• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: TLOU2 (PS5)

RPS37

I took a break from The Last of Us Pt. 2 before the PS5 released and then I got an XSX and got caught up playing Xbox games for months.

I didn’t want to finish the game until I could play it at it best, so I waited for a PS5.
I finally got one at the beginning of the month and I honestly feel like I’m playing a PS5 game.
It’s great.
I’m like 20 hours in
I just got Abby’s backpack back and I’m headed to the Ferris wheel
How much longer do I have?

Butch_0451

Naughty Dog are usually lazy with their next gen patches, does anyone think they’ll do a proper next-gen patch besides the 60 FPS patch that they’ve a released?

RPS37

Naughty Dog are usually lazy with their next gen patches, does anyone think they’ll do a proper next-gen patch besides the 60 FPS patch that they’ve a released?

“Lazy” = free

The game already looks amazing

Yeah the whole point of the thread was me trying to say that it’s a good enough looking game, that it doesn’t need another patch.

Uncharted 4, on the other hand, I feel like the patch isn’t even going to do that much difference to the original game.

kyliethicc

I took a break from The Last of Us Pt. 2 before the PS5 released and then I got an XSX and got caught up playing Xbox games for months.

I didn’t want to finish the game until I could play it at it best, so I waited for a PS5.
I finally got one at the beginning of the month and I honestly feel like I’m playing a PS5 game.
It’s great.
I’m like 20 hours in
I just got Abby’s backpack back and I’m headed to the Ferris wheel
How much longer do I have?
Glad you're enjoying it. I love the game.

Its not a spoiler for you given where you're at, but just in case I'll tag it for other people.

You play through all 3 days in Seattle as Abby, obviously. Sounds like you're near the end of day 1 roughly. The cliffhanger at the theater between Ellie and Abby comes at the end of day 3 of course.

Won't say anything more. You've got many hours ahead.

I did a second play through as well post PS5 update. The graphics and gameplay are great, may do a third play through. Too bad the story sections are so boring and often cringe to slog through.

RPS37

I did a second play through as well post PS5 update. The graphics and gameplay are great, may do a third play through. Too bad the story sections are so boring and often cringe to slog through.

I like when the game “slows down” because during the fights, the game gives me mad anxiety.
I’m like “I’m just gonna run around this store scavenging for supplies just a little bit longer”

J3nga

The picture could be crispier, textures higher res, faster loading times. I'm playing Spider-Man remastered right now and that game is more impressive technically. Very sharp picture on RT performance mode, insanely fast loading times.

RPS37

Partway through Day 2 as Abby. It’s crazy how the game basically starts over at some point with her, like Metroid lose all abilities and gain em back
I’m really loving the shit out of this game now.
Also not even dreading combat sections at this point. Feeling really damn formidable.

Ellery

Partway through Day 2 as Abby. It’s crazy how the game basically starts over at some point with her, like Metroid lose all abilities and gain em back
I’m really loving the shit out of this game now.
Also not even dreading combat sections at this point. Feeling really damn formidable.

I think the gameplay and combat in TLOU2 is one of the most underrated things ever. They even nailed that Abby and Ellie feel very different to play. You should try getting close to a ledge with Abby and looking down from greater height. Cool little detail.

It just feels perfect to me. The gameplay has weight, but doesn't feel arduous. It is grounded and makes sense in this world. The animations are top notch.

I honestly wouldn't want to have it any other way. The benchmark in third person shooting for me (given the design, setting and the nature of the game).

mxbison

I'll definitely do another playthrough soon.

Will probably skip some cutscenes but really want to do all those combat encounters again, they are so freaking good. Easily best in the genre.

It's a shame retards had to turn this game into some political shitshow because of the size of Abby's biceps. It deserves a lot more attention for the great combat gameplay, considering that was one of the main criticism of earlier ND games.

RPS37

Will probably skip some cutscenes but really want to do all those combat encounters again, they are so freaking good. Easily best in the genre.

It's a shame retards had to turn this game into some political shitshow because of the size of Abby's biceps. It deserves a lot more attention for the great combat gameplay, considering that was one of the main criticism of earlier ND games.

Is it bad that I was just about to make a joke about this?

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Bernardougf

Gold Member

Oh... Im very sorry I didnt like the video game you love, if I say I liked, can I be a special boy like you ?

Last edited:

Kerotan

Eventually for sure but could take over a year. I'd like to do a 3rd play through but I'm holding out for a directors cut type upgrade.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Was there anything in his post that got under your skin? :pie_thinking:
Oh.. another special boy... can I be in your boyband if i say I loooooved last of us 2 ?

.... its a video game ... you guys liked .. it won hundreds of awards... but theres a lot of people that dont like it, grow up and deal with it.. instead of calling other people retarded because they dont share your point of view ... specially with strawman arguments

But I can do it too .. wanna see ?

"Last Of us 2 its a peace of s*** story based game with some of the worst story telling I ever see ... and those retarded fanboys that liked are dragging the industry to the same shithole the movies have gone ... "

See ? I can also call others retarded just because I dont agree with their opinions.... its not cool and its stupid.. but anyone can do it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Yes it looks as good as a native PS5 game. I'll probably play the game another time when they patch the story.
How would you patch it? :lollipop_grinning:

Closest thing I could think of is going the Resident Evil 2 way with an Elly and Abby route (Route C with the the Rattlers after you beat either Elly or Abby's)

Ellery

Oh.. another special boy... can I be in your boyband if i say I loooooved last of us 2 ?

.... its a video game ... you guys liked .. it won hundreds of awards... but theres a lot of people that dont like it, grow up and deal with it.. instead of calling other people retarded because they dont share your point of view ... specially with strawman arguments

But I can do it too .. wanna see ?

"Last Of us 2 its a peace of s*** story based game with some of the worst story telling I ever see ... and those retarded fanboys that liked are dragging the industry to the same shithole the movies have gone ... "

See ? I can also call others retarded just because I dont agree with their opinions.... its not cool and its stupid.. but anyone can do it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Whatever you feel like mate.

Great game and my favorite of all time in nearly all regards. Absolutely love it. Sad that you don't, but that is fine too.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Whatever you feel like mate.

Great game and my favorite of all time in nearly all regards. Absolutely love it. Sad that you don't, but that is fine too.
Yeah, unfortunatly, because the first one is one of my favorite games of all time and I have played it dont know how many times.

But it is what it is .... glad so many people enjoy it ... from a technical point of view is incredible

Peace ✌🏻

Last edited:

Valt7786

The fact that people would like another merry joel ellie adventure is exploding my mind.
You have that. It's the first game.
Why not try something new, different, unique? especially with a dangerous world of tlou2
modern family lesbians GIF

I platinum’d TLOU2 and it was a great ride, the game really gets unnecessary hate. I wasn’t too fond of the ending, but, overall, it was a lot of fun to play through.

SteadyEvo

Just made it out of the hospital.
So much for not getting anxious during combat. 😂
The story and walking sections are welcomed after the tense combat. I too just left the hospital earlier.

All the environments are so well done and detailed. It’s a joy to check every building looking for supplies.

Exactly! The best game I've played in my life as a whole period...The whole package is cohesive...10/10 masterpiece.

RPS37

Random aside: I started reading all of the notes in the game originally just for safe combinations, now I’m doing it because I enjoy the story.

Might’ve never done this in a game ever.

buenoblue

The game hasn't held up like I thought it would for me in ps5. It looks a little low res and the textures not quite there. Weird cause I was wowed by the game in PS4. Gow and horizon look great though at 60fps, but I think there res is higher. I do play on a 75 inch 4k screen though so resolution does stand out a bit more.

kyliethicc

Random aside: I started reading all of the notes in the game originally just for safe combinations, now I’m doing it because I enjoy the story.

Might’ve never done this in a game ever.
They're excellently written indeed. Same with Ellie's journal.

Lot of cool lore / foreshadowing bits to read. I enjoyed that stuff a lot.

Schmick

I've just finished the Last of Us 2! What a ride!

This game is fantastic a clear 10 out of 10. Its got everything you could possible want in a game. Great graphics, compelling story and satisfying game play. The game has some of the most intense moments I've ever had to experience in a game, in particular Abby's visit to the hospital in search for surgical gear.

One thing though...

Was anyone else pissed off with Ellie at the end? I mean, Abby just wanted to get away after the shit she and Lev went through! I guess Ellie just felt immense guilt for the way she treated Joel and felt compelled to avenge him. But come on... leaving your partner and baby, leaving the farm (paradise). I don't think I have ever felt anger towards a character that you actually take control of. I didn't want to kill Abby at the end let alone hurt her but I had no choice.

Valt7786

I feel that was kinda the point of that section. To make you hate/pissed off with Ellie, 'cause Druckman wanted you to sympathise with his precious creation at the end. Plus the whole "cycle of revenge = bad" moral of the story. I think it would have been a better ending if Ellie did actually kill Abby, then come to the realisation that it was all for nothing. It cost her everything and gained her nothing in the end.

Ellery

Wouldn't say I was pissed at Ellie, because I am super biased towards her and love every single second she is on screen in any TLOU game.
(I know what you mean from a perspective standpoint. It seems like Ellie was the one who continued the cycle of hatred. Which she then eventually broke)

She went through a lot and I think was kills her inside is that she didn't get the chance to forgive Joel.

Last edited:

MikeM

Yeah. Ellie’s choice near the end was my “wtf are you doing” moment. And then all for what? To let Abby walk at the end? Lol ok.

Haggard

Banned
There were several decisions of characters that felt more than just a little forced over the course of the game.
Nevertheless one of the best you can play on ps4, just not at the same level as the predecessor in terms of writing.

dcmk7

Banned
Loved my time with the game and the whole story, was fortunate enough to avoid all the early leaks.

RPS37

Rhetorical…when does this game end?!
I thought for sure I was playing the epilogue now someone is grabbing guns and a backpack all over again.
Lmao.

Edit: My save file is at almost 29 hours and I just got to Cali, how much longer do I have left?

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

Rhetorical…when does this game end?!
I thought for sure I was playing the epilogue now someone is grabbing guns and a backpack all over again.
Lmao.

Edit: My save file is at almost 29 hours and I just got to Cali, how much longer do I have left?
Less than 2 hours

Just finished a minute ago. What a ride! I went in with an open mind after hearing some shit on the story. Throughout the journey I was wondering when story would go down the drain. Never happened. I loved it.

And I liked Abby. Had the strangest boner during her boat scene with Owen. So passionate. We’ll done Naughty Dog. They’re up there with Quantic Dreams where I’ll play whatever they release.

gatti-man

I really hated this game. It takes a pretty horrible story to annoy me so bad I can’t finish a game that’s actually fun to play. That’s quite the achievement.

Top Bottom