• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the next PC port being made by Nixxes

Corndog

Banned
I think the test, again we are talking about quite a lot of months of additional work (which you are discounting), will be a PC with 8 GB of RAM and 4 GB of VRAM max (keeps the Windows tax in check and is fair to how much free VRAM you would have for graphics only on PS4) and bandwidth, 8 cores Jaguar like CPU specs (or a bit more since yes you are running on Windows), and a mechanical <7000 RPM HDD and then see what the cuts are and what the performance is.

You want to talk about a PS4 target, put it in the same conditions. If you talk about 16 GB of RAM and 8+ GB of VRAM and Ryder 4 cores then we’ll, you are winning against your own strawmen and you know it…
Months by one guy maybe.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PixelatedBeast PixelatedBeast

Yeah, you’re misunderstanding my comment. I’m referring the bc, which Sony is inconsistent with. I don’t expect PS5 games to be supported by Sony beyond PS6, given their track record.

With PC, those games will never be left behind.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Hope it's true, should run much better on my PC than on PS5.

I'd love to see high performance and RT at the same time :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Top Bottom