• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V Already Runs At 60FPS On PC, “Max Payne 3 Team Handling The PC Version

As our dear friends over at Alt-Tab reported, the PC version already runs at 60FPS on the PC according to a Rockstar developer that worked on GTA V’s online mode for all the current-gen platforms.

Unfortunately, the developer did not reveal the specs of Rockstar’s testing machines. Still, let’s not forget that GTA IV had major performance issues even at the top-of-the-line PCs at its time of release.

Moreover, the developer claimed that the team responsible for the PC version of GTA V is no other than the one responsible for Max Payne 3 PC. The PC version of Max Payne 3 was phenomenal, and is described by everyone as one of the best PC versions of any game in recent years. Therefore, it’s good to know that the very same team is bringing us GTA V.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...-pc-max-payne-3-team-handling-the-pc-version/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Excited to finally play this game.

giphy.gif

I so so so hope it is the Max Payne 3 PC team, that game runs like a dream.

1440P 90Hz VR GTA5... The day will come soon.

-griffy-

Banned
"PC version already runs at 60FPS on the PC."

What is that even supposed to mean? Unless the game is broken and locked to 30 then it will run 60 if you have the hardware or adjust the settings to make it so. It's a completely meaningless thing to say, equivalent to "The PC version runs at 1080p." Of course it does, if you have a 1080p monitor and set the resolution to 1080p.

With very little details like that I still am not much wiser.

Did people expect anything else?

Considering GTA IV, I wouldn't have been too surprised.

Some weirdos thought they would repeat GTA IV even after great MP3 version.

And a bad version of Bully. And an absolutely terrible shit version of LA Noire. Hearing that it is the MP3 team brings me confidence, but let's not pretend there is no reason to doubt Rockstar.

Max Payne 3 was extremely well optimized on PC. Though most of the annoying problems and headaches I had with it were Social Club related. I hope they will have that stuff sorted out.

Nibel

MP3 on PC is amazing.

This is fantastic news. Hope this will make us forget GTAIV's PC problems forever.

MDSLKTR

I stopped my playtrough of the ps4 version in anticipation of this, if it runs well on a 760 I'm selling my copy.

Xyber

Telling me it can run at 60FPS without saying ANYTHING about the hardware is completely pointless. It might as well run on a rig with three 980 in SLI or something.

Bricky

No shit sherlock. Unless they locked it to 30FPS like a select few broken console ports there is no way it wouldn't run at 60FPS. This doesn't say anything but 'our PC game works like a PC game' unless they mention the test specifications. It's not the least bit newsworthy. :p

But it's good to know the Max Payne 3 PC team is doing the port, since that was a good port, so there's that.

I am betting that V will run a lot better on PC than IV did. Remember that the xbone and ps4 are simply mid range PCs already, so at it's core it has been semi-designed for PC. The GTA IV version was made for the odd Xbox 360 and very odd ps3 architecture before being ported to PC, so good optimization would take more time and effort than this round.

Yeah erm I remember these kind of "rumours" before GTA 4 hit the PC. Many sites were claiming that GTA 4 run fantastically on the PC in 1080p. Then we got the release and the truth was it was a complete cluster fuck of huge proportions.

So I would take these rumours with several hundred truck loads of salt.

60 FPS??

YES!!

Max Payne 3 team??

YES!! YES!!

I got a 970 to replace my 670 yesterday, I believe the latter would be capable enough to run the Pc port with better specs and performance than the PS4 version.

With very little details like that I still am not much wiser.

Considering GTA IV, I wouldn't have been too surprised.

And a bad version of Bully. And an absolutely terrible shit version of LA Noire. Hearing that it is the MP3 team brings me confidence, but let's not pretend there is no reason to doubt Rockstar.

What? It runs very good on my PC.

great news, I am really enjoying the game on my PS4 but I'd double dip into PC if the mod community churns out amazing stuff like it did for GTA4.

Only real question is the DRM thats gonna be used, I don't want to clog my PC with anymore rootkits and crap like that.

Kezen

Banned
I still expect a top of the line CPU to reach 60fps with maximum LOD, if that's even possible. Unity is impossible to get running at 60fps consistently.

Open world games for the majority are very punitive on the CPU and until DX12 comes out we will have to tolerate drops here and here when the LOD is set to a high value.

Chris_C

I never quite understand it when a developer says their game runs at 60fps on PC. I mean, surely if you have a sufficiently powerful rig, you can achieve those framerates with any game.

This isn't meant as an indictment of the team at Rockstar though, just a general thought.

Durante

I still expect a top of the line CPU to reach 60fps with maximum LOD, if that's even possible. Unity is impossible to get running at 60fps consistently.
Is it really impossible? Before any driver updates for the game, gamegpu measured a 98 minimum framerate for the game on their highest-end configuration:
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-ac_proz.jpg

Now, it's unclear what parts of it they used for their tests, but 98 FPS gives you a pretty huge buffer before dropping below 60.

And that's for Unity, not a last-gen port. I don't think you'll need all that much to run GTAV at 60 FPS.

OchreHand

Woo. I can't wait. I have yet to play GTA V and decided to skip the console version.

Also looking forward to seeing what kind of mods will be made

Top Bottom