• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Tormented Souls - A Great (?) Homage to Classic Survival Horror Games

From what I've played, the environments look fantastic.

But the main character looks like a wax doll. I wish they put in a little more detail there, and yes I know it's a small indie game .. but the UE4 library seemed to have delivered amazingly well for the environmental assets at least. Wish it had done the same for character models as well.
For real the characrer model just plain sucks

fart town usa

Gold Member
This game rules.

I bought it a few months ago but didn't put much time into it. Started a new game tonight and put in 4-5 hours just now.

Some of the puzzles are a bit of a head scratcher. Not gonna lie, had to look up how to get the scalpel and the skeleton button thing.

Surprised to read about your struggles with the save system adamsapple adamsapple , I've saved twice so far and have 9 or 10 tapes in my inventory, lol. I seem to be pretty solid with ammo too, not low at all. Just ran into the priest after his arm was ripped off. I'll probably finish the game tomorrow, I'm having a blast with it.

Game is gorgeous, OST is great, legit scares/atmosphere. It is much more intense/dark than the art style initially led me to believe, it's almost got a cartoonish vibe to it. I really like the lead girls expressions in certain cutscenes and the full frontal nudity in the beginning, lol. Lighting system is great too and clever with how it plays into the combat. For me, the game is really easy so far in terms of combat. Auto-aim in fixed camera games more of less break the game IMO, especially when the game itself controls well (like this one does). Not necessarily a complaint from me cause it definitely makes the game more approachable for people who aren't familiar with mechanics that were considered difficult 20+ years ago, lol.

Tormented Souls and Lamentum are the two best PSX era throwbacks that I've played so far. Lamentum is another that I need to start a new game on and actually finish.

Xeaker

Just got a gamebreaking bug with the elevator. I am stuck and have to restart the whole game!
Turned off the power in 2F and went down with elevator and saved, now the elevator is not opening anymore GG
How is there such a big bug still in the game, unbelieveable. :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just got a gamebreaking bug with the elevator. I am stuck and have to restart the whole game!
Turned off the power in 2F and went down with elevator and saved, now the elevator is not opening anymore GG
How is there such a big bug still in the game, unbelieveable. :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:
Might not be a bug.

Try turning the power back on, ride the elevator down and then push the table into the elevator to keep the door open, then turn the power off.

Xeaker

Might not be a bug.

Try turning the power back on, ride the elevator down and then push the table into the elevator to keep the door open, then turn the power off.
It is a bug. I turned the power off in 2F, took the elevator down to 1F and saved. Now if I go back to the elevator it is gone and I can't call him down.
I can't reach 2F anymore because I turned the power off. I don't feel like doing everything again, tried to replay it but quit after 20 minutes.
Will sell this game again sadly. Dev's need to fix shit like this.

fart town usa

Gold Member
It is a bug. I turned the power off in 2F, took the elevator down to 1F and saved. Now if I go back to the elevator it is gone and I can't call him down.
I can't reach 2F anymore because I turned the power off. I don't feel like doing everything again, tried to replay it but quit after 20 minutes.
Will sell this game again sadly. Dev's need to fix shit like this.
I believe you but I still feel like there might be something you're overlooking. Maybe try watching some YouTube clips before selling the game?

I only say that cause the puzzles in the game can be pretty damn obtuse, I also had trouble with the elevator and some other puzzles.

I still need to go back and finish it, I'm probably 50% done.

Xeaker

I believe you but I still feel like there might be something you're overlooking. Maybe try watching some YouTube clips before selling the game?

I only say that cause the puzzles in the game can be pretty damn obtuse, I also had trouble with the elevator and some other puzzles.

I still need to go back and finish it, I'm probably 50% done.

I can even replicate that bug it's easy. Just turn the power off from 2F and ride the elevator down. Continue playing and it will bug later.
I speedrun today the game again until the point there I was before, took 40 minutes but I fast 4 hours faster than before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom