• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 now has a total of ZERO games in the Nothing status. This means that all known games and applications at least boot on the emulator

martino

DifferentInfatuatedCurassow-size_restricted.gif

Kadve

The other day I was playing Dante's inferno, the game is actually awesome, and at 4K 60fps looks fantastic. Back then people gave it the finger because it was a GOW clone but the actual game is great.

Well, its a middle finger to the book but lets be honest here. The guy was a pompous jerk who vented his frustration with the world by writing hate fics (that people for some reason seem to think is an actual description of the Christan afterlife).

Also, the final levels of the game were seriously disappointing. The other bits were nice though and one of the better GOW clones.

As for RPCS3, Nice work guys. Now its just the hard part of actually making the games playable.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Well, its a middle finger to the book but lets be honest here. The guy was a pompous jerk who vented his frustration with the world by writing hate fics (that people for some reason seem to think is an actual description of the Christan afterlife).

As for RPCS3, Nice work guys. Now its just the hard part of actually making the games playable.
Tbh I didn't care about the story while I was playing, but the gameplay was a fun ride

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
The new Alder Lake CPU's with a supposedly 40-50% single core IPC increase (over my i9 9900K) & 5.2Ghz clock speeds, Should mean we will finally have a CPU that has the grunt for the most demanding of RPCS3's titles.

My 9900K @5Ghz will often run out of juice in stuff like RDR & The Last Of Us, being unable to maintain their 30fps targets.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Pretty cool, but didn't MVG mams a vide about why it will be impossible for all games to become playable? I mean, I don't like the idea of impossible, so this is good news.

yurinka

Good stuff. There was a time when nobody would say we could emulate The almighty super perfect Cell.
It remains being the case. Booting a game doesn't mean it's properly emulated.

Means it boots, but still can crash later even before showing the intro or to have other big issues. Notice over 1100 games (over a third of the total and include the Uncharteds, The Last of Us, GoW games...) don't have the 'playable' status.

Last edited:
I'm torn on if I should play through Demon's Souls on rpcs3 or wait for the PC release of the remake since it was part of the Steam leak and they seem to all get confirmed lately?

Guilty_AI

Means it boots, but still can crash later even before showing the intro or to have other big issues. Notice over 1100 games (over a third of the total and include the Uncharteds, The Last of Us, GoW games...) don't have the 'playable' status.
A lot of the ones you mentioned dont have playable status because they drop to the 20s fps in some scenes. Aside from that, they are usually pretty playable.

Still taking a shitload of grunt to emulate 15+ year old hardware though.
Has always been the case for emulators. We still dont have a proper Sega Saturn emulator.

SNG32

Great progress for the emulator especially on complicated hardware like the PS3. I expect emulation for the PS4 will be alot faster since especially with the progress the spine emulator has been making.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'm torn on if I should play through Demon's Souls on rpcs3 or wait for the PC release of the remake since it was part of the Steam leak and they seem to all get confirmed lately?

RPCS3 mate. I was able to put 100 hours around a year ago with a lowly FX6300. Some drops and soundtracks here and there but very playable. I think there's even a mod to play online.

Aesius

The original looks great on RPCS3 at 4K 60 FPS. There's even some graphical/lighting mods that make it look even better.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My processor of choice runs this well I just gloat about it.

Separate from that, great progress continues.

WolfusFh

The other day I was playing Dante's inferno, the game is actually awesome, and at 4K 60fps looks fantastic. Back then people gave it the finger because it was a GOW clone but the actual game is great.
Eh, if we go by that logic, isn't GOW and every other hack n slash games just DMC clones? I hate this "game clone" label when the game simply share general design similarities.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Eh, if we go by that logic, isn't GOW and every other hack n slash games just DMC clones? I hate this "game clone" label when the game simply share general design similarities
Ninja Gaiden had a different style, DMC had a different style and GOW had a different style. Dante's Inferno didn't mimic Ninja Gaiden nor DMC.

Yes I know. But it will take a long time for the emulator to mature.

The fact we have even began to see this is impressive, although emulation will never be perfect.

Holammer

Funny how the PS3 and 360 were so complex they got especially tricky to emulate, meanwhile new Switch games get emulated at 8k/60fps right out the gate.

Guilty_AI

Funny how the PS3 and 360 were so complex they got especially tricky to emulate, meanwhile new Switch games get emulated at 8k/60fps right out the gate.
Apparently the architecture of nintendo consoles are all similar between each other so progress is usually much faster, not to mention their hardware is always underpowered which also might make things easier.

Holammer

Apparently the architecture of nintendo consoles are all similar between each other so progress is usually much faster, not to mention their hardware is always underpowered which also might make things easier.
Yep, but Switch got nothing in common with the PowerPC used in previous consoles. Instead they went with an incredibly well documented CPU which already had a lot of enthusiasts tinkering with it on the Nvidia Shield.
Turned progress into the emulation equivalent of a speedrun.

Loop Trump GIF

Most games running on FPGA are 1:1

RPCS3, Duckstation, CEMU and Yuzu can run games better than original hardware - and it's only going to get better from here.
"Better" with bugs, you phillistine.

FPGA can get it right a lot, but not always, and rpcs3 isn't that.

Top Bottom