• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Midori says that an Apple Arcade title will be announced for multiple platforms in June

GOs7GTBXgAAKybg

People are speculating that the Apple Arcade title might be Fantasian, as there has been a SteamDB entry for it for almost a year now.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Interesting, Apple's monopoly on phones and particularly tablets would presumably mean they could afford to move all kinds of games all over the place without disrupting their business.

No idea who actually wants games designed for touchscreen on their PC/Consoles, but hey ho.

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t really think of a single title from Apple Arcade I’d care about seeing elsewhere.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Really hope it is Fantasian. Played a bit like 2 years ago or so with a free month of arcade. Didn’t get that far, but if it was on console with a controller and on my TV, I’d be down to try it again.

March Climber

Gold Member
No idea who actually wants games designed for touchscreen on their PC/Consoles, but hey ho.
Most of their Apple Arcade games are not only curated but also built for multiple inputs.

When people say they want more out of the mobile experience, Apple Arcade is literally the thing I point them to. Google Play has their own version too.

Pejo

I don't have an Apple device that can play it, so if it's Fantasian I'm fucking stoked. I heard it's actually good, and I like just about anything the Gooch puts out. Well except Terra Battle 2, that was fucking SHIT.

Fantasian is pretty good for those who haven’t played it. Simplified RPG. Mechanics will remind you of original FFVII or Blue Dragon, with Ghost in the Shell story vibes. If the console release ironed out a few areas where you need to grind, then this could be a 9.0-9.4/10 RPG.

Best thing Mistwalker has done since the Xbox 360 era!

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Really hope it is Fantasian. Played a bit like 2 years ago or so with a free month of arcade. Didn’t get that far, but if it was on console with a controller and on my TV, I’d be down to try it again.
I played it in a Mac hooked up to my tv with a controller.

It was just okay nothing great. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Kaim0

Neo Member
He ended up confirming it.

Best thing Mistwalker has done since the Xbox 360 era!

The best thing Mistwalker has done, period. And I'm debating whether it's not the best of Sakaguchi in general (with permission from CT, FF6 and FF9). But its combat system is the pinnacle of turn-based gameplay, its levels of strategy and challenge are a level above from the rest of JRPGs (minorities exceptions apart). And the freedom design of its second half is incredibly executed. Not to mention the originality and the experience it represents on an audiovisual level. Anyone who says they didn't see anything special in this game is lying, or they spent little time on it.

Last edited:
He ended up confirming it.

The best thing Mistwalker has done, period. And I'm debating whether it's not the best of Sakaguchi in general (with permission from CT, FF6 and FF9). But its combat system is the pinnacle of turn-based gameplay, its levels of strategy and challenge are a level above from the rest of JRPGs (minorities exceptions apart). And the freedom design of its second half is incredibly executed. Not to mention the originality and the experience it represents on an audiovisual level. Anyone who says they didn't see anything special in this game is lying, or they spent little time on it.

It is a very good game, with great care overall put into it. I can’t say it is better than FF6 though. That holds a special place in my heart.

Edit: blue dragon is also very good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom