• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

In order to claim TTP's head you all wil have to proof he is lying, so far there is no evidence of that, yes there still no proof either that he is telling the truth, but you know how it is, innocent until proven guilty.

Chamber said:
icKKA.jpg
feels bad man

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
FTH said:
They already said in the pre-E3 video that there would be no Rising info at E3.

TGS is our best bet at this point.
Ah okay, thanks! Maybe they worded it that way because we can expect something else then? Or was it basically nothing more from Konami in general

TreIII

duckroll said:
Btw, I think it's pretty telling that when Kojima talks about the Fox engine, he specifically says that they're going to finally use the engine to make the next game he's directing. Not Rising. He doesn't mention Rising at all. If this is the big multiplatform internal HD engine that they're making, why aren't they using it for Rising? Because it's not being developed at Kojima Productions. :p

"Good answer! Good answer!" [/Family Feud]

But yeah, it is pretty suspect. And on the flip end, P* has no real reason to say anything that would only stand to cut in on Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns. So, it probably makes sense for both parties to stay mum, at least for now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
People are tweeting to Kamiya about how they're glad Rising is still a Konami joint and Kamiya is replying back with ":)"

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
People are tweeting to Kamiya about how they're glad Rising is still a Konami joint and Kamiya is replying back with ":)"

lol it's the same guy doing all those tweets, he's trolling Kamiya

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The other suspect thing is...where was Mineshi Kimura?
He was put in the spotlight when Rising was unveiled last year. It was weird to see Shinkawa but not Kimura.

Krev said:
He was put in the spotlight when Rising was unveiled last year. It was weird to see Shinkawa but not Kimura.

Yeah, i'd say that's more telling than anything. I understand that you'd bring Shinkawa out to talk about the art, but why not bring out Kimura or Matsuyama? Those are the two that have talked most about it up till this point. There's definitely something strange going on with it. I guess TGS will be our next chance to hear about it.

Roto13

jett said:
lol it's the same guy doing all those tweets, he's trolling Kamiya
Yeah, that guy makes a new account every damn day and tweets at Kamiya that he doesn't want him to make Rising. And he tweets and some Tekken dudes to tell them to put some character in Tekken 7. And he does both of these things over and over and over. You can tell they're all the same person because they're all equally stupid.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
None of these Konami announcements negate any of these rumors. In fact, they make them more likely than ever IMO, now that Kojima has his new multiplaform engine and that HD collections are officially being made, and multiplatform (except for Silent Hill HD, I guess) as well.

The Omega Man said:
In order to claim TTP's head you all wil have to proof he is lying, so far there is no evidence of that, yes there still no proof either that he is telling the truth, but you know how it is, the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence.

Fixed.

duckroll

Krev said:

Mineshi Kimura is hopefully back where he belongs... working on backgrounds... in the background. Lol.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Kojima's Fox Engine game isn't Metal Gear Solid 5.
I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, i'd say that's more telling than anything. I understand that you'd bring Shinkawa out to talk about the art, but why not bring out Kimura or Matsuyama? Those are the two that have talked most about it up till this point. There's definitely something strange going on with it. I guess TGS will be our next chance to hear about it.
Yeah, it seems to me that they didn't want to announce the game being turned over to Platinum just yet, so they trotted out the executive producer and art director because they're the only major members of the previously announced team who are still on board.

jett

D-Member
Krev said:
I really hope Kojima's Fox Engine game isn't Metal Gear Solid 5.
I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?

Yeah, it seems to me that they didn't want to announce the game being turned over to Platinum just yet, so they trotted out the executive producer and art director because they're the only major members of the previously announced team who are still on board.

It'll be MGS5, it'll be about Big Boss, and you will like it. Well I personally won't. :|

jackdoe

jett said:
It'll be MGS5, it'll be about Big Boss, and you will like it. Well I personally won't. :|
Haha. MGS5 should never happen. What Konami should do is take a page from Hollywood when regarding franchises that have written themselves into a wall and soft reboot the franchise by remaking Metal Gear.

robor

Yep Kimura is out for sure.

Which means that the P* rumor gains more merit. I just hope Kamiya isn't directing.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
jackdoe said:
Haha. MGS5 should never happen. What Konami should do is take a page from Hollywood when regarding franchises that have written themselves into a wall and soft reboot the franchise by remaking Metal Gear.
No, he should pass on reins to the series and work on something else.
NO MORE METAL GEAR DIRECTED BY KOJIMA. EVER.
robor said:
Yep Kimura is out for sure.

Which means that the P* rumor gains more merit. I just hope Kamiya isn't directing.
Why?

Korigama

jett said:

I wouldn't like it, either. The way I see it, there's really nothing else to say about Big Boss by now (Peace Walker should've wrapped things up in that respect), and dragging Snake out of retirement would defy the point of MGS4. I'd rather see something new already with MGS, since I'm not getting my hopes up about actually seeing new Kojima franchises.

beastmode

Korigama said:
I wouldn't like it, either. The way I see it, there's really nothing else to say about Big Boss by now (Peace Walker should've wrapped things up in that respect), and dragging Snake out of retirement would defy the point of MGS4. I'd rather see something new already with MGS, since I'm not getting my hopes up about actually seeing new Kojima franchises.
Redo of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2?

beastmode

Korigama said:
Can't say I'm the least bit interested in remakes, either.
Well, those games are so archaic yet integral to the series that I think it has to happen eventually, as either MGS5 or Peace Walker 2.

