• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Stone (citing a Warner report) alleges Zack Snyder hired an ad agency to start #ReleaseTheSnyderCut

MastaKiiLA

My thoughts too, and entirely expected given how Rolling Stone has zero journalistic credibility these days.
How long has this been the case. Rolling Stone has had some of my favorite articles. I remember the article they had on Kevin Mitnick in the 90s was really well-researched and written. I'd come to expect quality writing from them, but this article appears to have some red flags. Not least of which is the source of most of the information. Arguably someone with an axe to grind.

ManaByte

unknown.png

Did they really send that email... 1 fucking day ago? It's kind of silly to say that he declined to comment when they tried to reach him so close to the publication of said article.
And this mail is written by a 12 years old kid right? It has to. And I don't see where Fisher is declining to respond?

Uh, that's how article work. They send emails to the reps asking to a comment, and if they don't respond they're "declining to respond". That's why they send follow up emails telling them their publication deadline.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Uh, that's how article work. They send emails to the reps asking to a comment, and if they don't respond they're "declining to respond". That's why they send follow up emails telling them their publication deadline.
Yeah for a simple comment, yet that's not what it's about here. They also make assumptions and when you build an article like this you want Ray Fisher's opinion before the day of publication, if only to improve your story.
Only WB seems to have a problem working with Zack Snyder, strange isn't it? Everywhere I look the guy is praised by his peers, on, the other hand we know for fact that WB has been miserable at handling all this situation.

You do you, but that trash -sorry, that article- is shit, filed with lies and is just a big PR statement by WB.

LordCBH

Lmao. Paid report says what Warner wants it to.
“Fuck Snyder his new cut got us tons of new HBO subs!”

Konnor

unknown.png

Did they really send that email... 1 fucking day ago? It's kind of silly to say that he declined to comment when they tried to reach him so close to the publication of said article.
And this mail is written by a 12 years old kid right? It has to. And I don't see where Fisher is declining to respond?

Modern "journalists" are known for doing pathetic shit like that, they "try" to contact someone in the middle of the night, give then a couple of hours to reply and then publish the article saying they declined to respond.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Modern "journalists" are known for doing pathetic shit like that, they "try" to contact someone in the middle of the night, give then a couple of hours to reply and then publish the article saying they declined to respond.
Yes, you're right. I just wish WB would take care of Ezra and finally fire him rather than blame their failures of the past 5 years on Snyder.
I think the guy has been through enough hardships without this bullshit :(

Sounds about right.
Obligatory

How can someone take this guy seriously lmao.
By the way, almost 25% of RollingStones account followers are fake/bots.

unknown.png

To conclude, 87% of people who wanted the SnyderCut where legitimate (according to this article), and find it quite impressive!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
How long has this been the case. Rolling Stone has had some of my favorite articles. I remember the article they had on Kevin Mitnick in the 90s was really well-researched and written. I'd come to expect quality writing from them, but this article appears to have some red flags. Not least of which is the source of most of the information. Arguably someone with an axe to grind.

Well the first big thing was the UVA "frat rape gang" case in 2014, but there have been a bunch of other cases of blatant corporate/political shilling since then. Can't recall the specifics but I recall Krystal and Saagar on Breaking Points really tearing into the publication for basically being a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

AHAHAHA. SnyderCut harmed WB? lol

Absolutely ridiculous takes from these so called journos. They were always against the snydercut even when it was a grassroots movement with a few thousand youtube videos pouring over old concept art. I always found it weird about these alleged toxicity and harassment. Everyone wanted Snydercut to happen and were pro filmmakers. I dont remember seeing any targeted harassment towards Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck, Jason Mamoa or any of the other actors. Whedon was trashed for it but he was forgotten as everyone focused on just getting Snyder's cut released. Are we talking about execs who arent even on twitter? I cant name a single WB exec, let alone remember seeing any harassment campaigns against them.

All people wanted was a damn directors cut. They were told by these same journalists and the cunts over at era that Snyder sucks and his cut was even worse. Now that they turned out to wrong, they are the ones who were toxic and shitting on a fanbase simply for asking for the original director's version that was promised in the trailer. They are the ones going back and diminishing the efforts of that fanbase once again.

The funny thing is that WB execs or whoever the fuck greenlit HBO day one releases is what harmed WB the most. Kong vs Godzilla, Mortal Kombat, Dune, Matrix Revolutions are all bigger movies than fucking Uncharted, Venom and Ghostbusters from Sony. All made more money than these massive WB movies. And they blame the Snydercut for costing WB?? THAT is the story they run when these greedy execs cost the company likely a billion in lost revenue?

Give me a fucking break.

sol_bad

The director of a movie saying he’ll destroy Geoff Johns on social media and then magically MeToo allegations surface doesn’t seem to be a problem. We crucified Amber Heard for doing that to Johnny Depp, but it’s not an issue when Zack Snyder does it.

It's hearsay at this point.

Kilau

Gold Member
I guess I'm not surprised by this revelation, but I am surprised that Synder did something that actually worked.

sol_bad

Yes, you're right. I just wish WB would take care of Ezra and finally fire him rather than blame their failures of the past 5 years on Snyder.
I think the guy has been through enough hardships without this bullshit :(

Obligatory

How can someone take this guy seriously lmao.
By the way, almost 25% of RollingStones account followers are fake/bots.

unknown.png

To conclude, 87% of people who wanted the SnyderCut where legitimate (according to this article), and find it quite impressive!

I'm not sure what that Youtube video is trying to prove. When people said the Snydercut didn't exist, it didn't exist at that point in time.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Rolling Stone has 24% fake bot accounts following them... 13% bots is a FAR smaller number than the 86% of actual people who were part of the release the Snyder Cut movement... I mean... 13 is not a greater number than 86.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ray Fisher tried to claim Rolling Stone lied about him declining to comment, so RS posted the emails.

I'm sorry...but TWO emails? And only the first was one day before they hit publish?! Do you know how many emails and meetings and other things you go through in a day or 3? Usually when you're writing a story like this, especially at the length it is, you PLAN to get everyone's side LONG before you hit publish. Like at least a month before for an online article of that scope.

That says to me the author is unprofessional and woefully unprepared to manage time and plan ahead OR the author is involved in smearing others and TRYING to appear "professional" by sending emails they knew wouldn't get answered in time before publication.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ray Fisher responded... And yep... It's what I thought: "the author is involved in smearing others and TRYING to appear "professional" by sending emails they knew wouldn't get answered in time before publication."

ZuWZmEZ.jpg
ji6izpy.jpg
uvKsG8W.png
bKJj5bR.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom