• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROUTINE has been RE-Revealed | Coming to XSX/S, XBO and PC (and Gamepass)

Draugoth

Gold Member

FU1NQ7aXsAAyhx1
FU1NIW4WUBI9wnu

Last edited:
Damn, remember voting for this on steam greenlight back then. Thought it was dead. But Routine was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the trailer. Looking good and improved!

I tried looking up this game a few weeks back but gave up because I couldn't for the life of me remember the name. Can't believe its still being made, but happily surprised.

DeepSpace5D

I was very hyped about this game when it was announced but it has been a long time since then.

It’s nice to see that the game wasn’t canned. I’ll give it a playthrough for sure.

Stuart360

Graphics look amazing, even better than The Callisto Protocol. Although that game basically being Dead Space 4 means i want it more than this.
This is on the radar though.

Lognor

Banned
I never heard of this before but it looks pretty cool. Definitely interested, especially with it being on game pass

Arachnid

Cool, I thought this game was dead. I used to be legit hyped for it back in the day. Can't really muster the same enthusiasm a decade later though. It better be some top shelf horror with how much time they've had to work on it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remember the trailer from 10 years back, good to see it finally releasing. It really nailed that 80's idea of what the future would be like, where machines still make the noises as they load data.

Apocryphon

IIRC this game is/was being developed by a group of grads from the University of Central Lancashire. Think it had gone though a couple of iterations... I remember reading that they were exploring moving it to VR. Looks like MS game though though and I couldn't be happier.

The alpha build foitage from almost a decade ago still gets me excited. It was originally slated for release close to Alien Isolation and I had assumed it had been pushed back to avoid being directly compared to it. Then I forgot it existed for a while...

I will very likely buy this game. Need to see more yet but I'm glad they're still working o it!

IIRC this game is/was being developed by a group of grads from the University of Central Lancashire. Think it had gone though a couple of iterations... I remember reading that they were exploring moving it to VR. Looks like MS game though though and I couldn't be happier.

The alpha build foitage from almost a decade ago still gets me excited. It was originally slated for release close to Alien Isolation and I had assumed it had been pushed back to avoid being directly compared to it. Then I forgot it existed for a while...

I will very likely buy this game. Need to see more yet but I'm glad they're still working o it!

Jesus christ. I nearly had a heart attack just watching this shit. How can people play stuff like this!?

Apocryphon

Jesus christ. I nearly had a heart attack just watching this shit. How can people play stuff like this!?
It's the atmosphere that sells it. I loved Alien Isolation for much the same reason, particularly in VR. I was never really that bothered about the alien itself though, I found the synthetics to be far scarier. This looks like my kind of game. I'm hoping for a cross between Alien Isolation, and the original Half Life in terms of atmosphere, world building and sound design.

marjo

This looks (and sounds) amazing. I hope the trailer is representative of what the game is actually like. If so, this just jumped to the top of my most anticipated list.

Varteras

Gold Member
I couldn't help but think about you today when they showed more Callisto Protocol. I wondered if you even bothered watching it and how much you threw up if you did lol

Top Bottom