• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V Already Runs At 60FPS On PC, “Max Payne 3 Team Handling The PC Version

Dennis

Banned
What does it mean to run 60 fps on PC?

Sure, run a game in 360p and you can probably get 60 fps for every game even with a pretty shit GPU.

It is not a fixed platform what does this meeeeeean,

Leb

Sure, run a game in 360p and you can probably get 60 fps for every game even with a pretty shit GPU.

It means jack up the IQ and flip DSR to the max, it's walkin' time!

Dries

I wish Rockstar could confirm if we can use our own MP3's as a radio station again. It was in all previous PC versions of GTA, but I can't recall if the feature was available right at launch or if it got patched in later? Does anyone know this? Specifically for GTA IV?

In this thread: people who don't understand the significance of a Rockstar game running a solid 60 FPS claim that it's a meaningless accomplishment.

No in this thread there are people that recognise a bullshit rumour for what it is a "bullshit rumour". As I said previously before GTA 4 came out we had the same shit like "rumour GTA 4 runs great on the PC at 1080p"

I wish Rockstar could confirm if we can use our own MP3's as a radio station again. It was in all previous PC versions of GTA, but I can't recall if the feature was available right at launch or if it got patched in later? Does anyone know this? Specifically for GTA IV?

The custom radio station "Independence FM" was in GTA 4 at launch. As you say it has been a basic feature of the PC version since GTA 3. Whether it will remain in though is anyone's guess when it comes to Rockstar and the PC it is best to not take anything for granted.

axb2013

If MP3 is anything to go by...

11%201920%20mp3.png

11%202560%20mp3.png

11%201920%20mp3%204x.png

11%202560%20mp3%202.png

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/max-payne-3-test-gpu.html

My i5-2400/GTX 970 maintain 45+fps all settings maxed out with 4X MSAA (@1440p), going down to 2X MSAA hovers around 60. Let's hope...

Qassim

Performance wise, I don't think we can take away much from Max Payne 3 and apply it to GTAV. The quality of the MP3 port is something we can hopefully base our expectations for GTAV on, but not the performance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The custom radio station "Independence FM" was in GTA 4 at launch. As you say it has been a basic feature of the PC version since GTA 3. Whether it will remain in though is anyone's guess when it comes to Rockstar and the PC it is best to not take anything for granted.

See: R* taking the lazy route with San Andreas' music patch.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is it really impossible? Before any driver updates for the game, gamegpu measured a 98 minimum framerate for the game on their highest-end configuration:
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-ac_proz.jpg

Now, it's unclear what parts of it they used for their tests, but 98 FPS gives you a pretty huge buffer before dropping below 60.

And that's for Unity, not a last-gen port. I don't think you'll need all that much to run GTAV at 60 FPS.

Damn, 2500ks still relevant :eek:. Might have to save up some cash and take the plunge, my E8500 is getting a tad long in the tooth :lol. Not gonna play GTAV on that thing that's for damn sure.

Dr Dogg

So DSOG report on an article from a greek website named Alt-Tab (I'm guessing via Google translate) that is based on the say so of the author that during a conversation with a trusted source who supposedly worked on GTA V (of course no names, position or studio worked only that they had something to do with the online component of the next gen versions of GTA V) says that the PC version runs at a specific framerate (which I'd hope taking the GPU out of the equation shouldn't be an issue) and is being worked on by the Max Payne 3 'team' which in theory consisted of 9 of Rockstar's studios. Call me skeptical but considering the source and the regurgitating site I'll take this with a pinch of salt (the Max Payne 3 part especially) but hey that's the thing about rumours.

Koppa

Neo Member
"PC version already runs at 60FPS on the PC."

What is that even supposed to mean? Unless the game is broken and locked to 30 then it will run 60 if you have the hardware or adjust the settings to make it so. It's a completely meaningless thing to say, equivalent to "The PC version runs at 1080p." Of course it does, if you have a 1080p monitor and set the resolution to 1080p.

my instant assumption was that they are meaning that 60fps is achievable on mid-range hardware instead of needing a monstrous rig to push 60... if true... that gives the majority of us a fair bit of headroom for extra modded in eye candy :)

Deadbeat

Banned
my instant assumption was that they are meaning that 60fps is achievable on mid-range hardware instead of needing a monstrous rig to push 60... if true... that gives the majority of us a fair bit of headroom for extra modded in eye candy :)
The only thing is that all Rockstar games have been god awful ports. Max Payne 3 is the exception to the rule (and thats if you ignore rockstar social club).

Ill believe it when I see it.

Spazznid

I die a little inside every time a developer says shit like this.

Oooooh, Our game supports 4K!!!

Ooooh, Our game runs at 60 fps!!!

Oooooh, Our game is magic, go buy a $300 PC and you can play it at 4K with 120 fps!!!

I mean, that just sends the wrong message.

I would prefer the developers said something like: "Our game will not have any arbitrary framerate caps, and the Hud scales with the Aspect Ratio. It is also being heavily optimized and here are some benchmarks on a series of modern systems from multiple budgets with varying hardware."

Vitafit

Banned
At least not some random dudes in the Ukraine are doing this port.
Could have a chance to run decent without overpowering it or waiting for someone on Neogaf to fix it.

Vintage

If they are talking about optimization, then it's a useless and meaningless statement.
If they mean that game mechanics (physics, sound, etc) don't break at 60fps, then it's not an achievement.

However, after seeing MP3 I'm quite confident that this will be a much better port than GTA4.
Now bring us mod support.

Top Bottom