• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Graphics Card Specs, Performance, Price & Availability (300W + 36TF performance)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why does nvidia overcharge hundreds for their gpus? I’m looking to build a pic but I may just go amd out of principle I can accept a 2000$ gpu if it’s 3x the performance but not when it’s barely 2x so what gives
3080 12G
3080Ti

Are all at or below MSRP.
Their price/performance right now rivals AMDs.
We still dont have much information on RDNA3 so, i have no idea how good or bad their cards will be price/performance vs Nvidias offerings.

Doubling the performance of a gpu gen on gen is a pretty big get, Native 4K should be doable until the enxt graphical bump to PC titles hit.
With DLSS and the 4070+ level cards 4K resolutions should be a cakewalk.

You could always just skip the generation and play at 1440p till 4K panels are pocket change.

3080 12G
3080Ti

Are all at or below MSRP.
Their price/performance right now rivals AMDs.
We still dont have much information on RDNA3 so, i have no idea how good or bad their cards will be price/performance vs Nvidias offerings.

Doubling the performance of a gpu gen on gen is a pretty big get, Native 4K should be doable until the enxt graphical bump to PC titles hit.
With DLSS and the 4070+ level cards 4K resolutions should be a cakewalk.

You could always just skip the generation and play at 1440p till 4K panels are pocket change.
I don’t have a pc yet this would be my first build so I’m just gonna get the latest parts (unless I find something crazy Like a 3090 ti for sub 500) 2x the performance for a severely increased price over every previous Gen is not the deal you think it is. It has to be 3x for 2000 to be an actual good deal and that’s obviously not happening none of the gpus I’ve seen are honestly worth more than 1.2k

Black_Stride

I don’t have a pc yet this would be my first build so I’m just gonna get the latest parts (unless I find something crazy Like a 3090 ti for sub 500) 2x the performance for a severely increased price over every previous Gen is not the deal you think it is. It has to be 3x for 2000 to be an actual good deal and that’s obviously not happening none of the gpus I’ve seen are honestly worth more than 1.2k
If all your PC does is game, then even a 3070 or 6700XT would be a good get.

We have no idea when RDNA3 and the main Ada cards are gonna hit, but pretty much every rumor is pointing towards 2023.
So if you can wait that long then just sit and wait.
Ryzen 4 and RaptorLake should be out by the time the new GPUs show up so youll have the latest everything.
If you do emulation go for Ryzen cuz Intel have seemingly lazered off AVX512 from their consumer chips.

Ive been building PCs for ~15 years, actually worked at a system builder for some of those years.
Other than the 8800GTS and the RTX3080 i have now, ive always been a second tier GPU buyer, they always provide the right price/performance ratio.....the 3080 kinda fell in my laps otherwise I would be running an MSI 3060Ti.

But that puts me in an odd position where I have to go up a tier or skip the generation.
If the 320Bit GA102 chip is priced reasonably ill be jumping on that, My PC doesnt only game so having a decent/beyond decent machine will pay for itself in time.

I also maybe naively dont expect Nvidia to increase Adas price.
I might be wrong but i think seeing how demand reduced heavily once the pandemic wasnt on everyones mind, i think GPU demand should have normalized somewhat.
Nvidia shouldnt increase the prices if they want us to buy their chips.
They can keep making tiers above xx80 all they want as long as a 4070 is 500, 4080 is ~700 dollars, its Ti variant 1000 or less.

If all your PC does is game, then even a 3070 or 6700XT would be a good get.

We have no idea when RDNA3 and the main Ada cards are gonna hit, but pretty much every rumor is pointing towards 2023.
So if you can wait that long then just sit and wait.
Ryzen 4 and RaptorLake should be out by the time the new GPUs show up so youll have the latest everything.
If you do emulation go for Ryzen cuz Intel have seemingly lazered off AVX512 from their consumer chips.

Ive been building PCs for ~15 years, actually worked at a system builder for some of those years.
Other than the 8800GTS and the RTX3080 i have now, ive always been a second tier GPU buyer, they always provide the right price/performance ratio.....the 3080 kinda fell in my laps otherwise I would be running an MSI 3060Ti.

But that puts me in an odd position where I have to go up a tier or skip the generation.
If the 320Bit GA102 chip is priced reasonably ill be jumping on that, My PC doesnt only game so having a decent/beyond decent machine will pay for itself in time.

I also maybe naively dont expect Nvidia to increase Adas price.
I might be wrong but i think seeing how demand reduced heavily once the pandemic wasnt on everyones mind, i think GPU demand should have normalized somewhat.
Nvidia shouldnt increase the prices if they want us to buy their chips.
They can keep making tiers above xx80 all they want as long as a 4070 is 500, 4080 is ~700 dollars, its Ti variant 1000 or less.
I want to go all out and not have to think about upgrades for 5 years so I would be buying the top end sku (well unless it’s priced at 2k plus)

Black_Stride

I want to go all out and not have to think about upgrades for 5 years so I would be buying the top end sku (well unless it’s priced at 2k plus)
Well then you might want to skip RaptorLake and go straight to MetoerLake in 2023/4 when Intel does a full architecture, socket, node and chiplet change.
MeteorLake isnt going to be LGA1700.

The 4090Ti is absolutely going to be near if not more than 2000 dollars.
Its twice as strong as a 3090Ti it has 48GB of 24Gbps GDDR6X VRAM on a 384bit bus with near 100MB of L2 cache.......that alone almost justifies the price.
What a gaming rig is gonna do with 48GB of VRAM?
Who knows, but build it and they will come is Nvidia motto.

You are gonna be spending near 4000 dollars if not more on a PC?
Thats some joke level stuff unless that PC actually makes money for you.
Cuz by streamlining your purchasing youll get better bang per buck.

For instance going X670E over X670 will likely gain you a whole 1 fps......going for a 7950X over a 7700X will likely gain you none.

MSI-X670.png

AMD-Ryzen-7000-CANADIAN-PRICING-1.png

Last edited:
Well then you might want to skip RaptorLake and go straight to MetoerLake in 2023/4 when Intel does a full architecture, socket, node and chiplet change.

Its twice as strong as a 3090Ti it has 48GB of 24Gbps GDDR6X VRAM on a 384bit bus with near 100MB of L2 cache.......that alone almost justifies the price.

For instance going X670E over X670 will likely gain you a whole 1 fps......going for a 7950X over a 7700X will likely gain you none.

MSI-X670.png

i was unaware they were coming out with even more cpus that soon i also thought the 4090 ti wasnt coming out till 2024 and im definitely not gonna wait that long

tusharngf

Any 4060 leaks?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti & RTX 4060 Rumored To Feature Over 2.5 GHz Clocks, Top Model Faster Than An RTX 3080 10 GB​

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti "AD104" Graphics Card

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti is said to utilize the AD104-180-A1 GPU core with 6144 FP32 cores or 48 SMs. That's 20% fewer SM units compared to the full chip which offers 60 SMs or 7680 cores in total. The graphics card is said to feature 10 GB of GDDR6 memory across a 160-bit bus interface and is expected to clock in at 17.5 Gbps for a total of 350 GB/s bandwidth. The card is rumored to have a TBP of around 270-280W and the GPU core is expected to run at an average clock speed of around 2600 MHz.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 "AD106" Graphics Card

The non-Ti model of the graphics card, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060, is expected to utilize the AD106 GPU core with 3968 FP32 cores or 31 SMs on the AD106-300 die. That's 14% fewer SMs compared to the full 36 SM die or 4608 FP32 cores. The graphics card is expected to rock 8 GB GDDR6 memory across a 128-bit bus interface, running at 17 Gbps for 272 GB/s of bandwidth. NVIDIA's RTX 4060 could also feature an average clock speed as high as 2700 MHz with a TBP between 230-240W.

Bojji

I love this bump.

The first page or two is so...

feels game of thrones GIF

With that said, I'd be surprised if the $750 rumor is more than white noise (likely deliberate to make a $650 launch look like a better deal).

Don't underestimate Nvidia, they will charge premium for cut down GPU (that should be called 4060). I doubt it will even be faster than 3080.

Reallink

It's a shitshow regardless of whether it's $650 or $750. The 3080, a $699 part, will be nearing 3 year's old by the time this launches, and your choices are a side grade for either a $50 price premium or a $50 discount. Both options are terrible.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Buying consumers are hellbent on fucking PC gamers hard.
Fixed it for you, pley-boi!

