• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronda Rousey wants to be cast as Captain Marvel, Kevin Smith and Thanos Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronda-Rousey-Captain-Marvel-Featured.jpg

As many know in Ronda Rousey's AMA on Reddit she expressed that she would love to play Captain Marvel in the MCU. Most brushed it off but slowly interest seems to be building. The newest person to publicly campaign for her? Kevin Smith. Here's what he had to say

"You see her in that picture? Come on. You don't even need to think at this point, there's an image. Lord knows she's one of the only people who would play a superhero that could actually beat the s--t out of somebody. I would like to see it happen. Seems like she has a good head on her shoulders, she followed a dream -- and holy s--t, she's an ass-kicker."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/18/kevin-smith-ronda-rousey-superhero-movie/

Well as we know Ronda doesn't have the strongest acting skills in the world so I don't see it happening. But thought it was pretty interesting Kevin Smith is openly campaigning for her.

She should audition if she wants it, but there are others out there who also look the part and are better actors.

I like that woman from the Vikings show.

Salsa

from badly acted fast and the furious cameo to carrying her own movie in what's bound to be another box office hit and million dollar franchise

right.

I could actually see it if they just used her in team up movies. Not give her a ton of dialogue and beat the shit out of people. She would look amazing in the part.

But she simply can't act near well enough to carry her own movie. So yeah, bad call imo

Corpekata

Banned
She should have a role like Batista got, something that's in her range and doesn't rest the movie on her shoulders. I think she'd be fun in a superhero or villain role as a muscle type character, but probably not as a lead.

Ovek

7Member7
She has the look, if Marvel only intends to have Captain Marvel standing in the background not opening her mouth even when asked a question she will be perfect.

Aylinato

Ronda-Rousey-Captain-Marvel-Featured.jpg

As many know in Ronda Rousey's AMA on Reddit she expressed that she would love to play Captain Marvel in the MCU. Most brushed it off but slowly interest seems to be building. The newest person to publicly campaign for her? Kevin Smith. Here's what he had to say

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/18/kevin-smith-ronda-rousey-superhero-movie/

Well as we know Ronda doesn't have the strongest acting skills in the world so I don't see it happening. But thought it was pretty interesting Kevin Smith is openly campaigning for her.

Let's keep out conspiracy nuts.

She thinks the school shooting in the south never happened and that 9/11 was an inside job

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Thankfully Hollywood doesn't give a shit about Kevin Smith anymore, right?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hate this kind of casting. People look for an actor that bears a resemblance and has the same hair color. Like hair dye doesn't exist.

Physically, yeah she would be great for pretty much any of the female heavyweight heroes. But she can't act. I'd rather they find someone that can nail the performance and then take them to the gym for a few months over trying to give someone acting lessons on a major film project.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
She should have a role like Batista got, something that's in her range and doesn't rest the movie on her shoulders. I think she'd be fun in a superhero or villain role as a muscle type character, but probably not a s lead.

Agree with this.

It's a marvel movie... not exactly the highest form of art here. Wouldn't have a problem with her playing a smaller role.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
is the non American world even aware of who she is

I mean, I only know her from the 3048 threads on here

She has the look, if Marvel only intends to have Captain Marvel standing in the background not opening her mouth even when asked a question she will be perfect.

or capitan marvel smelling shit or something similar because its the only face she can put

She should have a role like Batista got, something that's in her range and doesn't rest the movie on her shoulders. I think she'd be fun in a superhero or villain role as a muscle type character, but probably not as a lead.

Yeah she could be really fun in a superhero movie. Agreed a role on the level of Batista would be fun. She could certainly deliver on the action.

MCU has used a UFC fighter already, GSP in Winter Soldier

batroc-the-leaper-1430930656.gif

I hate this kind of casting. People look for an actor that bears a resemblance and has the same hair color. Like hair dye doesn't exist.

Physically, yeah she would be great for pretty much any of the female heavyweight heroes. But she can't act. I'd rather they find someone that can nail the performance and then take them to the gym for a few months over trying to give someone acting lessons on a major film project.

GAF casting directors have a short memory. It stretches back to the last 1 or 2 films they saw in theaters.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
What has she been in? And eh there are so many super hero movies at this point that it probably doesn't matter if she cant act.

Salsa

I dug the Emily Blunt idea

made me think of John Krasinski being super close but not gettin the cap america gig and suddenly his wife gets in the MCU

jimofficestare.gif

Mortemis

Banned
If we lived in a world where looking the part also means you can act the part, sure.

But we all know it doesn't work like that.

Madness

We are past looking the part being enoug, we can do better

Plus she can't act

Yeah. The amount of money and the sheer commitment needed, there are probably a million actresses who can look the part and do a much better job acting. Just because she's an MMA fighter means what? She's not going to literally beat people in the movie, it's acting. Don't know why people think their popularity should afford them key roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom