Now the friends you share your game clips and screenshots with can not only watch your captures, they can start playing right away on their device with cloud gaming. (Some games require Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for cloud gaming.)

So the next time a friend shares an epic moment from their favorite game like Forza Horizon 5, just tap "Play" and start playing directly in a browser, straight from their clip.

Watch and Play Image

Help Shape the Future of Xbox

Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for future updates and all the latest and greatest Xbox related news. For support related to Xbox updates, visit the official Xbox Support site.

We love hearing from the community whether you have a suggestion for a new feature that you'd like to see added, or you have feedback on existing features that could use some improvement. From game capture and share improvements, to helping games load faster, new ways to connect with your gaming friends, and so much more, we're always listening and looking for ways to improve Xbox experiences for gamers around the world. If you'd like to help create the future of Xbox and get access to features like Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), download the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, or Windows PC today. Let us know what you think – we're always listening!

Xbox: Take a friend’s shared clip and jump right in at that spot via cloud gaming.

Sony: We have 1440p now!

It’s embarrassing how much better Microsoft is doing this gen.

What happened to themes on PS5? I always thought they were great on PS3/PS4, with the dynamic backgrounds and music, even the Gaf theme was cool. Disappointed not to see them on the new system.

Three

Xbox: Take a friend’s shared clip and jump right in at that spot via cloud gaming.

Sony: We have 1440p now!

It’s embarrassing how much better Microsoft is doing this gen.
You know you could do the shared clip jump right in on playstation since PS4 right?

Naked Lunch

I have an old high school friend that still lives in the hood. I play Xbox online with the guy.
This dude refuses to change his smoke detector batteries and you can hear that shit beep every couple minutes thru his mic - just crazy.
This new Party noise suppression thing might finally save my ears and sanity.

JimboJones

Noise suppression is a great add if it works well, going from Discord to Xbox game chat was painful sometimes.

I'm against them making a "Platinum" trophy as that will just encourage the Platinum whale hunting devs to port their garbage Platinum for $1.50 games over to Xbox.

There is a fair number of Ratalaika Games already on Xbox, many take only a few minutes to 1000g them. I’m not sure if that Mayo shite is on Xbox.

All I want to see is a better layout in terms of DLC like you see on PSN, the DLC is a separate list to the main games list there, I would like to see that on Xbox . It’s been years waiting for stuff like that dude, tons of people have given feedback on it.

A completion thing would be nice too, maybe a work around that doesn’t have to be a Platinum of sorts.

Let’s be honest even as is, there is a lot of shit games for easy completion on that store anyway.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

I'm against them making a "Platinum" trophy as that will just encourage the Platinum whale hunting devs to port their garbage Platinum for $1.50 games over to Xbox.
Uhm thats already happening. There are A LOT of Easy Gamerscore junk games.
Microsoft just has to put new rules in place for that junk. 360 Era Arcade games were only allowed 400GS for example.
Gamerscoring neede an overhaul, they havent done anything since they added that rare diamond achievement thing.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So I can use system to adjust volume now instead of using the spotify app??

Also will it remember the settings on start up, even when the insane load start screen pops up?

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
So I can use system to adjust volume now instead of using the spotify app??

Also will it remember the settings on start up, even when the insane load start screen pops up?
Yes, the system will adjust volume through HDMI-CEC. It will not store any setting though, so if you crank up the volume in between play sessions, get ready.

Alternatively, you can now disable the startup sounds.

Top Bottom