• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Sony intends to acquire CD Projekt Red and Days Gone 2 in development

X-Wing

Reliable leaker when it comes to Destiny information. So what do you guys think?

2BSkfKL.jpeg

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Days gone 2 is dead giveaway, considering Sony is refusing to greenlight the project.
Especially with this news.

Actually this might confirm it even more. Think about it. He said it could've released this year if Sony werent a bunch of dicks 4 years ago, but that doesnt mean it wont release in the next few years and Sony might've given them the greenlight now after seeing its success on PC.

feynoob

Banned
Actually this might confirm it even more. Think about it. He said it could've released this year if Sony werent a bunch of dicks 4 years ago, but that doesnt mean it wont release in the next few years and Sony might've given them the greenlight now after seeing its success on PC.
Sony is picky with their content reception.
They want top quality games to be associated with their brand. It's why they didn't greenlight the game early.

Saber

Gold Member
Sony has no bone to pick with Days Gone. The former game director seems to have a bone to pick with Sony though, considering all the whining.

According to him, the guys at Sony aways look down on the development of Days Gone. If true is no wonder he would be mad at them.
Also, I'm willing to believe in him since Sony is orgasmic in favor of looking for metacritic scores and modern reviewers rather than the actual games.

This is huge if it's real.
Sony is about to get a good PC storefront. Hope they don't fk it up.
GOG is the best store front out there for consumers.
You think Sony is going to be selling games, including their own first party titles, DRM free? lol

It is a good store but if this happens I expect they will gut it out and only use the tech behind it to build their own store.

feynoob

Banned
It was always a top quality game to the majority of consumers. Only critics had beef with it because it was "too white".
The game was somewhat bland and kept dragging itself.
The director also left the studio due to his personality.

And this one.
Garvin had already been in the news for controversial views in 2021, when he argued that Days Gone didn't get a sequel because people didn't buy it at full price. As reported by VGC at the time, Garvin left Sony in 2019 "based on his personality," which he himself confirmed to be "disruptive."

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The game was somewhat bland and kept dragging itself.
The director also left the studio due to his personality.

And this one.

Much of it is nonsense. His tweets were pretty normal but tweeter and woke people found his words "disturbing". You may get some acknowledgment on the other forum.

feynoob

Banned
You think Sony is going to be selling games, including their own first party titles, DRM free? lol

It is a good store but if this happens I expect they will gut it out and only use the tech behind it to build their own store.
That is the downside for a big acquisition like that. Us consumers lose certain things because of it.
GOG will be riddled with a lot of drm games.

feynoob

Banned
Much of it is nonsense. His tweets were pretty normal but tweeter and woke people found his words "disturbing". You may get some acknowledgment on the other forum.
The guy didn't blame himself for the state of the game and attacked everything else.
You don't do that as a director of a big game. His personality was also disruptive to the company according to himself.
Guy was self destructing any chance for a sequel.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I'm not sure Sony will have time frankly, they're currently set to buy Take-Two, Capcom, and Square Enix. After those deals close, I suspect Tencent, Epic Games, Activision Blizzard, EA, and Ubisoft are their next acquisitions. Not sure how CD Project Red fits into their clear strategy.
Theory We Need Proof GIF by ION

feynoob

Banned
Or if Sony bought them they could improve them? The Witcher games are incredibly popular and despite the issues with Cyberpunk at launch they have turned it around and there are loads of people who are looking forward to the expansion and the sequel.
I wish they don't.
I want cdpr to be independent. Devs like that do wonders when they work alone outside of big influence.
Them and remedy are testimony what a talent can do without any restraining.

yurinka

Fake news, the Bend studio manager didn't want to pitch Days Gone 2 to Sony and pitched instead the new IP they are working on right now. Sony said that they'll pause acquisitions for a while and decreased their remianing budget they had for this year to $140M, and said they'll continue with acquisitions in the mid to long term.

Top Bottom