• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Playstation 6 - Mark Cerny is back as PS6 Development Starts

Fredrik

Well I'm not necessarily saying it'd have mass appeal but isn't the obvious offer fidelity modes at 60fps? Virtually every game already has that mode just waiting to be unlocked, after all.

I suppose the other obvious improvement is better RT, which again is usually already implemented in PC versions. That'd presumably just be a case of raising the setting.
Fair enough maybe those using the fidelity or 40fps mode would be interested.

SABRE220

You are not going to get a 10x improvement. Did we get a 10x this generation? Nope.
The jump from a xbox one to the series x is 9.2x and that's not even taking into account the massive efficiency improvements from the new architecture. I never stated it would have to be a 10x improvement but it would have to be a minimum a 6x improvement to even have a hope of justifying the next-gen upgrade considering how the devs are so far struggling to really display a real next-gen showcase with hardware that is a significant step up over the last gen machines, the thought process from some of the posters in this thread saying a 3-4x upgrade will usher in a new gen is plain illogical and pessimistic.

The post which I was replying to stated a 16/20 tflop gpu when even the conservation ps4pro was a bigger upgrade. It was the same when people were predicting the specs for the next gen consoles with a majority of posters laughing at the notion that these consoles would even approach 980ti performance etc.

Last edited:

Marlenus

What spec and focus areas do people think ps6 will have?

My thoughts are AMD APU again, possibly with v-cache and a xilinx ai accelerator and beefed up RT.

Focus will be on more immersive worlds through lighting and NPC ai.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What spec and focus areas do people think ps6 will have?

My thoughts are AMD APU again, possibly with v-cache and a xilinx ai accelerator and beefed up RT.

Focus will be on more immersive worlds through lighting and NPC ai.
It will be all about better RT performance and will not talk a lot about pure power

At least what people were saying about the Pro versions of consoles

MacReady13

I call bullshit. Much like they stated during the PS4 gen, the PS5 gen will be the LAST console generation ever. It will never happen and this is the last gen for consoles! PS6 is bullshit! No one wants a box that plays games near their tv! They don't sell anymore! People want streaming and sub services, not consoles! Consoles are dead in the water and it won't happen. Forget about it being a reality...

Top Bottom