• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft is preparing to acquire a new publisher this year or next from these companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markio128

Gold Member
Microdoft?

Seems Legit Martin Freeman GIF

feynoob

Gold Member
Only sega is possible from this list. The rest would be too difficult for them.

Even then, this rumor is false. People like him are trying to farm engagement.

Ev1L AuRoN

I mean, assuming this is true, how much of the industry Microsoft would get away buying until the market regulators do something about it. This is ridiculous.

DAHGAMING

Great news for gamers, especialy us over on the dream machine. I dont know what were going to choose but we will have the pick of the bunch, I have heard that its actualy the likes of Capcom and Sega ringing Phil up asking if they can join team Microsoft Xbox 😍, whoever we go for I have faith in Phil and the gang to make the right choices 💪💪💪

Last edited:

NikuNashi

Great news for gamers, especialy us over on the dream machine. I dont know what were going to choose but we will have the pick of the bunch, I have heard that its actualy the likes of Capcom and Sega ringing Phil up asking if they can join team Microsoft Xbox 😍, whoever we go for I have faith in Phil and the gang to make the right choices 💪💪💪
Those roids have gone to your head :messenger_grinning_squinting:

skit_data

"Microdoft" roughly translates to "the smell of microwave oven" in swedish.

Now that we got that important matter out of the way I must ask OP why he creates threads based on this random Mustafa-dudes questionable tweets?

Acquisitions don't leak.

But I do expect them to acquire some publisher for sure. Also nobody is touching Zaslav's WB.

Fundamental issue is that Konami has no output, WB is a mess. That leaves us with Capcom, Sega and Square Enix. Also Bamco. Out of these two, Square Enix and Bamco in the worst financial condition right now. Sega is basically a second party for Microsoft in all but name at this point.

Last edited:

Filben

As a simple player of games I am for whatever will bring me more and better games.

From recent history none of these consolidations or acquisitions has resulted in gamers receiving more and better games. It seems we are getting less and worse games. So no thanks on that.
I'm still waiting on Sweeney's promise that a smaller cut for the store front on their platform will lead to better games and better prices.

I have a hard time believing that they would acquire another big publisher, seeing how they had to actually fight the CMA and FTC this time to get Activision Blizzard.
Both of regulators came up with nonsense and the next time they won't be able to come up with the same nonsense too because none of their arguments will work again. A lot of it depends on COD performance in GP too, if it greatly increases GP subs then MSFT will go after big ones like EA or T2. After all, the whole argument of CMA was "cloud cloud cloud" and it did not work out and with FTC their argument was "not publishing games to Sony" which is objectively not true either at this point.

I do expect the acquisition - but it won't leak in any case.

mdkirby

Given the regulators almost blocked the last deal, where microsoft also promised it wouldn’t lead to job losses. Regulators eventually said “ok”, and MS promptly sacked thousands of people, I can’t imagine it being passed next time.

I call creamy stinky horseshit on this one.

Leaker didn't even attempt to read the room.

Xbox console business has cratered. GamePass subs have been stagnant for ages. Boxed game sales have fallen off a cliff. They're losing 3rd party support for their platform left, right and centre, and they're even forced to launch their FP games on the competitor's platform....
... ain't no fucking way MS will open their coffers to let Xbox spend any more money on acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom