• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 3 Portable is getting a multiplatform remaster

Bullet Club

Rumor: Persona 3 Portable is getting a multiplatform remaster​

Persona 3 Portable on Nintendo Switch would be extraordinary.

Yesterday at The Game Awards 2021, Atlus and Arc System Works’ Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was revealed for a multiplatform release, including on Nintendo Switch. This would have been a surprise, except leaker Zippo had leaked the existence of the game all the way back in July. It is the latest of many accurate leaks from Zippo over time, and now, the leaker has made another major claim — that Persona 3 Portable will receive a multiplatform remaster. If accurate, that would all but guarantee Persona 3 Portable on Nintendo Switch.

Details provided are extremely scant, boiling down to basically one sentence: “Oh, and Persona 3 Portable is getting a remaster. Multiplatform.” However, it would definitely make sense, as Atlus has at least seven projects in the works for the 25th anniversary of the Persona franchise, with one of them being the aforementioned Persona 4 Arena Ultimax re-release. Special anime streams, concerts, and merchandise have also been announced.

Persona 3 Portable is in bad need of a multiplatform remaster (especially on Switch), only launching for Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) a decade ago. This version of the game uniquely offers the option to play as a female protagonist, which changes the story in ways small and surprisingly large, and it also removes a lot of on-foot town exploration and replaces it with fast and straightforward menu selection. Not all of the game’s changes over the previous version were unanimously embraced, but they made sense on PSP and would make similar sense on Switch. However, the biggest thing that Portable lacks over the previous version of the game, Persona 3 FES on PlayStation 2, is a full-blown epilogue story. It would be pretty awesome if a hypothetical Persona 3 Portable multiplatform remaster could incorporate the FES epilogue.

If this leak pans out, what are your hopes for a Persona 3 Portable on Switch? If your answer is “the prospect of Persona 4 Golden on Switch,” well, I certainly couldn’t blame you.

Source: Nintendo Enthusiast

The Shepard

I'd definitely give Persona 5 another go if it was on switch. Completed golden on the vita but couldn't finish 5 on ps4. Never played Persona 3 either so would like that on switch to. Golden not being on switch already is surprising as its being on pc for a while.

Tschumi

That would be nice. Persona 4 golden and 5/5 royal are games that i've bonded hard with bae over, and we tried to play p3p on my vita... just couldn't get into it, because it's such a rewind of the things they got so right in subsequent titles... maybe playing it on the big screen will freshen it up and we can finally finish it!

Vandole

Persona 3 was one of my comfort games, but I haven't actually played it in about 5 years or so. I'd love to be able to plan on a modern system, and the Switch would be ideal.

If this is real I hope it's a complete version with all the things that were left out of P3:FES. It was very impressive how much of the original game they brought over into P3P, but there were certainly gaps and dammit I missed being able to control my character and walk him/her around.

Teslerum

Who the f wants to play the portable version and not p3Fes?
Exactly

I don't mind the extras from the Portable version, but there are so many downsides to it as well, including just straight up being the inferior version to play for a first playthrough.

So, why in the world are we not getting a definitive version that combines the best aspects of the various P3 versions + updates QoL features to P5 standards.

Nautilus

Banned
I mean, thats kinda obvious, isn't it?After Persna 4 Golden success on PC, but mostly because of the barrage of announcements in celebration of Persona that Atlus is doing right now, a port of Persona 3 is bound to happen.

Hopefully they mean a P3FES port with P3PSP extras.

Otherwise, it sucks.
Doesn't FES also let you do that?
Stupid AI was part of the game though. It would need rebalancing without it.

Didn't bother me massively, tbh.

EDIT: apart from the female protagonist, I don't feel any of the P3P extra content should exist. Specially as one of them was the equivalent to Aerith not dying on a FFVII directors cut.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I don’t have any interest in just plain P3P no matter the system.

An updated P3 FES on modern systems with P3P content would be great.

If they can’t be arsed to put in some effort then just release it on mobile and be done.

RaZoR No1

Multiplatform = no Xbox... as usual..

As alrrady mentioned here, we need a mix of P3 FES and P3P and call it P3 Ultimate or P3 PES.
Both games offer too much to be left out in a remaster.

After last nights bullshit announcement? Who the fuck cares aboit P4 Arena?

Everyone has just been asking for P4G & P3 ports to modern consoles for years
Their HAS to be some agreement between Atlus and Sony to keep Persona 4 and Persona 5 off of other consoles (PC is often an exception).

There's no other feasible reason why they keep releasing Persona spin-off dancing, fighting, Labyrinth and Musou games, but don't bother with the actual mainline games.

Cornbread78

Their HAS to be some agreement between Atlus and Sony to keep Persona 4 and Persona 5 off of other consoles (PC is often an exception).

There's no other feasible reason why they keep releasing Persona spin-off dancing, fighting, Labyrinth and Musou games, but don't bother with the actual mainline games.

Probably, but why wouldn't they port it to modern Sony consoles at least? Any of them with PC ports should take little to no time & money to port over to PS4/5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Portable would be an odd choice. Sure, it has the unique FeMC and some unique social links, but it strips away so much from the presentation of the base game.

Is this blogger a reliable source of leaks ?

LordCBH

I’d rather have FES. Other than having the FeMC and the combat updates, portable stunk. Give us FES with the portable combat upgrades and I’ll be happy as fuck.

saintjules

Supposedly a remake is in the cards.

Screenshot_143-1140x225.jpg

I have not seen a Mod confirming any of their info though 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Rykan

I can't really imagine that they're working on a remake while also planning to rerelease P3 on every platform.

Krathoon

Just run Persona 3 FES in an emulator.
They could actually sell it like that and give us the extra content.

Top Bottom