If people stop buying this shit at goofy ass prices, things would return to normal. AMD is starting to learn that with the 7900 XT. Started at $900, down to $800. Another 3 months and it might hit that sweet spot of $750. But to stay on topic, I think MLID is jerking folks chain. I know Jensen has the biggest balls in the world, but I have a hard time believing he'll price the stock 4070 at $749. I'm leaning closer to $680-$700 or else you'll have another 7900 XT/XTX situation on your hands where it doesn't make sense to purchase the XT with it being so close in price. But folks bought that at launch, so... yeah.

WILD FUCKING TIMES IN THE PC SPACE.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nvidia shit the bed, and is happy laying in it. They’re making money elsewhere, and don’t really give a shit if people aren’t buying their overpriced cards.

I’m considering the 7900XT now, which has dropped in price (as it should), or possibly a 7800XT when that arrives. I’d rather larger amounts of VRAM over fake frames anyways.

Last edited:

Bojji

Nvidia shit the bed, and is happy laying in it. They’re making money elsewhere, and don’t really give a shit if people aren’t buying their overpriced cards.

I’m considering the 7900XT now, which has dropped in price (as it should), or possibly a 7800XT when that arrives. I’d rather larger amounts of VRAM over fake frames anyways.

Modern games love to spill over Vram amounts higher than what is available on consoles ("optimization") so for PC gaming it would be unreasonable to buy anything below 16GB right now (12GB as the minimum).

Reallink

MSI-X670.png

They're not gonna put 48GB of RAM on a gaming card. Not only is it comically unnecessary, the memory BoM alone would cost significantly more than the GPU die itself. Something like that would be reserved for a Titan, and be way over $2000. The 4090Ti will be a 24GB gaming card with 90-95% of AD102 for $1999. The 48GB 100% uncut die will be a $2500-$3000 Titan Lovelace.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

They're not gonna put 48GB of RAM on a gaming card. Not only is it comically unnecessary, the memory BoM alone would cost significantly more than the GPU die itself. Something like that would be reserved for a Titan, and be way over $2000. The 4090Ti will be a 24GB gaming card with 90-95% of AD102 for $1999. The 48GB 100% uncut die will be a $2500-$3000 Titan Livelace.
Nvidia can decide to go either way.
The 7900XTX didnt dent the 4090s crown so the ball is in their court.
They can make an Ada Titan with 48GB or "just" a 4090Ti with 24GB.
Both PCBs have already been leaked so which they decide to release named as what is totally up to them.

The leaks are always PCB based not actual names, cuz we all saw what happened with the 4070 and 4080.
NVIDIA-TITAN-RTX-4090TI-HERO-1.jpg

SolidQ

They’re making money elsewhere
Huang can just say about one shitty features and people will buy like Zombies. If people will continue to buy shitty cards like 3050/3070 etc, then in feature xx5x cards for 800$ is real

I’d rather larger amounts of VRAM over fake frames anyways
anyway FSR3 soon coming, also there is chance for RDNA3+ FSR will be on AI accelerators.

Black_Stride

I dont see the 4060 being a card we will look fondly upon in the future.

The 1060 and 2060S will continue to live on as legends, and now in hindsight even the 3060 will be looked as being a good card.
Cuz what the fuck is this shit???
TkbhwHX.png

Black_Stride

Looks like the RTX 4070 will be offered in two flavors.
16pin and 8pin.

Honestly Nvidia should have offered 8pin for every model.

RTX4070-INNO3D.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don’t know why Nvidia is having these huge power draw figures this gen when the cards perform way better

It can’t be more than a 4080 which is already in 250W range for gaming
Wait... what? OMG this looks even worse :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They're missing some care in there, maybe because they know they are market leaders so who cares? lol

RagnarokIV

My 2 PCs both have 3070s and it seems plenty for the time being. I guess next bang for buck upgrade for me would be 2x 5060 Ti.

One of the cases is an NZXT H1, so hopefully card sizes can come down!

scoobs

I See You GIF by The Academy Awards

I see you Nvidia employee, "leaking" this $749 rumour so that when the real price of $649 is announced people will hail Nvidia as gods.

Even $649 for a gimped XX70 Series card is way too much.
Bless you for thinking they’re not actually going to charge $750 for the 4070.

Top Bottom