• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RSC2 needs a radio dial damnit!

Game would be flawless if I could change the song in race, not that I have much time to do that, and hell it might even be a bad idea, but I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Great game RSC2 is, even w/ PS2-ish road textures. The damage model is sick.

Gregory

Banned
I`ll never understand why people even want music in racing games. Especially rally games. Turning off the music is the first thing I do in racing games.

jedimike

Gregory said:
I`ll never understand why people even want music in racing games. Especially rally games. Turning off the music is the first thing I do in racing games.

Actually, I think a really great song can improve your time while a bad song can distract you and kill your time. PGR2 had a nice interface for changing songs on the fly. Hitting the white button changed songs.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
PS2-ish road textures? *scratches noggin* Huh?

Maybe it's me being used to playing RSC1 on the PC, but the road textures look sh!tty. In fact, most of the roadside textures look 'blah'. Muddy. I love the game still, but you kinda have to notice how unarticulated the road textures are.

Solid

jedimike said:
Actually, I think a really great song can improve your time while a bad song can distract you and kill your time. PGR2 had a nice interface for changing songs on the fly. Hitting the white button changed songs.
True. I really like that Burnout 2 had custom soundtrack too. The original soundtrack was not good.

Gregory said:

Seriously. RSC2 is supposed to be a fairly realistic game, and you don't listen to music while racing in real life. It just detracts from the experience for me. However, in games like the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, the music adds to the experience for me.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
DaCocoBrova said:
Maybe it's me being used to playing RSC1 on the PC, but the road textures look sh!tty. In fact, most of the roadside textures look 'blah'. Muddy. I love the game still, but you kinda have to notice how unarticulated the road textures are.

Never noticed them, honestly. Shit flys by so fast I hardly ever notice anything except the next turn. Well, that and the trees. Ah, the trees.

Also, turning off music is the very 1st thing I do in any racing game not named F-Zero GX. Gotta hear the gears and the engine!

FightyF

Banned
I turn off the music in games like GT3...because the sfx are the best in any racer...plus the music sucks.

When it comes to Custom Soundtrack games...I just can't help it. I played PGR2 without music not too long ago and was amazed by it's sfx (not as good as GT's though).

Yeah, the radio dial setup in PGR2 is the benchmark for games that use CS.

Kudie

jedimike said:

I never thought about that. Come to think of it, a bad song can kill my times as it does nothing but distract me in a negative way. Come GT4, I may just turn off the music like many of you guys if the game does not have the option to change music on the fly. Besides, the drivers do not listen to music in real life either.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The Faceless Master said:
when i have a good song on in a racing game, i somehow get more immersed into the game and play better...

EXACTLY! I've been using this for years!

djm300-01-da7fe332ebcfe6b510d45947cdc71a0a.jpg

Nothin like zooming around the oval track in Rage Racer to Route66 by Depeche Mode :)

eso76

Actually i'd like a team multyplayer xbox live mode where one drives and the other player is the co-pilot; he would see a detailed map of the track and..well, act as a co-pilot.
No one would probably ever want to do that, but it would be...uhm...interesting. Unless.

Top Bottom