• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronda Rousey wants to be cast as Captain Marvel, Kevin Smith and Thanos Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The only real choice is Emily Blunt. We all know this. Sorry Ronda.

Yep Emily Blunt even looks great with a short hair cut and we've seen her get ripped for a role.

Get it done Disney before the Ronda Rousey fanbase become like Trump supporters organize and she has to be taken seriously for the role

She looks the part, but she's not the best actress, potentially with some work perhaps she could do it, but is it in Marvels best interests to try and do that?

I'd just cast Emily Blunt, she was the first choice for Black Widow but commitments meant she couldn't do it, now its time to give her a role, and you know she would kick as as Carol Danvers

Well, she certainly has both, the looks and the body for that.

About her acting skills ... don't know. Haven't seen F&F 7, i can only speak for the stuff she did in Expendables ... and you don't really need acting in The Expendables at all. Wasn't a big role, too.

There is always a possibility that one might just nail a certain character ... or gets better with more experience/some acting lessons ...
But i think a qualified actress buffing up brings faster results. :)

Bishop89

uughh... no thanks

tumblr_nldt4lp4XM1u4k8v7o1_500.gif

Rather an actress train for 6 months than have her butcher it.

Yeah, I hate Sackhoff's acting. Don't know why. It's not like Rousey's going to win any oscars any time soon, but I enjoy her on screen. I do not enjoy Sackhoff on screen.

Rousey would kill this movie. As in it'd be awful.

Sackhoff might not be greatest ever but at least she did Starbuck well.

Maximus.

She needs acting classes and learn to relax. I think she can do it. But she needs some serious acting classes. Why not? 1 Year of acting Classes. Studying the role.

You could tell in Expendables 3 and Furious 7 that she is super uncomfortable.

Well yea she's like a completely normal person being put into a situation she has no training. She needs to be taught how to act. Watching her videos of her outside of the ring shows that she has an awesome personality, she just needs to time adjust to that potential career path.

Empty

the video in the op link where the quote comes from is hilarious. i think it's meant to look like kevin smith is being ambushed by a pap at an airport but it's clearly set up so he can deliver his spiel while looking relevant. but what really makes it is him putting on the sunglasses on half way through. cringe.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well yea she's like a completely normal person being put into a situation she has no training. She needs to be taught how to act. Watching her videos of her outside of the ring shows that she has an awesome personality, she just needs to time adjust to that potential career path.

Possibly, but if she chooses that. Her MMA career is done. Arnold was done with bodybuilding by the time he broke out. And that was after about 10 years of trying with smaller roles/non speaking roles. Same goes with for the Rock, where hes been a guest wrestler for the past decade or so.

Apt101

That's all well and good but I don't think she's a very good actress, and it would probably come off as a low-effort stunt to the average movie goer. Or maybe not. What do I know?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, she does have a superpower called "dodging a fight with Cris Cyborg", so there's that...

Dana White said that a Cyborg/Rousey fight could generate about 2.5 million PPV buys. It's gonna happen, Dana White would be colossally moronic to pass up that $$$.

Cheebo

Banned
Seriously, does anyone really think Disney would hire someone who goes around calling the parents of the kids who were murdered in Sandy Hook liars and that it was faked by the Obama to take away guns the LEAD role in one of their super hero movies?

Disney isn't going to touch that sort of wacko in a big public way like this.

El Topo

We will see, cause she never took off in comics

I'm not much of a comic fan, but if the few Captain Marvel comics I've read are any indication, it would certainly help if they came up with stories that don't feel utterly boring and bland.
Completely put me off, despite the nice art. Just so...bland.

Majanew

Banned
Thanos does not agree!

Ronda was terrible in Expendables 3. That dumb look on her face... so bad. She didn't look mean or tough, just looked like a person that can't act because... she can't.

And keep Katee Sackhoff the hell away, too.

Slayven

I'm not much of a comic fan, but if the few Captain Marvel comics I've read are any indication, it would certainly help if they came up with stories that don't feel utterly boring and bland.
Completely put me off, despite the nice art. Just so...bland.

That is Carol. Only person to turn the Captain Marvel name into a borefest.

Chuckie

Not bad, she looks good. I don't watch vikings so I got to ask can she act?

She plays an awesome Viking shield maiden. But that is all I know her for so I don't know if she could do other roles. But for me it seems enough.

Edit: Wait I have also seen her in some crappy Hellraiser part XIV or something.... but I cannot remember her acting in that one.

Busty

Banned
Ronda has the profile to make this huge deal in the media etc but she would flounder in the role. She doesn't have the range to carry a film beyond being the strong, silent action star and Disney knows it.

While Rousey is popular with men and women (very rare in terms of appealing to an audience) she doesn't feel like a good fit for the Disney/Marvel brand. Can you seriously see Disney throwing their weight behind an MMA fighter for one of their potential new franchises?

Nah.

If you're gonna mention Judy Greer you might as well put Jodie Foster and Meryl Streep in the conversation.

MEOW!

..., pretty funny though. :)

Blunt and Winnick could bring Danvers to life, give her a bit more flavour.

Rousey...eh. They're just large-scale Saturday morning action cartoons anyway (which is a big plus to me) so she could fit the bill but don't know if she'd nail it. If Captain Marvel shits the bed in any way they're gonna get flak for it; one more "risk" they'd take with giving it to Rousey. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Cruise could've been Stark, which is not analogous but just as weird with the RDJ imprint we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom