• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4000 could release in July or August

winjer

Gold Member

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series now rumored to launch in ‘early Q3’

According to reliable NVIDIA leaker ‘kopite7kimi’, the company might release its new series already in early third quarter, which means either July or August. This is contrary to previous expectations that RTX 40 series could be released in September at the earliest.

One should note that this launch would be closer to RTX 20 series in terms of the release date. The RTX 2080 and Turing series were announced in late August at Gamescom back in 2018. Furthermore, with the RTX 30 generation, NVIDIA did not launch its mid-cycle SUPER series, but opted for several “Ti’ models instead.

If this is true, they are very close.
Even with the the crypto crash and prices for GPUs falling, it's probably just best to wait a couple of months.

DukeNukem00

Banned
I was expecting this around september, same time as Ampere two years ago, but if its sooner, even better. This will enable 4k at 144hz in current games

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
i want one tombstone GIF
Give I Want One GIF

Last edited:

Larogue

May - AMD's 7nm RX 6X50 refresh
June - Intel's 6nm ARC GPUs for desktop
July - NVIDIA's 4nm RTX 4000
August - AMD's 5nm Zen 4 CPU
September - Intel's 7nm 13th Gen CPU
October - AMD's 6nm RX 7000

That's the most realistic scenario in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Launch in July for them to be all bought up by scalpers and miners on day 1, wont be avalible to gamers for 6+ months and when they do become available in 6+ months time the mark up price on them is at least 50%+ of the RRP.

The only good news this brings is that it may free up more RTX 3000 cards

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Hoping it'll be a reasonable price and come in under £600. Fingers crossed!

FingerBang

Nice. If the jump in performance really is as big as Turing -> Ampere, I might go for it. Though my 3080 FE is still a beast, the more FPS at 4K I can get, the better.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

nemiroff

Gold Member
The main deciding factor for me this time will be the TDP. And according to rumors it looks like it's a thumbs down so far (but hoping they're inaccurate). There's no way in hell I'm going to sit in a room playing games with a 800W+ heater in it, my 3080 is already painful enough. But we'll se.

Last edited:

lachesis

I like my FT02 case, so it really depends on the length of the card. 4070 maybe the one that would fit comfortably... but would love to get 4080.

In either case, my next build would be a big gigantic jump from my current one (i7 3930k / GTX 970 / 32gb RAM / SATA SSD)

Klik

Any chance RTX 4080 will be below 1000$?😱

I've just got into PC gaming and its amazing, 144hz blows my mind, accuracy of mouse makes fps games really fun compared to controller.. The best thing is(i hope) i will never ever experience 30fps gaming anymore..Im really happy i made that transition after being on PS4/PS5 for years..

Also, i really like PC communities in games in general. So many people are using mic,chat(text/voice), i really feel like im part of this big community whilst on PS i always felt like a bit "isolated" since very few are using mic, no chat, discussions etc..

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Launch in July for them to be all bought up by scalpers and miners on day 1, wont be avalible to gamers for 6+ months and when they do become available in 6+ months time the mark up price on them is at least 50%+ of the RRP.

The only good news this brings is that it may free up more RTX 3000 cards
Since crypto crashed it shouldn't be a problem getting a card after a month.

Tons of people recently got cards so demand will likely be much less. Prices will probably start high but drop, especially with super refreshes.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'll believe it when I see it. The best indicator will be if there continues to be price drops. When/if you start to see 30 series cards at $699 then you'll know its coming.

The 30 series was announced on September 1, 2020. and started shipping on September 17, 2020.

Assuming cryptocurrency stays where it's at, you could see some 3000 series GPUs flood the used market at really attractive prices.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I've just got into PC gaming and its amazing, 144hz blows my mind, accuracy of mouse makes fps games really fun compared to controller.. The best thing is(i hope) i will never ever experience 30fps gaming anymore..Im really happy i made that transition after being on PS4/PS5 for years..

Also, i really like PC communities in games in general. So many people are using mic,chat(text/voice), i really feel like im part of this big community whilst on PS i always felt like a bit "isolated" since very few are using mic, no chat, discussions etc..
I pick it will have an $899 MSRP. with most costing between $1000 and $1200

nemiroff

Gold Member
DCS with VR does, so some of us do.
In that context: Vulkan support for DCS is supposedly right around the corner. According to rumors it could mean a 3xxxx --> 4xxx like upgrade in performance improvements by itself. We'll see.

Last edited:
I can't wait I got a rx480 that needs replacing, thinking on going with 3060ti.
Is it an 8gb 480?

You should really wait if you can. If you used a 480 for this long, I wouldn't want to be stuck with an 8gb card like 3060ti for as long.

4060 seems up your alley.

Last edited:

JimboJones

Is it an 8gb 480?

You should really wait if you can. If you used a 480 for this long, I wouldn't want to be stuck with an 8gb card like 3060ti for as long.

4060 seems up your alley.
It's a 4GB, I think I'd be content with 8 for a while, but I'll keep the box and card in good condition if I ever need to sell it and get something with a bit more vram down the road.

If he can get one....
👆This is the thing, I don't want to be stuck with an rx480 for another year and a half because prices are crazy or availablity is poor again.

Last edited:
It's a 4GB, I think I'd be content with 8 for a while, but I'll keep the box in good condition if I ever need to sell it and get something with a bit more vram down the road.

👆This is the thing, I don't want to be stuck with an rx480 for another year and a half because prices are crazy or availablity is poor again.
I'll be honest I just hate to see people buying that card, which didn't ship with enough vram lol but you're probably right it'll be a bitch to get 4xxx series.

I'm nervous about it myself even though I have evga elite which should give me a little advantage.

I keep saying I'm going to skip a gpu generation and I never do. I gotta stop.
I feel that.

The question is are there any games you play that your x3D and 3080ti combo leave you wanting more right now?

My problem with 3060 is yes I can do 120fps, but sometimes at 1080p only... I'll be satisfied with 1440p120 minimum, personally.

Last edited:

JimboJones

I'll be honest I just hate to see people buying that card, which didn't ship with enough vram lol but you're probably right it'll be a bitch to get 4xxx series.

I'm nervous about it myself even though I have evga elite which should give me a little advantage.
I know, I was weighing up the rx6650 too but it's 8GB aswell , however it is a good bit cheaper. Still the feature set in the rtx cards kind of swayed me.
I don't think I'd be keeping whatever card I buy for as long as I did the rx480.

amigastar

Cool, nice to see another happy PC consumer.

Top Bottom