• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4000 could release in July or August

In my books [top-mounted PSUs] actually works better because these days GPUs while gaming are the hottest part of the PC and having basically nothing below them and fresh air from under and front should give it amazing thermals.

makes me think of the old antec cases. those were cool.
ChieftecDBMslike_1.jpg

i now have some glass cube case monstrosity that has two chambers (each chamber has its own set of intake and exhaust fans): one chamber for the CPU/GPU/mobo (left side), and one for the PSU and storage (right side).

the CPU/GPU side has intake from the bottom too.

anidees-ai-crystal-cube-image-1.png

(^ without any panels)

good airflow, but that sucker is big and heavy.

hlm666

makes me think of the old antec cases. those were cool.
ChieftecDBMslike_1.jpg
Wow I had that case same colour and all, The door over the drive bays was pretty sturdy but I still managed break it off. It's also the case that housed my only power supply to ever blow up (not related to the door breaking off).

winjer

Gold Member

Join NVIDIA’s CEO and senior leaders to get a glimpse into the future of AI-infused virtual worlds. Discover the research and technology that power these worlds and how they open new frontiers for artistic expression and creativity or perfectly replicate nature’s.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

This time around, Kopite is revealing the performance of RTX 4080 and RTX 4070 models, both of which are expected after RTX 4090 makes a debut somewhere in early Q4. He noted that those scores are based on previously mentioned specs, which in this case means AD103 GPU with 10240 CUDA cores for RTX 4080 and AD104 GPU with 7168 CUDA cores for the RTX 4070.

If those scores were correct, then RTX 4070 would be just as fast as RTX 3090 and Radeon RX 6900XT in the same test. The RTX 4080, on the other hand would be almost twice as fast as the RTX 3080.

GymWolf

If i'm lucky they are gonna make the conference while i'm in ams, imagine watching cg jensen explaining why it just work while being highly medicated :lollipop_squinting:

Hot5pur

I don't know where that article got 4080 2X faster than 3080, if you actually go look at the timespy extreme scores for a 3080, it can get up to 12000.
I'm going to guess the real performance is like 40-50% better.
Here is an article that is a little closer to reality.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I don't know where that article got 4080 2X faster than 3080, if you actually go look at the timespy extreme scores for a 3080, it can get up to 12000.
I'm going to guess the real performance is like 40-50% better.
Here is an article that is a little closer to reality.
yeah I think they are confused by how multipliers work... if that time spy score is right we're talking around 40% improvement...

Ellery

Price/perf of the 4080 is gonna be interesting.

Basically I am going to look at MSRP for my region first. Then I check the usual 3rd party / independent benchmark website reviews and videos and see where the 4080 performs in both DLSS/RTX and non DLSS/RTX scenarios. After that I'll look at the noise, temp, and especially power draw.
Nvidia won't be able to price those cards too high, because 30 series prices are falling through the floor right now seeing some models well below MSRP in europe and the US. And at that point with full shelves you are competing with yourself as well and if the 3080 12gb is going to be 500$ in 2 months then you can't sell the 4080 for 1000$.
The whiplash effect hitting Nvidia and AMD pretty hard this time around. I still expect them to probably outsell in the US at least.

Hot5pur

It seems Nvidia is trying to sell off the 30xx but they are not in the rush because 3080 12 GB was selling well at $799.

By the time 4080/4070 actually launches I bet most of the competition will be between the new cards and the used 30xx market. I still think Nvidia could easily price their card at $800, and be like, remember the $1500 3090ti....well it's now almost half price. This gen I think availability will be good so you may not need to wait months to get a card due to scalpers.

Bottom line, buying now is a totally reasonable approach, especially if you can snag a 3080 in the 600-700 range which may happen soon as Nvidia tries to clear stock.

Yerd

I'm hoping for the noctua card getting a price drop or they make a 4070 version I will wait for. I think it's a limited stock card. It still sold out at $1000, though. Right at the time all the price drops started. I could have had it but the price drops would have pissed me off more and I would be unhappy with that purchase.

Top Bottom