• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Phil Spencer will be at TGS with a new Xbox game announcement.

Kagey K

Banned
I still don't think it will be anything that exciting. Tgshavent been big for Xbox for a while.
I'm not saying it's going to be big, and it most certainly won't be big enough for some Gaffers, but we have got good games announced in the past. (Yakuza series and Scarlett Nexus come to mind)

He should buy the Silent Hill IP, outright. Then assemble what he can of the original 1-3 teams and get it going. Shit would come to Xbox/Game Pass and PC simultaneously.
Last year that would have made me very angry, but since I am building a new PC (after 12 years) this year again, I would not be opposed to it, since my PC will be stronger than the PS5 anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bet its Kojimas game

Kojima has already said he has no presence at TGS.

Also, no idea what the scale/scope of their stream is, but whatever it is, it's gonna be airing at some real Japanese-ass time. i-e 2AM PDT and 5AM EST for us Yanks.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I'm not saying it's going to be big, and it most certainly won't be big enough for some Gaffers, but we have got good games announced in the past. (Yakuza series and Scarlett Nexus come to mind)

Its a possibility. But I don't think its going to be anything memorable.
I would loved to be proven wrong though

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
This dude Phill keeps poking the bear he gonna end up like Leo DiCaprio.

sarcastic laugh GIF

kapshin

He should buy the Silent Hill IP, outright. Then assemble what he can of the original 1-3 teams and get it going. Shit would come to Xbox/Game Pass and PC simultaneously.
I think it is going to be an in-house Microsoft studio dedicated to only Halo, that way they can have all of their time dedicated to it and not sidetracked with anything else. What possibly could go wrong?

What are we expecting here, exactly? Is Phil set to take the stage at an event and drop an accouncement? Is there a stream this week other than the ID@Xbox showcase?

FF7 Remake on Xbox would be pretty amazing. What's the story there, did Sony pay for permanent exclusivity?

And probably will never happen because there's no one left to work on it who made the original game, but would love a remaster of Lost Odyssey. Its such a great game, but 600p is ugly on my giant TV. But yeah if they could farm it out to a good port studio that would be amazing.

Last edited:
They got the Persona series ports just like Nintendo, so that was pretty big over the summer. But since on Game Pass will definitely be getting it on Xbox vs on Switch, can't resist 4K and xCloud. Sorry Nintendo, but make a new Switch and you'll get me back :)

I wonder what else they've got coming from Japan developers?

Last edited:
I don't think they'd hype up an accouncement just to talk about what is coming to Game Pass that's already available on Xbox, so it has to be something semi-major, right? Is Deathloop coming to Game Pass enough? I feel like it needs a bit more than that.

I don't think they'd hype up an accouncement just to talk about what is coming to Game Pass that's already available on Xbox, so it has to be something semi-major, right? Is Deathloop coming to Game Pass enough? I feel like it needs a bit more than that.
That might be exactly what they're doing though. That's what they did last year. Had a few larger third party announcements for GP around TGS like Scarlet Nexus and Avengers, and they basically dropped on GP that day.

reksveks

That might be exactly what they're doing though. That's what they did last year. Had a few larger third party announcements for GP around TGS like Scarlet Nexus and Avengers, and they basically dropped on GP that day.
Expecting Tales and Judgement games and hopefully Danganronpa 3.

Might look silly re judgement but it's weird if it ain't on the MS store.

Last edited:
"Upcoming first and third party games".

Expecting some GP announcements from third parties at least. And as much of an ill-fitting venue it is, probably Deathloop gets announced here too.

"We'll celebrate the vibrant players and visionary players across the region. You'll see some upcoming first party and third party games that I hope will delight players here in Japan and across the world."

Dang, alright then. Bring us the goods, Xbox!

Last edited:
"We'll celebrate the vibrant players and visionary players across the region. You'll see some upcoming first party and third party games that I hope will delight players here in Japan and across the world."

Dang, alright then. Bring us the goods, Xbox!
They're going to announce GP for the 2nd half of September also. Should be some fun stuff to play dropping fairly soon.

Top Bottom