JABEE

Krev said:
No, he should pass on reins to the series and work on something else.
NO MORE METAL GEAR DIRECTED BY KOJIMA. EVER.
Who can Kojima trust passing Konami's biggest selling series to? Kojima seemed to be grooming the Rising leaders, but they appeared to have failed. Metal Gear makes Konami money and Kojima is writes, directs, and produces those hits.

beastmode

JABEE said:
Who can Kojima trust passing Konami's biggest selling series to? Kojima seemed to be grooming the Rising leaders, but they appeared to have failed. Metal Gear makes Konami money and Kojima is writes, directs, and produces those hits.
IRC portable ops was made without kojima and look how that turned out

Korigama

beastmode said:
Well, those games are so archaic yet integral to the series that I think it has to happen eventually, as either MGS5 or Peace Walker 2.

Should they do so, I'd rather they not call a retread MGS5. Maybe something like a portable title as Peace Walker was (maybe as an NGP game), but not a console release.

jett said:
The only story left untold is Raiden's years as a child solider in Africa or wherever.

What I mean is the introduction of a new lead altogether, actually. Can't say Raiden's child soldier story sounds all that fascinating (his cyborg ninja conversion story in Rising seems like it'll be all I'd care to know).

If I were to picture something that were to advance the series while not falling too far back in the timeline or drifting toward the series' usual comfort zone, I'd say neither another prequel centering on Big Boss nor a sequel forcing Snake out of retirement. Instead, a focus on introducing a new cast with a female lead formerly connected to the FROGs from MGS4, chronicling her liberation from the unit and subsequent return to the battlefield. Of course, I'm certain that it would be a cold day in hell before anything like that were to ever happen.

jett said:
The only story left untold is Raiden's years as a child solider in Africa or wherever.

They've got stories about The Boss that they could tell. Raiden is already getting his own game, so it's about time that The Boss gets hers. But I know it'll never happen. :/

daffy

Banned
Teetris said:
Ah okay, thanks! Maybe they worded it that way because we can expect something else then? Or was it basically nothing more from Konami in general
Well they still have an E3 booth (and may show up in conference videos), so we'll probably be getting gameplay for a lot of their announced titles and whatnot. I wouldn't expect much from new game announcements though.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
SolidSnakex said:
They've got stories about The Boss that they could tell. Raiden is already getting his own game, so it's about time that The Boss gets hers. But I know it'll never happen. :/

As much as I dream about such a game, I think deep down inside I'd rather keep it untouched, a myth and nothing more.

jett said:
hgckm.png

What's this? Why it's a computer showing Raiden from Rising in some of sort development phase at KojiPro's HQ.

Why Konami. Why? Why dost thou tempt me with foul anger? That picture screams "but dude raiden!" While the other dude screams Snatcher mother fucker.

duckroll

I think there are a lot of characters in the franchise who could spawn interesting spinoffs:

- The Boss during WW2. Superhero style story with the Cobra unit vs crazy Nazi supervillain enemies.

- Ocelot post-MGS3. Covert spy story with a focus on sabotage and gun duels during the 70s and 80s in urban settings.

- Gray Fox pre-MG1. Travelling assassin ninja.

The problem is that Kojima Productions will never have the balls to actually tap the MGS universe without using Snake at all. They tried that with Rising, and look how difficult it is for them. It's really a pity.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jett said:

I read that as "Raiden's years as a child molester".

neptunes

I think Kojima should revisit the contra series, in the same way he revisited Metal Gear back in 1997. Create his own interpretation of the franchise.

neptunes said:
I think Kojima should revisit the contra series, in the same way he revisited Metal Gear back in 1997. Create his own interpretation of the franchise.

I just don't know GAF. Can I tell him Metal Gear games existed before MGS1, and that Kojima created them?

Unless by cosmic coincidence TTP's source is the same as my own, I have independent "verification" of the rumor, just as far as the P* working on Rising part of it goes. I have known this guy for years, and he's shared with me quite a few things that came out later. I have no reason to doubt his word, and the way he told it, this wasn't some hot scoop, it was practically an open secret in certain circles.

Chemo

duckroll said:
I think there are a lot of characters in the franchise who could spawn interesting spinoffs:

- The Boss during WW2. Superhero style story with the Cobra unit vs crazy Nazi supervillain enemies.

- Ocelot post-MGS3. Covert spy story with a focus on sabotage and gun duels during the 70s and 80s in urban settings.

- Gray Fox pre-MG1. Travelling assassin ninja.

The problem is that Kojima Productions will never have the balls to actually tap the MGS universe without using Snake at all. They tried that with Rising, and look how difficult it is for them. It's really a pity.
I'd really like a Liquid Snake era FOX-HOUND game leading up to the Shadow Moses incident, myself.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Chemo said:
I'd really like a Liquid Snake era FOX-HOUND game leading up to the Shadow Moses incident, myself.
Only if I can play as Fatman and do JSF-type missions planting bombs

edit, nvm Fatman wasn't in there. But i'd still like that game

neptunes

GillianSeed79 said:
I just don't know GAF. Can I tell him Metal Gear games existed before MGS1, and that Kojima created them?
I know he worked on Policenauts & Snatcher between Metal Gear 2 and MGS

I guess he would only want to work on his own IP, But there so much potential in the Contra IP.

Top Bottom