• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: TLOU2 (PS5)

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
One thing though...

Was anyone else pissed off with Ellie at the end?

I couldn't fault her.

While it appeared that she had a good life on the farm, she was still struggling mentally. I think going to Cali finally gave her some closure and she was finally able to move on.

I really need to play this. I have it, and it should be right up my alley...

But I've tried to play part 1 on four separate occasions now and I just can't finish it. I'd go as far as to say I hate the gameplay. I love the setting and the story, but the game just doesn't click with me. At this point I should probably just watch a story recap on Youtube and dive in, hoping it's sufficiently different, because I can't face another run at Pt.1. There is precedent here with them for me, I hated Uncharted 1 but enjoyed 2 and 3 a lot more, before it fell off a cliff again with 4.

kyliethicc

The entire point of Ellie's arc post-Seattle is that she's stuck self-loathing.

The venture out to Cali is really to try to end her own guilt and self-hatred. Abby is just what Ellie thinks will end it.

But when she finally has the chance to kill Abby, and knows she can, she realized it wouldn't fix shit. Her issues were between herself and Joel, about how she reacted to Joel's lies. The 2 year break in their relationship. Killing people can't make her feel any better about how she wasted her last years with the father she loved.

The epilogue sees her coming to terms with her guilty self-loathing, about how she treated Joel, and trying to finally forgive herself.

I found the whole story strikingly human and real. Its quite a relatable story.

Last edited:

Neff

Oh.. another special boy... can I be in your boyband if i say I loooooved last of us 2 ?

4tyXR3.jpg

The entire point of Ellie's arc post-Seattle is that she's stuck self-loathing.

The venture out to Cali is really to try to end her own guilt and self-hatred. Abby is just what Ellie thinks will end it.

But when she finally has the chance to kill Abby, and knows she can, she realized it wouldn't fix shit. Her issues were between herself and Joel, about how she reacted to Joel's lies. The 2 year break in their relationship. Killing people can't make her feel any better about how she wasted her last years with the father she loved.

The epilogue sees her coming to terms with her guilty self-loathing, about how she treated Joel, and trying to finally forgive herself.

I found the whole story strikingly human and real. Its quite a relatable story.

You nailed it. It's amazing how many people don't get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom