• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Development of STALKER 2 is only 25% completed – the game will not be released in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-recebe-novas-imagens-063724.webp

The development of STALKER 2 by GSC Game World is reportedly currently only 25% complete . Such information, with reference to insider Daniel Nexus and “people familiar with a wide range of materials on the game,” leads the publication ” Igromania “.
Beta testers complain about the constant crunches in the studio, there is always a repair and alteration of game materials, the QA test is now at the first stage of three. The art test has not been passed yet, let alone the pass test and beautification
If the information is true, STALKER 2 will not be released in 2023 . The game is being created for Xbox Series X|S and PC . It is planned to be added to the Xbox Game Pass subscription at launch.

source

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Can't be angry about it. These people are in the midst of a war in which they've already lost friends and colleagues. There are more important things than digital toys.

acidagfc

I meeeean the first game was called ЖДАЛКЕР for a reason.
(Wordplay on ЖДАТЬ - to wait, and СТАЛКЕР = Stalker)
It may have been unknown in the west, but the first game was announced way too early in development and delayed a few times.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly with everything they've been through, and ARE going through, I was shocked if it'd even come out this year. I hope everyone can be patient and understand the delay, I mean, it makes more sense than any other delay we've seen before.

nowhat

Considering the real world circumstances, they're fine if they release it in 2025.
This. I mean... there's an actual war of invasion (or a special military operation, a matter of perspective I suppose... although one of those perspectives is bullshit) going on. It will inevitably affect development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom