• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Phil Spencer will be at TGS with a new Xbox game announcement.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
"The home of Sonic"

Team Ninja is a little busy at the moment.
Baby Reaction GIF

T-Cake

"Upcoming first and third party games".

Expecting some GP announcements from third parties at least. And as much of an ill-fitting venue it is, probably Deathloop gets announced here too.

What a shame he doesn't actually speak Japanese to go with the subtitles. It's certainly not a hard language to pronounce with the roman letters transliteration, anyone could do it with 10 minutes tuition.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What a shame he doesn't actually speak Japanese to go with the subtitles. It's certainly not a hard language to pronounce with the roman letters transliteration, anyone could do it with 10 minutes tuition.

Sarah Bond apparently speaks Japanese fluently, she will most definitely have a segment at the show, or handle most of it with Phil only coming out at the beginning and/or end to thank everyone.

“Microsoft should buy X japanese studio or fund X japanese game to provide for their 2% userbase in the US that wants JRPGs”

I just want to live in a world where Japanese devs don't just avoid making Xbox ports. If they're bought exclusivity by Sony or Nintendo that's one thing, but it seems like many devs just think it's not worth the time to port it.

I'd love to see more investment from MS in not only more Japanese studios, but Korean and other Asian Pacific studios as well.
That said, I don't think Phil goes to Japan to not announce something...probably nothing earth shattering. Or maybe it's to visit or negotiate for future titles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom