• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor- Pedro Pascal walked off mandalorian

ManaByte

Gold Member
I’d walk off a job if I had to work with Gina Carano, too.
gina carano fight GIF by Signature Entertainment

I remember Rian Johnson also using the “it was done for the story” excuse to explain away his shitfuck movie plots.

Not impressed with Mando. Some nostalgia heavily padded with filler. Kind of funny to me seeing people claiming “Star Wars is back”. Yes they said it for TFA too.
Once upon a time I really enjoyed reading your posts, but for a while everything I read from you is shitting on something or hate. Don't go that route, mate.

on topic:
How is "done for the story" even relevant here?
I had no idea about what happened in Clone Wars or Rebels with the Mandalorians, and this show has given enough information to see what they were going for.
We see normal Mandalorians take their helmets off -> Din slowly realizes he was raised in a cult -> he starts taking the rule more lightly -> he breaks the rule for the child, showing how much the little one means to him but also that he starts changing his ways.

"Show, don't tell" worked for me here.

Then on your second point: what is even the point of a sequel of something that's 37 years old if it's not somehow nostalgic? Just create a new franchise/setting/universe then. If you want to "let the past die", then don't use it to sell tickets for your movie, assholes.

I think they handled it fine. It was a big deal season 1. Season 2 they established there are other Mandos who have other rules. Din hasn't met back up with the fanatics so it makes sense his convictions would lessen.

And really the first time was to save his ward and the second was to say goodbye. I doubt even his fanatic Mando would hold his feet to the fire for that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The original rumor was obviously bullshit when S2 was crafted in such a logical and thoughtful way that the whole season ends with the "helmet rule" being tossed.

Like I'm sure he didn't want to wear the helmet forever but I don't buy all the drama and theatrics people are claiming happened.

YCoCg

The original rumor was obviously bullshit when S2 was crafted in such a logical and thoughtful way that the whole season ends with the "helmet rule" being tossed.

Like I'm sure he didn't want to wear the helmet forever but I don't buy all the drama and theatrics people are claiming happened.
Making up nerd baiting rumours is how you get clicks though! People love to hate and complain, especially if you link it to SJW-ness like those early rumours about Boba Fett being killed off and replaced by a woman using the title.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Making up nerd baiting rumours is how you get clicks though! People love to hate and complain, especially if you link it to SJW-ness like those early rumours about Boba Fett being killed off and replaced by a woman using the title.

The Disney Gallery: Mandalorian Season 2 they just posted on Disney+ debunks the entire bullshit idea.

Top Bottom